1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction Pokémon: Red

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Jacoman52, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The original Pokémon journey like never experienced before. In 1998, a kid from Earth takes his first steps into the Pokémon World. There, as he rises to the challenge of the Indigo Plateau, he must unravel the mystery behind an ancient civilization uniting the multiverse and confront a sinister organization whose tampering with time and space threatens the very fabric of reality. Originally published on Fanfiction.net.

Pokémon: Red

Prologue: The Path to Honshū

Earth, United States of America, Universe Prime, 1998

Gzl;a gjadvao;djk; !

I smacked the keyboard with my fists, and my command prompt window sputtered gibberish in protest. I was about to slap this computer into next week.

Eighteen hours creeping down the dark backwoods of the Internet, and nobody—I mean nobody—had heard of 008-03-607.

All of this started three weeks ago, when my best friend Brent found a flat, origami swallow wedged in his binder at school. When he unfolded it, the paper showed a pencil-drawn picture of a butterfly.

If Brent were any ordinary kid, he would have thought maybe some girl was trying to flirt with him. He had a lot of that problem, and I had exactly none of it.

But Brent noticed two things about the picture. First, it was way too good to have been drawn by a kid. We're talking professional insect-sketching—if there was such a thing. Second, on the butterfly's right wing was a symbol of three interlocking circles, half-covered with spikes. He had seen it before. So had I.

"Jason. You need to come over. Now," Brent called me after he got home that day, "I got some kind of crypto-picture from them."

"What? How?" I asked. I had just popped open some frozen bagel bites, and wasn't too keen on letting them go to waste.

"They must've slipped it into my backpack. It's got their symbol, and I think there's a message in it."

I looked forlornly at my bagel bites rotating in the warm yellow glow of the microwave. How did Suite 3 get into our school? One of the teachers? A janitor? Maybe a kid's parent worked for them and told their kid to slip Brent the note.

"Give me food?" I sighed.

"I bring offerings of beef jerky and those little mini Hot Pockets."

"Regular, or those weird breakfast ones?"

"Both. Blended together into the greatest monstrosity you've ever—"

"See you in fifteen."

Our 90s weren't like most kids' 90s. I had a colorful history with, shall we say, off-the-radar organizations? Yeah, off-the-radar is good. Apparently genius kids with a knack for codes and pattern analysis were a commodity for some shady groups even back when the internet was just starting to get big.

When I was nine, I was lucky—blessed, really—to stumble across some of the good guys. Suite 3, the team with the spiky rings? They were not the good guys.

My parents didn't know my secret, and maybe never would. Brent had found out a year later, and for the last six months he had been helping me with a project called Avalon, which—well, I'll get to that later.

Anyway, sometimes things like this got dropped into our laps. It was better, safer, not to ignore them.

"Got it!" Brent said after five hours of combing through websites showing every kind of moth and butterfly you can imagine. I scarfed down a last bite of cheesy, tomato-y goodness and hopped over to peer over Brent's shoulder.

"It's a Great Purple Emperor butterfly," he said "They live in Asia."

The website showed dozens of photos of the butterfly—black-tipped wings, daisy yellow spots, and a beautiful, plum and navy sheen.

"Click on that one," I said.

When Brent zoomed in, it was a photo of the same butterfly that was in the drawing. I mean the exact same one. The only difference was, it was missing the three ring symbol. And a few dots, too. The picture had a watermark with a picture of a wheat stalk and the letters FAO.

"FAO?" I asked.

With a few keystrokes, Brent pulled up a page.

"Food and Agriculture Organization. United Nations."

"What is the UN doing with Suite Number 3?"

"They're probably not. SN-3 could have hacked the image to remove those pixels."

"Or someone else could have. Who took the picture?"

More typing.

"Doesn't say. I mean, there is, like, zero trail. Somebody doesn't want to be found."

"Or at least somebody doesn't want to be found easily."

But we did find him. Sort of. After three days of poking around sketchy forums, I got a message from an untraceable private server:

I hear you've been dieing to catch some insects. These are some of my favorites.

—The Entomologist

Entomologist. A bug scientist. Cute. Attached were three more pictures of insects: a preying mantis, a beetle, and a moth.

