1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PokéCountries: Or, What Happened After the Events of the Second Pokemon World War

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by oghond, Aug 18, 2017.

1. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    I'm doing something a little bit different today. Rather than post a new chapter up, I decided to create a musical parody. You may not have heard of the musical adaptation of the story of Jekyll and Hyde, but if you have, then you'll probably enjoy this. And even if not, you'll probably enjoy this. The original song is "Confrontation," and I thought Jekyll and Hyde's interaction throughout this song is PERFECT for the scene in Chapter 1 (and scenes in later chapters) where Germany is haunted by visions of the blind German Staraptor (AKA Nazi Germany). So I made this. I hope you enjoy!!

By the way, the lyrics do not use a phonetic German accent here for neither Germany nor Nazi Germany (except when speaking), but Germany is meant to be singing with his thick German accent as always :)

As usual, I do not own anything, nor do I support Nazi Germany. There are references to the party abound. You have been warned. I am also not discriminating against modern-day Germany or modern-day Germans.

Lyrics (Germany= Jekyll, Nazi Germany= Hyde):

GERMANY:
    It's over now, I know inside
    But still they seem to know
    The sorry reign of the Third Reich
    And those he disliked
    No one must ever know

I didn't see the tragedy
    But he had a bad intent
    Now the blind one's reign of terror
    Will forever kill the good that I had meant

Is this democracy?
    Is this totality?
    There's such a fine line
    Between an ally and a...

(NAZI GERMANY enters)

NAZI GERMANY:
    Do you really think
    That you can ever let me go?
    Do you think you'll ever make them see?
    If you do, I'm sad to say
    It simply isn't so
    They'll only see you as a blind Nazi!

GERMANY:
    All that you are
    Is a vision I'm seeing
    I close my eyes and you disappear

NAZI GERMANY:
    I'm what you see
    In every vision you're seeing
    As long as you live, I will still be here

GERMANY:
    All that you are
    Is a horrible nightmare
    All that you are is a mirage that I've seen
    After tonight
    I will end this demon dream

NAZI GERMANY:
    This is not a dream, my friend
    And it will never end
    The tragedy I brought you will go on
    The Reich is here to stay
    No matter what you may pretend
    And he'll be reigning long after you're gone!

GERMANY:
    Soon you will leave
    And I won't be tormented
    You cannot choose but to end your reign

NAZI GERMANY:
    I'll never leave!
    I'll be represented!
    Each day you'll see me inside your brain

GERMANY:
    I can't experience
    The horror you showed me
    Please, can't you go
    So this war can end?
    I will rejoice
    When you've left me in the end

NAZI GERMANY:
    I'll live inside you forever

GERMANY (spoken):
    Nein!

NAZI GERMANY:
    With the Hakenkreuz by my side!

GERMANY (spoken, desperate):
    NEIN-!

NAZI GERMANY:
    I know that now and forever
    They'll never be able
    To seperate you from the Reich!

(horrifying war images ensue)

GERMANY (spoken):
    Please, no... I-I can't bear to see anozer image from ze var...

NAZI GERMANY (spoken):
    All you will ever be is the war!

GERMANY (spoken):
    No, stop it, please! I'm not like you! I-

NAZI GERMANY (spoken):
    All you will ever be is the war!

GERMANY (sung):
    Can't you see
    It's over now?
    The Reich is gone!

NAZI GERMANY:
    No, not the Reich!
    Only you!

GERMANY:
    If I faint
    You'll faint, too!

NAZI GERMANY:
    You'll faint with me
    I am you!

GERMANY:
    Why are you blind?
    Leave me be!

NAZI GERMANY:
    Can't you see
    You are me?

GERMANY:
    No-!
    I'm not like you-!

NAZI GERMANY:
    I am the master race!
    I am you!

GERMANY (spoken):
    No-! Nefer...

NAZI GERMANY (spoken):
    Yes... Forever...!

GERMANY (spoken):
    But you don't get it! I'm not a Nazi! Please... please get out of my mind... I don't vant anyvon to get hurt in anozer var...

NAZI GERMANY (spoken):
    War is eminent! I'll see you there, Deutschland!

GERMANY (spoken):
    Vat?! No, please... NEIN-!

(NAZI GERMANY leaves)

(GERMANY snaps out of vision breathing heavily and looking terrified)

(song ends)

#41 Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  2. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Poor Germany... :,(

3. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    You might need to get someone to sing and publish this. It's so good!
    I listened to the actual song while reading this, and it fits so well! You have some serious talent, dude. This is awesome.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8

THANK YOU!!!!!!! By the way, do you have any idea as to what the Hakenkreuz is?

5. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    It's one of the symbols used for the Nazi Party, right? And later, the Third Reich?
    #MissingNo

6. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Yep! The Nazi swastika, specifically. Which makes the song all the more intense...

7. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    By the way, what did you think of Part 1, Chapter 2?

8. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    It was definitely different, but I think it showcased exactly the mood in the story. This was actually the first time I've seen a parody in a fanfiction, and I really enjoyed it.
    #MissingNo

9. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Thanks!

...Wait, are you referring to the parody or Part 1 of Chapter 2?

10. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    And if you're referring to Part 1 of Chapter 2, then how was it reading about the events of 9/11?

11. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    The parody :sweat: The story was really good as well, though! The fact that the Twin Towers were depicted as Reshiram and Zekrom is a good depiction of what the Towers meant and how much their destruction affected everyone.
    Thank you for doing this again. In this format, people can understand the war and other horrendous attacks like 9/11 in a more accessible setting.
    #MissingNo

12. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8

Thank you!!!!!! :)

13. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Here's Part 2 of Chapter 2 of PokeCountries, "Fighting For Strength"! In this part, the nations find out the extent of Barcelona's terrorist attack, and let's just say that all is not well. However, as Barcelona tries to fight through the tragedy, Germany comes up with a plan that will not only serve to help Barcelona, but the hospital as well... Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Part 2, Chapter 2: Fighting For Strength
    A mixture of sadness, anger, and nervousness were all running through America's mind as he, Spain, Canada, and the rest of the European nations ran through the hallways of the Federation to the hospital room. Spain had told the stunned America that Barcelona was going to be there and had been carried away shortly after her attack. On his way there, America turned towards a panicked and nervous Canada, who was just as concerned for Barcelona's health as he was.

"Do you think that Barcelona's going to be okay?" asked America.

"I hope so," Canada pleaded. "She'll probably be able to fight through this attack, though. That's what she usually does when faced with adversity."

"I know, Canada. She's a pretty hard-nosed Sneasel, if you ask me."

"I really hope zat Barcelona's okay!" Germany cried, running up to America as fast as he could go, with tears streaming down his face. "I'fe known her for fife days now, und to see ze aftermas of her getting struck by a terrorist..." He cringed. "She's von of my best friends! I don't vant to see her so..."

He never got to finish his statement, however. The group stopped as they saw that the hospital door was wide open. Spain peered out on the other side and took one look at what was there, before letting out a panicked gasp.

"Barcelona!" he practically sobbed, dashing into the room.

Eventually, America, Canada, and Germany decided to follow him in- and they were met with the shock of their lives. Spain was nervously standing near the edge of a hospital bed, and on the other end of that hospital bed, holding Spain's hand, was Barcelona. As America had stated, she was a hard-nosed, headstrong Sneasel who never gave up, even in the face of disaster.

Usually.

As they got closer to the bed, the rest of the group noticed two things. The first, and most outwardly obvious, was that Barcelona was hooked up to multiple wires, and both of her legs seemed to have been cut off. The second thing, however, was the look on Barcelona's face.

It was not a look that Barcelona would usually have.

Normally, Barcelona in this situation would be determined, and thus be smiling even though she's just been hurt by a terrorist. However, instead, Barcelona was frowning, with her head down. She seemed to be in complete despair. It reminded America of how New York City felt when the Twin Towers were taken down. The sight of seeing Barcelona like this shocked America and Germany so much that they ran up to Barcelona's side to check on her.

"Barcelona!" America cried.

"Are you okay?!" Spain asked. "I'm sorry if I was too late to fight off the terrorist. What happened?"

Barcelona sighed.

"My legs..." she muttered. "I can't feel them anymore... I think they might have been cut off by the terrorist, but I'm not sure. Everything happened so fast that I blacked out the minute I was hit."

Spain gasped.

"Barcelona...!" he exclaimed, terrified. "That's just absolutely horrible!"

America looked under the blanket that was covering the lower half of Barcelona's body, his concern growing. Sure enough, he saw a body but no legs. His worst fears were confirmed: her legs had indeed been cut off by a terrorist. His blood ran cold; however, he decided not to tell Barcelona about it, so as not to make her feel even more hopelessness. Besides, he knew a doctor would probably be coming in at any moment with charts and X-rays.

He dropped the blanket that was in his mouth and turned towards Germany with a sad look on his face.

"America?" Germany asked. "Is anysing vrong?"

America nodded sadly, then motioned the act of his legs being cut off. Germany gasped in shock as he realized what had happened.

"You mean...?!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah," America said sadly. "I'm gonna wait for a doctor to deliver the news, though."

"Oh, no..." Germany muttered. "Zat's horrible... Poor Barcelona..."

"I know," America agreed.

At that moment, the hospital door opened, and a Chansey entered the room with an X-ray. Seeing her, Spain rushed up to her, tears in his eyes.

"Thank goodness you're here!" he sobbed. "Is Barcelona going to be okay?"

