1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo Switch a Year Later

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    So the Switch has been out for a year and two days now. Did the system live up to its hype? Do you still play it? Any memories you have of the Switch's first year?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I still play it! It's actually my favourite console to date. The portability of it is a big part of why I love it.
    I'm excited for new games for it! Especially animal crossing. Hhh I hope it is announced soon.

I have a few great memories with my Switch. But my favourite one is 1 2 Switch related.
    I got gifted 1 2 Switch and while it's just an okay game it's a hilarious game to play with friends when on holiday.
    The night I brought out the switch, hooked it up to the flat's TV and handed the joycons to my friends was one of the funniest nights I can remember. I didn't even play much!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I got my switch like three months after release and I played the heck out of most games that I have gotten for it, my favorite is FE Warriors, I have probably too many hours into it for a Dynasty Warriors game, but it is so satisfying to just knock down 2500 enemies in like 7 minutes. My favorite memories are of my brother and I tackling BotW for the Switch together, it was really nostalgic seeing as we used to do that with every zelda game

I am super excited to see what is going to be released this year!

4. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    honestly, it's the most innovative nintendo console since like... the DS, and i think this speaks volumes as to why it has been so successful to date (and will likely continue to be successful).

super glad to have titles like dragon ball xenoverse and zelda botw to keep me entertained for quite a while to come.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Oh yes, I have such fond memories of the console I still don't own. T_T

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    While I do not own one, I do not hear about the system as much. I don't hear about the games, nor the content coming to the system, it seems to have just disappeared. I can't say that the system isn't doing as well, from the perspective of someone who doesn't own the system, it isn't doing as well as the year went on in the market.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    This. T_T

Wolf Expert likes this.
  8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Actually it is the highest grossing system of the year. It is doing incredibly well.

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Perhaps it is just my town then, because honestly always have them in stock and I never see people with them :O

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    The switch is by far the most enjoyable console/handheld I've ever had. I love how I can switch things up depending on my mood or situation and just have fun playing. There aren't many games to play on it still, but of the games that are available, I've spent loads of hours and really enjoy it! The quality is phenomenal as well, it's amazing how crystal clear it is when it's not on TV.

11. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I just can't wait to start playing stuff like Kirby Star Allies and eventually Metroid Prime 4. I'm going to be hooked on my Switch for hours.

My only dilemma is that the indie eShop games aren't really... eye-capturing, at least to me. It really seems like most of them at either 8 or 16-bit sidescroller/adventure games which aren't too much of my thing.