1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ShadowJCreed, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    Well it does sound like an interesting thing to do Zayn is a Poocheyna so when he evolves into a Mightyena he’ll probably have to adjust because then he be taller and have to adjust to his new strength.

Everyone else has two more evolutionary stages after that a middle stage that is slightly more powerful then their first stage and lastly a final stage where they change drastically in height, weight, and of course new strength that’ll be hard to adjust for at first. Like if Peggy evolved into a Swaddlon and then evolved into a Levanny she’d have to adjust for both stages. So maybe we could use that idea.

If guys remember they did something similar to that in the anime when Ash’s Turtwig evolved into a Grotle it had a hard time adjusting to its new weight because when it was a Turtwig it replied a lot on its speed but when it evolved because of that weight it got slower.

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I remembered that from the anime. I do believe that when they evolve, if it’s in a high stakes situation, their natural instincts would come into play because the power of friendship to something cheesy like that. Then, they would be able to fight in their forms without falling over with their new found ergonomics and weight. However, after their adrenaline is gone from their high stakes battle with their new form, they then realize how hard it is to even perform basic functions in their new form. This will then start the training of mastering their final evolution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Yeah they did that a couple times like when Ash’s Chikorita evolved into Bayleaf when it defeated Team Rocket after it evolved everything was fine, but the next episode Bayleaf had a lot of trouble adjusting to her new weight especially because she kept tackling Ash when she was Chikorita then when she tried to tackle him as Bayleaf he didn’t like that because she was a lot heavier and took awhile for both of them to adjust to that.

4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I was thinking she would gain a bit of confidence every time she evolves, but still remain as an introvert. Similar to May’s Torchic in the anime.

Also, I think Aeterna should bump into Bigjaw when making her entrance, and maybe that would stop him from attacking whoever he was trying to attack. The maybe Aeterna will give him the nickname?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Yeah, that's better then him getting the nickname after he bites an Arbok's tail off............................................... What? They grow back...

Also, would Bigjaw and Aeterna walk their together after they met? I was also thinking maybe Bigjaw could give her a nickname too since she notices how timid she is. Something kinda simple since his name is Bigjaw, maybe Aetey. Just something to show her that they are now friends and she can comfortable around him (Also, that he won't use his chompers on her)

#65 Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  6. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Sure, I’m fine with that.

7. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Wow this so far sounds like a great collaboration with all the details we’ve come up with. I can’t wait to get this thing started. Does anyone else have any questions like little details you think we should talk about?

However since we’ve already brought up Z-Crystals I’ll talk about Mega Evolution. They included Mega Evolution in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeons however if you Mega Evolved to cause it to stop you’d be afflicted by a status called rampage and I hated that. So since Aeterna and Blake are the only ones capable of Mega Evolving when they reach they’re final evolutionary stage. The Guildmaster who’s name I won’t reveal yet will give both of them a Mega Band and Mega Stone and the way to revert them back to normal is to finish the Dungeon (also you can only Mega evolve in the Dungeons sort of like how in the main series games you can only Mega evolve in a battle.) So there will be no negative things happen to you when you use them.

8. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Does I still gets to has mah watta Z-crystal with da chain?

9. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Yes but remember it isn’t recognized as a Z-Crystal until later in the story.

10. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Don't worry. I remember.

11. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Well, now that you've mentioned it, there are some problems that I have in my mind. But in all honesty, they aren't any real issues. Just some personal things that I can sort out.

12. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    [​IMG]I know it's not the best but I wanted to make a doodle of the gang together. I tried my best to incorporate the items. I am well aware some of these aren't great. Out of all these guys I only drew totodile but it's not even my best totodile (it came out okay in my opinion)

13. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    That looks awesome!

Another dumb question: Will wild Pokémon be recruitable like in the games or not because it’s a pain to RP?

14. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    No wild Pokémon won’t be recruitable, but our mission contacts will be. However we also won’t have any personal relationships or interactions with them after their recruited because they’ll be doing other guild business.

As for the drawing I think it’s awesome you even included our accessories and it looks like Aeterna is looking a little nervous next to Bigjaw which looks pretty funny.

15. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Okay concerning Boss Battles how do you think we should do that? Should we battle them with like an actual battle or should we encounter them and then skip to the cutscene afterwards? I also should ask the same about regular Dungeons should we talk about the battles we “did” during the Dungeon or should we just talk amongst each other during the dungeon until we eventually reach the end?

16. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Actual battles man. They are great ways to show off a character in battle. Zayn could act like a more intelligent feral dog or even a wolf in battle. Being a fighter who gives it his all but is still on the side of being a good fighter. Bigjaw is technically the biggest f the group. I checked the height. So, he'd be a bit of a brute. Showing how he fights would only bring to attention how rash he is in general since he'd just rush into battle like Rambo. These show how characters adapt to battling, separating them into categories like the brute, the all around, the speedy, tricky, and intelligent

17. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    So you think we should do that with both Boss battles and going through the stages in dungeon while trying to find the stairs?

18. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Boss battles, yes. Normal battles.... could be either way. Normie battles should be for training with new forms or if two characters are lost and end bond or something.

19. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Well I completely agree with you on the Boss battle thing. The normal battling could have some moments where they battle, but other moments they could do some other stuff. Like I have a plan that during one mission two of the members of the team will abducted by a mysterious Pokémon who made a fake contract to ambush them and it will be the job of the remaining three to go find and rescue them from this mysterious stranger.

20. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Which ones would be abducted?