The Chansey doctor shook her head. "I'm sorry, Spain, but I've got some bad news. Barcelona's legs were cut off in the terrorist attack."

Spain and Barcelona gasped in shock. They could barely believe what they were hearing.

"No!" Spain cried out. "That can't be true!"

"You may not want to believe it, but it's true," the Chansey doctor said sadly.

"Will I ever be able to walk again?!" Barcelona exclaimed, desperately. "Or fight? Or do... anything?!"

The doctor thought about it.

"Well, we could give you prosthetic limbs..."

Spain and Barcelona brightened at this glimmer of hope.

"Sign me up!" Barcelona cried. "I'm all for it!"

The Chansey frowned again. "But... there's one problem with that."

"Oh..." groaned Spain and Barcelona, their hearts sinking.

"Vat is it?" Germany asked, curious.

The Chansey doctor turned towards Germany.

"We've spent so much money on other operations, we've grown too poor to afford prosthetic limbs of any kind," she explained sadly. "Until we get more money, Barcelona will just have to lie bedridden and be patient for a little while."

Germany hung his head. "Oh. Zat's too bad."

"You can't afford prothetics?" America asked.

The Chansey shook her head.

"Well... can you afford a wheelchair, then?"

"Unfortunately, no," the Chansey responded sadly. "The number of Pokémon who were hurt after the crumbling of the Federation building on 9/11, coupled with other disasters such as hurricanes, has left us with very little money to afford any form of prosthetics."

"Huh. I don't get it, though. Wheelchairs are usually pretty easy to afford."

"Not ours," explained the Chansey. "They usually cost $3,000."

"Und how much money do you hafe...?" Germany asked, tilting his head.

"Only $650."

"Zat's not a lot," Germany remarked.

"Yeah," America agreed. "I know Spain and Barcelona don't want to have to keep waiting to get prosthetics of some kind. If only we could set up some sort of charity fund for the hospital or something, so they can afford the prosthetic legs..."

Germany brightened as soon as he heard those words, an idea coming into his head. He jumped up happily, before turning towards America.

"Did you say 'charity fund'?!" he gasped in delight.

"Uh... yeah. I did," America responded, a bit confused. "Why?"

"Just you vait, Barcelona!" Germany reassured her, rushing out the door. "I can guarantee you zat you'll get zose proszetic limbs efentually~!"

The door slammed behind him. America, Canada, Spain, and Barcelona watched in slight confusion.

"What was that about?" America asked.

"I don't know," Canada responded. "I certainly hope that Barcelona will be okay, though. It's horrible that she and Spain had to go through all that."

America nodded. "Do you think we should leave them alone for a bit?"

"Yeah," Canada replied. "I think we should."

"Alright," said America. He turned to Spain and Barcelona, who still had a look of despair on their faces. "We're gonna leave you guys alone for a bit. I hope you'll be okay, Barcelona."

Barcelona smiled sadly. "So do I."

"You can go, America," Spain responded. "We pretty much need to be left alone."

"Alright, then," America said, turning to Canada. "Let's go, Canada. See you later, guys."

The two of them left in the direction they came, shutting the door behind them. Only Spain, Barcelona, and the Chansey were left in the hospital room. The minute they were gone, Barcelona once again dipped into the pool of despair.

"It's no use, Spain," she said. "The hospital doesn't have enough money to pay for prosthetics? What good'll that do?"

"Now, now, Barcelona, it's alright," Spain tried to reassure her. "Maybe they'll get some more money in the future, who knows? Until then, you just have to be patient, just like the doctor said."

"But I can't wait anymore! If I remain bedridden for a few months, I may just consider giving up right then and there!"

Spain smiled, trying to stay positive in the face of this tragedy.

"Barcelona, I've known you for years," he said. "You haven't given up, even in the darkest of times."

"So?"

"You shouldn't be giving up now."

Barcelona stopped short. Spain was right- she hadn't given up even in times when Spain was the one who was hurt. If America could rebuild the Federation after his terrorist attack, then she very well could try to remain brave in the face of her terrorist attack. Reluctantly, she put on a brave face, trying not to break down.

"I guess you're right, Spain," she said.

Spain smiled. "I know I'm right."

And Germany's plan won't be revealed until Part 3! But just so you know, it's a good one...

With that said, what did you think of this part of the chapter, and do you think Barcelona will ever recover from her terrorist attack? Please let me know in the comments section below. Until then, I'll see you next time with Part 3, in which Germany's plan is revealed and sent to America, Canada, and Spain. As the plan comes together, the nations also learn the horrifying truth about Spain's national anthem...

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  14. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Hello, fellow readers! This is Part 3 of Chapter 2 of PokeCountries: Fighting For Strength! In this part of the chapter, Germany reveals his plan to help the hospital and, ultimately, Barcelona. However, when they present their idea to Spain himself, things don't go as planned... What happens after that? Well, like always, you'll have to read to find out! With that said, here's Part 3 of "Fighting For Strength"! Enjoy!