What. The. Heck. And how do you misspell "dying"? Either these people were geniuses in cryptology but didn't pass their spelling tests, or . . . or was the misspelling part of another code?

I could basically write a whole book on what it took to figure everything out—this guy was good—, but I'll give you the Reader's Digest version.

Brent guessed that the numbers for the missing pixels on the first butterfly photo were part of a code-breaking cipher. There was also a paper re-published by the FAO on the same day that Brent got the picture. The paper, weirdly enough, was about "aquatic insects of the Sukomo River" near a city in Japan called Hakone, which was odd because the paper had been written seven years ago. When you looked into the paper's source code, there was a place to use the butterfly photo's cipher.

We cracked the code, and almost all the numbers adjusted to become map coordinates for cities in Japan: Yokohama, Taeyama, Sakura, Tsuchiura, and a few others.

One city showed up twice: Machida—the same town the "aquatic insects" paper was published in. We figured that was important.

Another place that didn't appear on the pixel code was Fujiyoshida, a plateau town near Mt. Fuji—swanky lakeside hotels, nice views, that sort of thing. Its location was hidden in a code in the Sukomo River article itself. We added the town to our growing list of clues.

That's when things started getting a little nuts. I started getting anonymous inbox messages. Some were warnings, and some were from people trying to find out who we were.

What you're doing is dangerous, said one email, Entomology has consequences. I told him that.

Somebody else apparently thought I was part of their secret society or whatever, because they sent me a message that made absolutely no sense, but it was obviously addressed to someone who could understand it:

Confirmed. September 1, 1923, Oshima, result of sub-spatial tampering. Now facing WK event?

Oshima was an island off Japan's main island, and one of the locations on the list. When I tried to bluff a response to find out what a WK event was, I didn't get a reply.

I eventually found the original preying mantis picture online. Shortly after that, Brent found the beetle and the moth. We used the pixel code on any changes between the real pictures and the Entomologist's pictures, and we came up with a string of numbers. These numbers weren't map coordinates; they turned out to be a complicated mathematical code that took two weeks for me to solve. It coughed up a single number sequence: 008-03-607.

So here I was, three days and six boxes of bagel bites later, trying to figure out what the heck that meant. We had tried everything: product serial numbers; network connections; museum archives; talking to hacker groups. We even searched through some old vacuum cleaner sales records. I shut my computer down and tried to let my brain take a break. Sometimes that helped me figure out a problem faster.

The next day, it hit me. My class was on our weekly trip to the school library, and I was browsing through the Animorphs stories—most of which I'd already read—when I started thinking: books.

Chapter books? No, that would be silly. Science books on insects?

I looked down at the book in my hand. The Solution, the newest in the series.

That was it.

That afternoon, I practically kicked down Brent's front door. "How many of those towns in Japan have colleges in them?"

"Uh, do you knock?"

"Hurry up! I think I figured it out!"

"Okay, dad. Hold your friggin hors— Well, a lot of them do."

"Can we look up the books and other stuff they put out?"

"I can hack their libraries' electronic catalogs, yeah."

That's how we found 008-03. It was the volume and issue number of a big-time journal.

The final clue was in the Entomologist's message: the way he had spelled "dying" wrong.

It turns out, there was a Journal of Differential and Integral Equations (DIE), and a short paper in Volume 8, Issue 3 was written by someone at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. It was a paper published three years ago, and it started on page 607.

"Nailed it," said Brent, "And, whoa. This is not about bugs."

I leaned in closer. "Oh, great. It's a bunch of math."

"Not just any math," Brent popped a couple mini Hot Pockets in his mouth, "Differential and Integral Equations."

Differential and Integral Equations, indeed. So whoever these people were, they liked calculus and things with six legs. Criminal masterminds if I'd ever known them.

Later that day, we found more Japanese colleges that might be involved by connecting the dots between professors who knew each other. Two went to high school together. Some had worked on the same research projects.

Even better, some of the papers that those professors had written held the missing designs from the emperor butterfly within their the pages. Anyone not looking for them would think they were coffee splashes or problems with the copier machine.

We found ten papers with the designs: papers on gene mutations, alternate universes, all kinds of stuff. Some of the numbers in the papers looked like they might connect to the cipher, but there was no way of knowing what order they went in.

