1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction Motostokan Fire

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Feb 9, 2020.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    The Galar Region had been sent into a calm state as soon as Chairman Rose had been apprehended and the two 'royals' had also been taken into custody. Leon was no longer the Champion but he still enjoyed living in Postwick while travelling. He spent a lot more time in Motostoke now since he wanted to see how new trainers were bringing their strength out. There was one trainer that was only 9 years old, but she had the attitude of someone at age 13. Her name was Rebecca (who preferred to be called Bex) and she was a student of Kabu's and acted as a gym trainer. She had proven her aptitude in battle and that allowed her to start her career as a fire type gym trainer. She wanted a chance to actually grow as a trainer though and to do that, she needed to go through the Gym Challenge, so she was trying to get Kabu to endorse her as she had learned his ways.

It was a typical morning inside Motostoke Stadium and all the trainers had arrived early for Kabu's daily workout as well as training regiment. He had them there 3 times a day. Once before breakfast, once after lunch and once more after dinner. All his students showed dedication to their studies with him and that always rewarded them greatly. "So what have we learned from the current week?" Kabu always did this when it was the last day of the week to see who needed more of his time.

"That we can always find ways to grow," one trainer responded. Kabu nodded but didn't look fully satisfied with the answer. Rebecca let her mind wander for a few moments and then realized the entire lesson based on what he had done to them over the week.

"As much as we believe that we increase in strength, there are others who are doing the same. We must persevere through the battles and always take a lesson from it. We can improve within moments if we give ourselves the chance to see that we were wrong about our style of battle," Rebecca informed.

"Very well done Rebecca," Kabu answered and she smiled as her face became rosy. "Now with these lessons I want you all to know something. Us Gym Leaders compete to see who's stronger which is why I'm the first leg of the Challenge. I'm not the strongest, but I'm not the weakest. Our former Champion, Leon, has offered one Gym Trainer an endorsement should they win the competition us Gym Leaders are hosting. So, who in my gym is going to compete?"

Rebecca, a male trainer and their best friend Taylor all raised their hands. "We won't disappoint you sir," Taylor added.

"You'll see that it's your trainers all fighting each other for the endorsement," Rebecca added looking at him. He chuckled at his 3 trainers and their enthusiasm. "We'll show Raihan this year that Kabu's training is supreme."

"Easy now Bex," Kabu chided and she looked at him. "While you and your friends all do possess the skills that are necessary for the challenge, you must consider where all the other gym trainers stand in the rankings of ourselves. Raihan is the 8th gym leader in the Challenge meaning that he is the strongest of us all. Don't assume that trainers are all inferior to us. We have trainers that are equally as strong with us, while we train others. This is where the lesson of looks being deceiving can come into play. Don't start saying this type of stuf without knowing. Now, the competition will be here in Motostoke Stadium. I want you all to head home for a few hours and rest up. The other Gym Leaders will be here in 5 hours and the competition is in 7 hours," he informed.

"Yes sir," all 4 trainers reponded before bowing to their teacher and getting ready to leave. As Rebecca was grabbing her bag she knew that Kabu had reasons for telling them this. He never told them something if he didn't have reasons for telling them.

"Kabu, why did you tell us about the competition? I'm certain there have been competitions like this before and we never knew," she prodded. Kabu looked at the girl that he treated like his own child confused. "I've been your gym trainer for 2 years now and never have you mentioned this competiton. What changed it?"

"Let's start with the fact that you aren't 6 going on 7 anymore. You're 9 and going on 10 years old. You have the mental age of a teenager and know more about Pokémon then you did back then. I wanted to wait until you and your friends had strengthened your minds before putting you through this. It wasn't me saying that you didn't possess the skills, because let's be honest. You have had them since you started training here. I remember the referee telling me that you would always be the one to stand in the way of some of the trainers who needed to catch the Pokémon but instead you fainted the Pokémon to only give them one point. I just think that now is finally your time to shine. Go out there and scorch them," he answered. She looked at him stunned and he chuckled. "Come on. Let's head upstairs for a bit. Has Melony answered your text?"

"No but I think my attitude in the text message wasn't appreciated. I work with fire all day and asked if her Pokémon would be ready to be melted once I got to her gym," she answered and Kabu guffawed at that.

"You aren't wrong that Fire is strong against Ice, but you should know that some Ice types have the water type moves as well," he reminded and she gulped. "That's right. Melony holds a Lapras. Should you get there, you will need to be ready for her."

"I will, but first I need to recharge my batteries for this competition later," she answered smiling and going up the stairs to Kabu's little flat above the stadium.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    As Kabu walked into his flat he chuckled as he saw his student had indeed needed a rest. She looked to have literally fallen on the couch and then went to sleep. "Fire burns brightly. Don't let it fizzle out though," he whispered before covering her with the plush throw on the couch. For many years, Kabu had been the man that gave children hope in town. When he met Bex, she was losing hope and needed to have a fire put into her heart. He gave her that fire and even kept it fueled by training her in his gym. Now he felt responsible for what she was about to do.

While Bex slept, Kabu was reading some books before noticing that the small frame was moving in a way that could resemble her waking. "Good morning sleepyhead. We need to be ready to greet our guests in about an hour. The others will be here soon. So I advise getting ready. No you don't have to wear your uniform. It's casual today," he answered as she walked into the kitchen.

"Good. So we have the most trainers coming. How many others will show up?" Bex wanted to have an idea so she could think of some advantages. Kabu opened his Rotom Phone before frowning.

Most kids are backing out. Heard Bex was involved. Ask her about the Phoenix Trainer- Leon

The Phoenix Trainer? Is Bex up to something? All my trainers are spooked- Raihan

"Hey Rebecca? What's this Phoenix Trainer? All the other trainer kids are talking about them and wanting to back out because of them. Is there something I'm not aware of?" Rebecca walked out confused. "Are you the Trainer in question? Why do you spook the other Gym Trainers?"

"I really have no idea Kabu. I am the Phoenix Trainer and I go by that as a classic joke," she responded looking at him before grabbing her own phone and sending a mass text to the Gym Trainers.

Guys really? I want a clean and fun match. Yeah I call myself the Phoenix Trainer, but seriously? Why would I wreck the fun for everybody?

Bex sat in the gym with her friends waiting patiently before seeing the other Gym Leaders arrive. "Did any of the other Trainers decide to show up as well?"

"No. Even though Rebecca cleared up the misunderstanding, they wouldn't come. All are worried that she is going to try something regardless. She has never done anything cheap before but they think with this being the ticket to endorsement by the former Champion," Melony began.

"They think I won't hesitate to try something to make sure I win. That's ridiculous. I have standards and as I sent in my text, clean and fun match. That's it. I never prided myself on sneaky wins," she sighed.

"We will host this tomorrow after our trainers have calmed down. We're getting information about you from other sources to make sure the two stories match," Raihan warned.