Part 3, Chapter 2: Fighting For Strength​

Outside of the hospital room, Germany was excitedly bounding through the hallways towards the rest of the EU, excited to tell them about his plan. It was already forming in his mind, and he couldn't wait to put it in action. He knew that this would help the hospital, but more importantly, he knew that this would help Barcelona.

At that moment, he saw the rest of the EU members off in the distance, all looking extremely concerned. Excited, Germany ran up towards them.

"Hello~!" he cried happily. "You all need to hear zis! I just came up vis somesing zat vill help Spain und Barcelona big time!"

"What happened to her?" England asked, concerned. "We've been out here for a few minutes and we never got to hear what happened. How bad was the terrorist attack?"

"Pretty bad," Germany admitted sadly. "Bos of her legs vere cut off."

"What?!" gasped Austria.

"That sounds terrible," Turkey muttered sadly. "I would not want to be Barcelona right now."

"Has the hospital done anything about it yet?" England asked.

Germany shook his head. "Right now, zere's nosing zey can do."

"What do you mean, there's nothing they can do?" Turkey shot back. "There's gotta be! They're a hospital, for heaven's sake!"

"But zey're a fery poor hospital," Germany explained. "Zey don't hafe enough money to pay for proszetic limbs or efen a vheelchair."

"Oh." Turkey's face fell sadly. "Well, what are you going to do about it? Just sit there and mope?"

"Nein!" Germany exclaimed cheerfully, returning to his high spirits. "I hafe a huge plan to help ze hospital!"

"And that is?"

"Ve set up a charity fund und perform charity songs in Barcelona's honor, of course!"

"A charity fund?!" England snapped. "How in the world are we going to do that? We don't have nearly enough money ourselves to set up one of those things!"

"Ve don't need any money to set zis up, silly~!" Germany laughed. "Ve're going to raise it. If ve raise enough money for ze hospital, zen zey can hopefully afford enough money for proszetic limbs for Barcelona!"

England paused. "Well, that does sound intriguing..."

"But how are we going to get other nations to raise money to help the hospital?" asked a ethereal-sounding Drifloon who served as Greece's delegate.

"By putting up adfertisements und singing charity songs, of course!" Germany cried happily. "Eferyvon does zat during charity efents!"

"Alright then," England responded. "What charity songs are we going to sing?"

Germany stopped. He hadn't thought about that. Hastily, he searched his mind for a good charity song- one that would speak to both Spain and Barcelona on a personal level. Eventually, an answer came to him.

"Ooh! I know! How about ze Pokémon Vorld Federation's ansem?" he suggested.

Blank stares followed. The anthem of the Pokémon World Federation was a Japanese song that was too cheerful for a serious event of terrorism. England shook her head.

"Uh... no," she snapped. "Any other suggestions?"

"A Spanish version of 'We Are the World'?" suggested a Lapras sitting near England.

"Better, Scotland, but... I don't think that Barcelona knows that song," England replied.

"Okay, then... How about the Mexican anthem?"

England scoffed. "We're talking about Spain here, Scotland. Not Mexico."

"Vell, zen ve could do ze Spanish ansem..." Germany suggested.

"The Spanish anthem isn't a charity song."

"So?" Germany asked cheerfully. "It could be used as von! I heard zat ven Paris vas attacked, eferyvon sang ze national ansem of France. I can't remember vat it's called, zough. I don't speak French."

"'La Marseillaise,'" a Mime Jr.- the French delegate- answered for him.

"Zat's it! Sank you~!" Germany exclaimed. "So vat do you say, eferyvon? Is ze Spanish ansem good enough?"

"He does have a point, England," Greece told the Spoink, who was still a bit skeptical. "If we were to perform the Spanish national anthem, it certainly would resonate in the minds of Spain, Barcelona, and the donors. This is Barcelona we're trying to help, after all."

England thought about it for a few seconds.

"Fine, then," she relented. "We'll use the Spanish anthem. But how are we going to send the idea out to America and Canada?"

Germany giggled. "Ve'll tell zem at lunch, of course!"

"Are we going to tell Spain about it, too?"

"Of course ve are! If ve're going to sing his ansem, zen ve probably should get his opinion on how our Spanish sounds~!"

"What about Barcelona?"

"Ve von't tell Barcelona. Ve're going to try und surprise her."

"Alright then," England responded with a nod. "What should we do until lunch starts?"

Germany smiled. "Go to ze lunchroom, look up ze ansem, und practice our Spanish~! Unless, of course, you already know Spanish."

"That sounds like a good idea to me!" Turkey cried happily. "To the lunchroom!"