The guy who seemed like he was at the center of it all was also the one whose paper had the dots that represented Mashido. Someone named "Satoshi T." who had written this weird article on how some universes might be more imaginary than others.

I hacked in and found his AOL username, and I sent him a simple instant message:

008-03-607. I'm a fan of entomology, DNA, the time-space continuum, and integral equations. Can you teach me about the emperor butterfly?

Three days later, I got a response.

Kōtoku-in. October 3, 2 pm, JST (Japan Standard Time).

Meet by the statue of the Great Buddha.

And that was how I began my Pokémon journey.

2. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Chapter 1: Mysterium Tremendum et Fascinans

Earth, Japan, Island of Honshū, Kantō region, Universe Prime

The sun broke and sparkled as I ascended in the water, light rays dancing on the surface above me like skitterbugs, golden and hungry. Two wave-tousled heads cracked through the barrier to a brain-matter sky, and we were met with the sound of jostling foam and seagulls.

I pulled off my mask and breathed in the muck and salt of Sagami Bay. It was a perfect, crisp, 70 degrees. Or 21, if you're one of those Celsius types.

"Fancy meeting you here," Brent popped up next to me, bobbing in the surf, grinning in his trademark, self-admiring way. His mask hung goofily on top of his head.

I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you too, Einstein. Let's get to the beach. We're almost late."

The beach, Kamakura-Something-Or-Other, had more dark, coarse mud than sand, and it didn't look super tourist-y. There weren't any resorts or fancy umbrella chairs or anything—just an older couple walking slowly through the trickling waves, and a mother with a couple young kids splashing around farther down the shore. At least there were some people, so hopefully we didn't look suspicious other than the fact that we were a couple of white kids in Japan in the middle of the school year.

Oh, yeah, and we were wearing wetsuits.

We made our way up the beach where the sand quickly gave way to pavement and a beachfront neighborhood. The streets were narrow between the houses that lined the beach, and a lot of people left their garage doors open, so it was easy to find one to duck into and change.

We stripped out of our wetsuits and stuffed them into the backpacks we had brought with us. I hiked my jeans up and leaned against a bicycle while I pulled my shoes on.

The house we were in—like the others we'd passed—was tiny and made of sea-battered wood. The whole neighborhood looked like it had seen better days. Or maybe days here were always wet and overcast.

"Kinda depressing to live here," Brent said.

"Yeah . . ." I said, but in my mind, it felt wrong to agree.

I tried to look at how this would feel like home to people. It wasn't dreary, it was misty. Not weathered, but lived-in.

I had to wiggle a finger in behind my heel to get my last shoe on. I never untied them.

Brent laughed-at me, not with me-while I just about fell over myself fighting the little lip from rolling down.

"Hurry up Jason, we're going to be late."

I shot him a don't-tempt-me look as I scooped up my backpack and trotted out of the garage.

"Did you find anything out about September 1923?" I asked while we walked.

Brent popped a couple mini Hot Pockets in his mouth. Snacks were always a must when we went on these little adventures.

"Only that there was an earthquake," he said, "Pretty bad one. I still don't know what a WK event is."

The streets got busier as we got closer to Kōtoku-in, the famous temple that housed the Great Buddha. Droves of people of all shapes and colors were flocking in and out of a lively little alcove framed with natural shrubs and vines—a stark contrast to the drab gray of the pavement and the misted wooden facades of the homes and shops.

I looked at my watch. Two o'clock pm exactly.

Walking into the park was like walking through a portal to another world. We weren't at the edge of a city anymore—we were in a mystical jungle. Trees were suddenly everywhere. The sky became a ceiling of stippled green, and the silver of the clouds now peeked through like heavy light. Red and russet wood formed the shapes of little shrines and overhangs, and well-tended gravel guided the stone path that wound through the garden.

People's eyes seemed brighter here. The faces of the surrounding buildings, too, were made young again by freckles of moss and determined sprouts that found their homes in concrete cracks. Splashy, pink blossoms swayed in the breeze as twigs tapped playfully on traditionally styled rooftops.

As we rounded a bend, we saw the Great Buddha statue, a tarnished, brass behemoth from ancient times resting quietly on its pedestal. It, too, was a stark contrast to its surroundings: the people's skirts, jeans, and polos, and the snapping lenses that flashed up at the statue's form.

