1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's Go Meltan & Melmeltal PokéDex Numbers

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    So, according to the network traffic of Pokémon GO, Meltan is 808 and Melmetal is 809. This could mean either two things:
    • Meltan and Melmetal are Gen 7 Pokémon
    • These two start off the Gen 8 PokéDex
    What do you guys think? Are these two are first glimpse at a new gen (like we've seen many times before) or are they just leftovers from the Gen 7 games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I kind of assumed at first that they were actually going to be a late part of Gen VII, but I'm growing more and more convinced that they're an early glimpse at Gen VIII. As for the Pokédex numbers, I would assume its either those aren't going to be the actual Pokédex number for them or that they're going to be like Victini in Gen 5. If the later, then it could possibly mean that one of them will be #0 in the regional 'dex while the other would be... -1? OR maybe they'd be listed as #A and #B in the regional 'dex? It's to early to tell.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I hope its gen 8 because gen 7 was my least favorite and I really like Meltan.

4. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    Maybe left overs from gen 7 that became gen 8. I'm pretty sure I've seen scraped Pokémon designs used in later gens so that may be the case of this one

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Since nothing was found in the coding for the last Gen VII titles, I'd assume they were Gen VIII Pokémon. It's not unheard of to have non-starter Pokémon at the start of a new dex...or at least, Victini set a precedent for it to happen.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    They are. See, these numbers were taken from Pokémon GO which has no need to give them random placeholder numbers since even Gen 5 isn't added yet. If they did, they'd be in the 400s or something, not the 800s.

7. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I personally think it'll be at the beginning before the starters, like Victini. I don't think we'll know for sure until Gen 8, though.

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I'd prefer it, that Meltan would be a gen VIII Pokémon. I think, the 7th generations has got enough mythical/legendary Pokémon.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Yeah, and I'd like to think we're past Gen 7 now.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Probably leading the Pokédex of gen 8, like Victini did in gen 5

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Yeah, I'm on the boat thinking it's gonna be a Victini situation. Most likely Gen 8 as well :3