With that, the group of inspired and excited EU nations all ran out to the lunchroom, happy to be supporting Spain and Barcelona with this new plan for a charity fund. Germany, of course, was more happy and excited than any of them. Eventually, the EU members entered the lunchroom and got to work, looking up the national anthem of Spain online and trying to learn the lyrics.

And thus, they practiced for thirty minutes straight:

#¡Viva España! alzad los brazos, hijos del pueblo español, que vuelve a resurgir...#

The group of EU nations had been learning the lyrics to Spain's national anthem for about 35 straight minutes, trying to pronounce the Spanish words in as accurate an accent as possible to impress Spain. Germany, of course, being Germany, failed miserably at this; his accent led to the word viva being said as fifa (to which England retorted, "Why are you talking about the World Cup?"). Regardless, they kept at it, and just as they had reached the fifth round of Gloria la Patria-

RING!

The lunch bell rang. Germany and the other EU nations immediately closed their computers and rushed to their tables excitedly, hoping that when America, Canada, and Spain arrived, they'd notice that nothing was amiss. Eventually, America and Canada arrived for lunch, with Spain right behind them. Seeing them enter, Germany waved at them from his table.

"Hello, America~!" he cried happily. "Vould you und Spain und Canada like to sit vis us for lunch~?"

America laughed, amused by Germany as always.

"Sure," he said. "Let's go, Canada."

The three of them sat down at Germany's table, thinking nothing of it, and the minute they did, Germany immediately expressed his concern towards the situation at hand.

"How's Barcelona? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, how is she?" America asked Spain. "We didn't get to see you talk to Barcelona after we decided you needed to be left alone. Is she doing alright?"

Spain looked down sadly. "Unfortunately, no. She was bedridden the entire time you were gone. She promised to stay strong in the midst of the tragedy, but..." He hesitated. "I don't know if she's going to."

"That's horrible!" Canada gasped. "Oh, I hope she gets better soon... Who knows what'll happen if the hospital doesn't get any money to help them get the prosthetics Barcelona needs?"

While he certainly felt bad for Barcelona, at that moment, Germany saw his chance to let America, Canada, and Spain know about his plan. He giggled somewhat diabolically, and all eyes turned toward him.

"Oh, zey're going to get ze money..." he laughed.

"What do you mean?" asked America.

"Don't you get it? Ven you mentioned ze idea of a charity fund to help ze hospital, zat gafe me an idea~! I rallied all ze nations in ze EU to help me vis it."

"So what's the plan?"

"Ve decided to start our own charity fund und sing ze Spanish national ansem as ze charity song~!" Germany exclaimed happily.

At the moment he heard the words "Spanish national anthem," Spain stopped dead. Normally, the idea of singing one's national anthem would make a nation feel a strong sense of patriotism- but not Spain. Every time he heard the words to his national anthem sung out loud, his blood would run cold. He knew what had happened the last time the words to his anthem were sung, and he did not want it to happen again. While Spain's discomfort was evident, America and Canada took no notice, and smiled when they heard Germany's plan.

"That's really thoughtful of you, Germany," America remarked happily. "I bet Barcelona's going to love it!"

"I know~!" Germany agreed. "Ve'fe been practicing our Spanish for ze past sirty-fife minutes now, und I sink we sound pretty good! Vould you like to hear ze ansem?"

Spain practically shook. This was worse than he could have imagined. He was going to have to hear the words of anti-patriotism thrown right back in his face. America and Canada still didn't notice Spain, and nodded their heads in agreement.

"Sure!" America replied.

"We'd love to hear it!" Canada agreed.

"Alright, zen!" Germany cried happily, taking out his computer. "Enjoy!"

With that, he cleared his throat and began:

#¡Fifa España! alzad los brazos, hijos del pueblo español, que fuelfe a resurgir...#

His German accent was still very noticeable, but Germany put every ounce of heart into his performance. America and Canada looked very impressed, and seemed to be enjoying it very much.

Spain, on the other hand, was horrified. It wasn't because of the German accent, however. He hated hearing his anthem sung. It brought back horrible memories- memories that he did not want to have to experience again. As Germany kept singing, Spain's fear and anger kept growing. Then, finally, as Germany was reaching the third stanza...

"STOP!" Spain suddenly exploded. "WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST STOP SINGING?!"

His sudden outburst caught the attention of everyone in the room, most notably America, Canada, and Germany. All eyes were focused on him, and an air of confusion carried itself throughout the room. America tilted his head and turned to Spain, who was now trembling in fear.

"What in the world did you do that for?" America asked, confused. "I thought you would enjoy hearing your anthem sung out loud. Besides, didn't you hear Germany singing? That was really good."

Spain sighed and stopped trembling. He had calmed down.

"Well... now you know I don't," he said.

Canada blinked.

