1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mystery Dungeon on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Robertz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Robertz

Robertz School Kid

Zekrom Egg
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    We absolutely need a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game for the Switch!

Gwoomy, InkyGuy and Sethal like this.
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I would agree with this wholeheartedly. The Mystery Dungeon series is my last hope for the Pokémon franchise - the games represent everything I want out of the series. Bright, cheerful visuals that capture the essence of Pokémon perfectly, a more detailed and substantial narrative, and everything actually available all in one game.

I would buy the heck out of a MD title on Switch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy likes this.
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I would love that. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is one of my favorite spin-off games from the franchise. Hopefully, it would have some of the emotional edge that Explorers had.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy likes this.
  4. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Yeah, I'd also like to see one. I'm excited how they're bringing the concept of Z-Attacks.
    The new graphics can be better than ever before, and the game can have more of 'everything'. But, I do hope they make the dungeons more interesting, cuz I feel like they break the game. I know, it's the main gameplay but...yeah.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Oh, I would love that. I've been intrigued by the mystery dungeon games, but haven't actually played any of them because I don't have the right gaming systems. While I don't have a switch, I'm definitely planning on getting one, so it would be really cool if a mystery dungeon game was available on it.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    We don't need one, but we highly desire one.

Personally, I would prefer another Orre region adventure.

CountessGardevoir likes this.
  7. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Don't- don't even get me started.
    I've been needing. NEEDING a PMD for the switch.

Gwoomy likes this.
  8. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven't really enjoyed the PMD games past gen 4 explorers of sky. They've just been way too easy and not anywhere near as fun to me.

9. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I join the demanding crowd, I'd buy that day one for sure.

10. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I agree. The PMD games were a major shift in perspective and really change how I looked at Pokémon.

11. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't have a Switch (yet), but if they released a PMD game for it that would probably motivate me to buy one.

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Agreed. I've honestly only played Gates to Infinity (which didn't have the best reputation among MD fans) but I'd love a new game in this series for Switch. Been wanting to get more into the series and it would give me an even better excuse to actually buy a Switch. lol

...Plus I love Alola and the starters, so I'd love to experience them in these

13. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    *breaths in* Alright time to get criticized all to hell and damnation. Ok so Mystery Dungeon, phenomenal series of games, BUT do we REALLY need one on the Switch? Let's put it this way, we have 5 Mystery Dungeon Titles, (yes I'm including the JPN only WiiWare titles) the most out of any spin-off series, I do believe it's high time for another side series to take the spotlight. The "go to" would be Ranger as it plays "second fiddle" to the Mystery Dungeon series as being the most popular, HOWEVER, that is a game that would only work on the handheld mode, meaning that the TV mode version of the game would be either unplayable or very difficult to play so lets mark that one out and save it for the 3DS.

Next up is my pick for spin-off games, the Stadium games + Colosseum/XD. This side series of games combined is tied for the most with 5 in it's arsenal as well. It's been almost 12 years since we got one of these games (Pokémon Battle Revolution was released in December of '06) so it's definitely been quite some time since we've gotten a title like those. Plus you gotta admit, Pokémon models displayed like those on the Switch would look GORGEOUS.

If Stadium isn't your fancy then we have the Rumble series. We have 4 of these games, the second most out of any spin-off and it has been very successful over the years. Fast and exhilarating gameplay combined with simple but effective graphics makes for a good game and a nice pick for the Switch.

Any other spin-off title is kinda obsolete to be completely honest. Trozei and Shuffle are just puzzle games that are best suited for handhelds, Picross is also a handheld title. Dash is just OH GOD NO and Hey You Pikachu and Channel are just a toss-up at this point.

#13 Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I don't even play them and I honestly agree! The switch needs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY more variety.

15. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Contrary to what many people say, I actually found the most recent Super Mystery Dungeon very enjoyable and I'd love to see more of it! Hopefully they'll bring back those fields where you can see your friends live on the field like in the first games!

16. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Three years later, and we still didn't get a new entry in the series. To be honest, I'm starting to lose hope that the Switch will be getting one. I can still remember when they were lots of rumours speculating about a surprise announcement a while ago, but we all know how that ended...

But, who knows, maybe it's still too early to call it a day. I mean, nobody was expecting that Pokémon Snap would get a sequel, so maybe there's also a pleasant surprise ahead of us.

17. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    I really hope we get a new Switch Mystery Dungeon soon. Its my favorite spin off of the Franchise (I literally have a whole world based on it) and it deserves an actual game on the Switch. Not just a remake of Blue/Red.

Though... a remake of Explorers of Sky would be so cool.