1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon HOME: What to Know

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Jan 28, 2020.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Pokémon HOME will be coming out next month, and we've finally got some detailed information about it which can be found on the Pokémon website here. For those who don't feel like checking out the official website, I'll try to summarize everything here.
    Premium Plan/Pricing Information
    Good news and bad news. HOME's service is available for free by default with the option for Premium. Unfortunately the free version is a heavily stripped-down version that's missing several features severely limits the app's practicality. I'll go into detail further down, but for now I will give a brief rundown of the differences.

Free Version: You can not move Pokémon from Pokémon Bank (this will be available the first month after HOME's release, however), you can only store up to 30 Pokémon at a time, you can place up to 3 Pokémon in the Wonder Box at a time, you can place 1 Pokémon on the GTS at a time, you can participate in Room Trade but not host, you can not use the Judge function.

Premium Version: You can move Pokémon from Pokémon Bank, you can store up to 6,000 Pokémon at a time, you can place up to 10 Pokémon in the Wonder Box at a time, you can place up to 3 Pokémon on the GTS at a time, you can both participate and host in Room Trade, you can use the Judge Function.

HOME's premium plan is a bit more expensive that Bank was and offers three payment plans.
    $2.99 for 30 days
    $4.99 for 90 days
    $15.99 for 365 days

Mobile vs. Switch
    There are going to be two versions of HOME, one for mobile devises and one for the Switch, and these two different versions will have different features available from each other. The Switch version is focused on connectivity with the games and allows you to transfer Pokémon in and out of Sword/Shield as well as one way transfers out of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. The mobile version is focused more on connectivity with other players and features several different trading options which I will go into detail about further down. Fortunately you can use both versions of the app by connecting them to your Nintendo Account, so you don't have to worry about having to pay for them separately or anything like that.

Connect with Pokémon Sword & Shield, and Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee (Switch exclusive)
    You can send Pokémon from Sword, Shield, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee back and forth into Pokémon HOME. However, once a Pokémon has been transferred into Sword or Shield, it will no longer be available to transfer back into Let's Go.

Connect with Pokémon Bank (Premium Exclusive after the first month of release)
    Pokémon can be transferred from Pokémon Bank into Pokémon HOME, though it is a one-way trip.

Connect with Pokémon GO (Available after release)
    Pokémon can be transferred from Pokémon GO into Pokémon HOME. It's only one-way like with Bank and this feature will not be available at first. No word on when it will be available, however.

Wonder Box (Mobile only)
    The Wonder Box works like Wonder Trading and Surprise Trading the Gen VII and current games, respectively. There is a difference, though. Instead of only being able to send one Pokémon at a time, you can can send 3 (free version)/10 (premium version) at a time.

GTS (Mobile only)
    The Global Trade Station is back and it looks like it's been relatively unchanged. One new feature is that premium members can now put up to three Pokémon up for trade at once.

Room Trade (Mobile only)
    This is a new feature that let's you join or create a room of up to 20 people and trade Pokémon with them. You won't know what Pokémon you get in the trades until they're complete, however. You can join a room in the free version but you have to have premium in order to host a room.

Friend Trade
    This feature lets you trade Pokémon with other players that you register as friends within HOME. It doesn't look like they've revealed anything about how adding friends works yet, but it will likely work by exchanging friend codes like in Nintendo's other online features. If so, then I will likely create a thread where we can share our friend codes once HOME comes out.

National Pokédex
    The National Pokédex is back and it looks like it works pretty much the same as in Bank. You can check the Pokédex entries from multiple games and it includes both Mega and Gigantamax forms. The mobile version also let's you check what Abilities and Moves each Pokémon can learn.

Mystery Gifts (Mobile only)
    Mystery gifts will be sent out through the mobile version. Some of these can be redeemed directly to HOME, while others will be codes that you can redeem in Sword or Shield.

Judge Pokémon (Premium only)
    They don't have much information about this one on the website other than it "allows you to check how strong your Pokémon are". My guess is that you can check your Pokémon's IVs and possibly EVs, in addition to the regular information you can check.

Your Room (Mobile only)
    You can check out news on games and events from here, as well as being able to use stickers to customize your profile and take on Challenges of some sort.

Battle Data (Mobile only, available after release)
    This let's you check information about Ranked Battles and Online Competitions in Sword and Shield. You can also check Pokémon ranking as what moves are popular for specific Pokémon in competitions. This feature will not be available when HOME comes out but no information is currently available on when it will be added.

Pokémon HOME Points (Switch only)
    You can gain these points by storing Pokémon in HOME, which can be exchanged for Battle Points in Sword and Shield.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SyWry and Wizard like this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm extremely disappointed they choose to split the feature for HOME in this manner, I can't even use half the features because of this honestly very poor choice in my opinion. Mobile should be a bonus only, not be exclusive to what's a pretty big part of Pokémon, trading specifically the GTS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    RadEmpoleon likes this.
  3. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    Though I do not use the trading feature in the Pokémon games, I think they should have that feature in both the mobile version of the game and the switch version. I really do not see the purpose of having a feature in one version of the same game and not in another. (I am not a programmer but they did the work for one version maybe it should not be that hard to compare notes or something)