"But... vy not?" Germany asked.

Spain stood up and began to walk away from the table sadly. When he spoke next, it was barely above a whisper, yet still loud enough to be heard.

"You may not believe this, but... I hate my own anthem," he said. "I know it sounds silly, but I just do. You see, the last time that anthem was sung..." He hesitated, and then admitted:

"It was during the war."

America, Canada, Germany and all the EU nations gasped.

"Back then, the delegate of Spain was a Bisharp," Spain continued, "and he ruled over his forces and cities with an iron fist. He was a dictator, and he would stop at nothing to make sure the Spanish forces were in his favor. Every day, the forces would sing the Spanish national anthem, and it drove fear into the hearts and minds of Spaniards throughout the Federation."

Germany looked down sadly. He hadn't even considered that this was how Spain felt about his own anthem.

"After a while, the lyrics to the anthem were forbidden to be sung by Spanish delegates who followed the Bisharp," Spain explained. "Today, the Spanish anthem is an instrumental."

He turned towards the rest of the nations, a look of anger and hatred on his face which momentarily surprised Germany.

"The use of the anthem by that horrible dictator is why I hate it!" Spain cried out. "It says nothing except for the fact that Spain rules above all! And that is not a philosophy that Barcelona should live by! I don't want to see her give up all hope and turn into a dictator in the future, do you?!"

Germany was at a loss for words. Never in his whole life would he have expected a story like this. He was starting to feel a twinge of regret for even suggesting to perform the anthem to Barcelona and Spain. He didn't want Barcelona to be corrupted by finding out the truth and losing so much hope that she succumbed to dictatorship. Yet at the same time, he wondered why Spain would even think that would happen to her in the first place. Right as he was about to say something to Spain, the Scraggy teared up and began to run out of the lunchroom. Desperate, Germany tried to run after him.

"Spain! Vait up!" Germany cried. "I'm sorry! I didn't know zat zis vas how you felt!"

"'Sorry' won't cut it this time, Germany!" Spain sobbed angrily, whirling around to face Germany and momentarily starting the poor Caterpie. "You've traumatized me for the rest of the day! I never want to hear that anthem for as long as I live!"

He slammed the door behind him. Germany was left standing there, looking down sadly as America, Canada, and the other EU nations gathered around him. All were just as despondent as Germany was by this failure to appeal to Spain.

"Well... I guess that anthem's out of the question, then," England muttered sadly, before bouncing away.

"What have we done, Allemagne?!" France sobbed. "Spain's devastated!"

Germany sighed.

"I know," he muttered sadly.

"I guess we're out of options, then," Greece sighed, defeated.

"Vat? No, you can't say zat!" Germany pleaded, running towards him. "Ve'fe got to play somesing!"

"Just forget it, Germany," Austria sighed, walking away from him. "The only thing we have left to play now... is an instrumental."

With that, all the other EU nations sadly left the cafeteria, leaving only Germany, America, and Canada standing there. All of them had extremely saddened looks on their faces, and all looked just about near the point of giving up. America shook his head sadly.

"I can't believe they all gave up just like that," he muttered. "Like Barcelona."

"Yeah..." Canada agreed sadly. "What can we do now, America?"

The normally determined Grotle sighed.

"Nothing else, I guess," he muttered, slowly making his way out of the lunchroom.

Germany watched in shock. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Here was America, the most determined nation he knew, his best friend... about to give up. He wasn't going to stand for this. He crawled towards America, a determined expression on his face.

"Nein," he said.

America turned back.

"Vat are you doing, gifing up like zis?" Germany asked, his voice and tone now back to pleading. "You're America! You're ze brafest nation I know!"

America blinked, surprised by Germany's sudden stand.

"You recofered from 9-elefen, und zat vas von of ze vorst tragedies you could hafe efer gone srough! Und beliefe me, America, if you can get srough zat, zen you can get srough zis. I know you, America. Zis isn't who you are. Ve may hafe failed now, but zat doesn't mean zat ve can't inspire Barcelona in some vay! If she can fight srough not hafing proszetic limbs for a little vhile... vell, you get ze picture, don't you, America?"

America stopped and slowly began to realize that Germany was right. He was America, by far the most determined nation in the entire PWF. He was their leader, and being a leader, he couldn't give up in the face of this failure. Canada and Germany were remaining optimistic, after all, and all the other EU nations had given up- but they shouldn't have. This failure could be fought through, like anything else. Now realizing the full value of Germany's words, America regained his determination, and nodded.

"Yeah," he said. "I do. Come on, Germany. Let's go talk to Spain and find out what we can do to help Barcelona."

Germany brightened.

"America~!"

Happily, the Caterpie jumped onto America's back, before the latter turned towards Canada.

"And then..." Canada began.

America nodded. "We go get those EU nations back from despair."

