1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Obtaining the new mega stones in OR/AS

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So something I thought about recently was how will we be receiving the mega stones of the currently revealed mega Pokémon, such as pidgeot and beedrill.
    I doubt that there will be a giant pink rock like in X and Y that helps us find these hidden mega stones, but what if they take the concept of the Mega Evolution anime special. It would work like this, you battle someone who has that mega, and if you beat them they will give you the mega stone. If you think about it this would work out pretty nicely, and would be more fun finding those trainers. What do you guys think? Will finding the mega stones be a scavenger hunt, or a Trainer hunt?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    If there'll even be hidden mega stones in ORAS, although I'm sure there most likely will. How to obtain them I don't know but I'm sure we don't have the huge pink crystal rock again to help us with it at certain hours. Beating trainers to get them sounds like a likely option in my opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    To be honest, I like that concept. It would be fun to battle people with random Megas, actually, rather than important plot point Megas like in XY. I hope it'll be like that.

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Whatever the actual hunt may be for, I really do hope they'll make it somewhat of a challenge. X&Y had some really great Mega Stone locations, such as the Alakazite, which was found in a hidden part of the Reflection Cave. I absolutely loved how they made it so that you could only see the entrance by looking in the mirrors on the other side of the room. That was incredibly clever use of the area, and I wish they would've done that more times. For example, I believe it was the Pinsirite that was just laying around in Santalune Forest. The only challenge there was that you had to come there at the right time to see it.

Speaking of which, I really didn't find the time limit for the Mega Stones all that enjoyable. You only had one hour every day to search for the Mega Stones that could be hidden literally everywhere. I eventually just looked the locations up on Serebii, because I couldn't search long enough. I hope they remove that feature in OR/AS, and instead give us a different challenge to find it. Just make us go on an actual epic quest to find these Mega Stones! Don't just put them in plain sight in a forest, but (for example) give us post-game access to a hidden area in said forest, where more powerful Pokémon reside, and in the deepest part lays the Mega Stone.

I could go on for hours, giving examples of great ways to hide a Mega Stone. And let the Mega Stone locations have some relation to their respective Pokémon as well! This is an amazing idea for some great post-game content, but I don't think it'll be anywhere like that :/

sohrob101 likes this.
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm hoping it will be more of a challenge than X/Y was...it took me a day to collect all the Mega stones which was really disappointing. Maybe one stone a week or something? I really want more of a challenge hunting the stones. :(

6. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    I whsh the areas of where mega stones were random to be more challanging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.