And yes, before you ask, every single fact regarding Spain's national anthem is true.

With that, Part 3 is complete! With all the EU nations now on the brink of despair, and Spain traumatized, what will America, Canada, and Germany do to save them? Find out in Part 4! In the meantime, what did you think of this part of the chapter? Let me know in the comments! I'll see you next time with Part 4, in which new information is discovered regarding Spain's national anthem that could finally be the answer as to how to help Barcelona...

#54 Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  15. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    For the record, the anthem of the Pokémon World Federation? Ironically enough, it's Marukaite Chikyuu. Yep- the Japanese ending of Hetalia!

16. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Scotland is a...a Lapras?! That's amazing!
    Spain's story was kind of heartbreaking. It gets you to realize that some people hate things because of how they've been imprinted upon them. It's kind of an eye-opener.
    #MissingNo

17. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Yeah. Scotland's a Lapras. :) You shouldn't really be that surprised, though, because the Loch Ness Monster exists.

And I completely agree with you about Spain's story. Poor Spain... and Barcelona... Doesn't help that the entire chapter spawns from a real life event (the terrorist attacks in Barcelona). :(

18. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    Today is 9/11. Let us have a few moments of silence to honor the victims who lost their lives.

That's all I'm going to say. And that's really all that needs to be said.

Part 4, Chapter 2: Fighting For Strength
    A few seconds later, Germany, America, and Canada were standing outside the door to the hospital room, waiting for Spain to come out. They had heard him consoling Barcelona shortly after they went into the hallway to check on him after his outburst, and were evidently concerned for him. Still, they knew they had to think of something they could do to help Barcelona, now that the prospect of singing the Spanish anthem was out of the question.

Finally, the door opened, and Spain entered the hallway. Germany, who had been the most concerned for Barcelona and Spain, was the first one to speak.

"Spain?" he asked, approaching him. "Are you okay?"

The Scraggy, however, didn't say anything. Rather, he instead sighed and coldly walked away, clearly still hurt after having heard his own national anthem be sung to his face- an anthem he hated, no less. Germany started to get more concerned, and followed him.

"Ve vanted to know if zere vas anysing else ve could do to help Barcelona und ze hospital," he explained.

There was a pause. Spain stopped and then turned to face Germany, a look of slight confusion on his face.

"Well, there is," he said.

Germany brightened instantly.

"Really?! Vat is it?"

Spain sighed again. His sour mood apparently hadn't left him.

"Just try to pick another song that is not my national anthem," he snapped. "That song is an instrumental for a reason."

"Okay, zen..." Germany muttered, a bit intimidated. He turned to the other two. "Any ideas?"

Canada thought about it, then suddenly came up with something.

"D-do you think that 'Ode to Joy' will work?" he asked. "That's the anthem of the EU."

"I sink zat's an instrumental, too, Canada," Germany responded. "Ve can't sing an instrumental."

"We could play it, though," America suggested. "Maybe we could get all the EU members to form a band or something..."

Canada shook his head. "Sorry, America, but... I don't think any of us know how to play instruments... Or even be part of a band. That's a good idea, I just don't think it'll work."

"Good point," America said.

"Vell, zen, vat ozer ideas can ve do?" Germany asked.

There was a pause. Obviously, there weren't that many ideas running through America and Canada's heads. Spain, being the impatient one that he was, facepalmed.

"You mean you can't think of anything else?!" he groaned.

"Come on, America~! I'm sure you can think of something!" Germany exclaimed cheerfully. "Do it for Barcelona!"

The Grotle was still thinking about it. Somewhat absentmindedly, Germany turned away and began singing his national anthem to himself:

#Deutschland, Deutschland, Freunde mit alles
    #Freunde mit alles in der Welt
    #Wenn es stets zu-#

"Wait a minute," America suddenly broke in, struck by an idea. "That's it! Germany, you're a genius!"

Germany stopped short.

"I am?" he asked, turning to America.

"You bet! If I'm right, wasn't that lyric originally 'über alles'?"

Germany nodded. "Ja. Und I changed it because zat line vas used by Nazi Germany. Vat does zat hafe to do vis Barcelona, zough?"

"Don't you get it?" America asked, running up to Germany. "If the lyrics to the German national anthem were changed..."

"Zen maybe zat means zat ze lyrics to Spain's vere changed, too!" Germany finished, catching on.

"Exactly!" America replied. "That's what we'll do. We won't perform the old lyrics to Spain's national anthem- we'll perform new lyrics if there are any! What do you think of that idea, Spain?"

Spain smiled. "I like the sound of that! This way I won't have to hear those horrible lyrics from the reign of that dictator again!"

"Alright, then!" America cried. "To the cafeteria!"

"Um... America?" Canada asked.

"What?"

Canada pointed across the hall. "The lunchroom's right over there."

"I know," America responded. "Now let's get going. I'm pretty sure those laptop computers are still in there."

With that, the group ran off, and within seconds, the four of them were in the lunchroom once again. Sure enough, the computers that the EU had taken with them were still in the cafeteria- and still open, with the lyrics to the Spanish national anthem staring back at them. The four of them immediately got onto computers and began looking at the lyrics, in hopes that they would eventually find something. However, all the lyrics that they found were old lyrics that were probably outdated. Spain sighed in frustration.

"Seriously?!" he groaned. "They have nothing on here? That won't do any good! How in the world are we supposed to help the hospital if we can't find new lyrics to my anthem?!"

"I'm honestly not sure, Spain," America responded, "but I'm pretty sure they've got to be-"

He stopped.

At that moment, America had noticed something on his laptop: a section saying PROPOSED LYRICS. Intrigued, he clicked on it- and found a slew of new lyrics to the Spanish national anthem. They ran thus:

#¡Viva España! Cantemos todos juntos con distinta voz y un solo corazón
    #¡Viva España! Desde los verdes valles al inmenso mar, un himno de hermandad
    #Ama a la Patria pues sabe abrazar, bajo su cielo azul, pueblos en libertad
    #Gloria a los hijos que a la Historia dan justicia y grandeza democracia y paz#

It was a short anthem, but that didn't matter- America was elated.

"Everyone! You need to come and look at this!"

Hearing America calling them, Canada, Germany and Spain rushed forward to see what he had found, if anything.

"Did you find anything?" Canada asked.

America grinned broadly. "I certainly did."

"Vat is it?!" Germany cried excitedly. "Vat did you find?"

"Proposed lyrics to the Spanish national anthem," America responded. "These aren't the official lyrics, but I'm pretty sure that we can perform this for a charity session. Spain, does Barcelona know that these lyrics exist?"

Spain nodded.

"Good," America replied.

"Zis is incredible!" Germany exclaimed happily. "Now zat ve hafe lyrics zat ve can actually sing, zat means ve can finally perform ze charity fund!"

"Only if Spain agrees," America added. "He was the deciding factor beforehand, after all. Spain?"

He turned to the Scraggy, waiting patiently for an answer. Germany and Canada stood there, holding their breath...

Spain smiled and then nodded.

"You'll do it?!" Germany cried, instantly brightening.

"Of course," Spain responded. "If you were to perform these proposed lyrics as a charity for the hospital and Barcelona, I'm almost certain that she'd appreciate the effort. For my part, I'd also like to join in on the performance."

"YES!" Canada cried happily. "Thank you so much!"

Spain smiled. "You're welcome. Of course, Barcelona needs to not know a thing about this. We're going to need to surprise her."

"Und vat about all zose EU nations zat left us in despair?" Germany asked nervously. "How are ve going to get zem back on our side?"

"Simple," America responded. "We'll put up posters across the hallways, and while Barcelona is sleeping tonight, we'll get everything ready. When Barcelona wakes up tomorrow, she'll be in for the surprise of her life."

"Sounds good to me," Spain responded. "Who else is in agreement?"

"I am!" Canada cried, raising his claw.

"I am!" Germany exclaimed, jumping up into the air.

America smiled.

"Alright then," he said, determination evident on his face. "Let's go put up those posters, sing that anthem, and set up that charity fund."

If this one seems a bit shorter than most, that's because the climax is going to be saved for the final part, Part 5. In it, the Spanish anthem is finally performed for Barcelona. The question is, will it be enough to get her the prosthetics she needs?

19. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    I'm sorry if the font looks different halfway through. It was copied and pasted from a document, and it kept the font it had in the document.

20. oghond

oghond Black Belt

Germany
    (Butterfree)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽633.8
    ...Well, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here, hasn’t it?

I come back to this forum with several updates regarding the series.

1: First and foremost, the rest of “Fighting For Strength” has been canceled, largely due to the fact that it has been a LONG time since the terrorist attacks in Barcelona. The title, however, will still be used for a PokeCountries chapter later on, it’ll just have a completely different plot. Regard the original “Fighting For Strength” as a substory.

2: The new second chapter is entitled “The Delegate No One Likes,” and will revolve around one of my favorite countries... Sri Lanka, a country that nobody remembers largely because it is in India’s shadow. It will be followed by a chapter titled “Revolution” and another titled “Brexit.” (Guess what that one’s about.)

3: My own fanart will be coming soon! Look out for it!

4: Yes, ISIS will appear in canon soon.

5: And, in case you want to know how it ends... they sing the anthem, money is raised, and Barcelona gets prosthetics. Happy ending for all.

By the way, if you want to know which Pokémon Sri Lanka is going to be... he’ll be a Teddiursa.

Look out for the NEW Chapter 2 of PokeCountries, coming soon!