All of the contrasts—the light and the shade; the wood and the stone; the ancient and the modern—wove together into a picturesque scene that made me feel like I was breathing in the colors of a dozen places and times, connecting me to the essence of imagination. The murmur of the crowds, the clicking of the cameras, and the swaying of the branches made for a mesmerizing sonata, and I was a little hypnotized until I remembered why we were there.

Brent tapped me on the shoulder and nodded toward a suited man who stood alone before a pedestal that held a pot of golden flowers. He gazed upward, expressionless, at the Buddha's unreadable face.

"You think?" Brent asked.

We made our way over. The man was Japanese, older, but not elderly. I noticed sunspots on his clasped hands and kind wrinkles on his face, and his round head was balding and gray.

"I wonder if there are any purple Emperor butterflies around here," Brent said loudly enough for the man to hear.

The man didn't move at first, but I thought I saw his eyes squint a little.

I was about to signal Brent to try someone else when the man slowly turned his back to the statue. He left his hands clasped before him and locked his gaze on something distant, above the tops of the trees.

"You seek Enlightenment here?" he asked in perfect, if accented, English.

"We seek the truth," I replied.

He paused, and his eyes danced, no doubt looking for the adults that had sent us. He must be wondering why someone had sent children. How foolish and dangerous of them.

Only there were no adults. Just us. The man turned to look at the statue again. When he began to speak, I still wasn't sure if he was talking to us or to himself.

"The teachings of the Buddha were not native to Japan. Shinto came first. Our ancestors believed that every rock and tree, every blooming flower—," he touched a yellow blossom, "—Was filled with the power of its own life, its own spirit.

"Buddhism found its way here on ships and on the wind, in the way that all things come to islands. I once thought that the way of the Buddha was the only reasonable way: that all of life comes from one source. There are no elements, there is no mind. There are only manifestations of a single, divine organism to which we must return. But now . . . now I am not so sure. I have seen the spark of life in many things. In fire and water, in grass and thunder. In dragons. Are all these one, as the Buddhists say? Or are they many, as the Shinto profess? I confess I do not know."

I looked at Brent, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"In either instance, all things have life," the man continued, "What do the European philosophers say? Mysterium tremendum et fascinans—the feeling you get when you see a specially shaped stone, or a tree set apart from the others in an orchard; a flash of lightning that terrifies even as it graces the sky with its beauty; a blossom whose petals curl down farther than its sisters'. These are the spirit—or spirits—that dwell in all things. The fingerprint of God."

"Are you the Entomologist?" I pressed.

The old man raised a hand sharply.

"Not here. Now, tell me." he turned to look at us, with a glint of a smile, "Are you Shinto or Buddhist?"

I shook my head. "Neither. I'm Christian."

The man threw back his head and laughed. "Of course you are Christian. You are American! I had it all planned out—my speech. But it still applies to you, in some way, I think."

He shook his head with a surprised little smile.

"You solved it, didn't you?" he asked, "All by yourselves."

"Yes," Brent and I said softly, at the same time.

"You are children," he marveled, seeing something—or nothing—out over the trees, "Two children. He will say it was destiny."

I felt my skin tingle as though I were on the brink of a river, powerful, cool as lemon ice, beckoning me into its rush.

The man nodded like he had made up his mind.

"Come," he said, snapping us out of our trance, "My employer will be glad to meet you."

Tokyo was a sprawling gray wool that covered up the naked beauty of the countryside, but every now and then, the bare flesh of the earth poked through, raising trees and flowers into the sunlight.

Two hours after our meeting at the statue, we were deep in the city's heart, whose brick and iron chambers throbbed with the flow of tires and urgent bodies. We sat in the back of a dark-tinted car talking with the old man, who introduced himself as Yoshi Watanabe.

"I will not ask how you came here on your own," he said, "That would spoil the mystery, I think. But it is good that you are children."

Brent and I just nodded silently.

In almost every other shop we drove past, there was Pokémon merchandise on display: Pikachu, the cute little yellow mascot, was everywhere. Then there were fire-breathing lizard plushies and water-squirting turtle action figures, and a mischievous-looking cat thing turned into a Pez dispenser.

"See?" Mr. Watanabe laughed, "Spirits."

I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but it got my mind racing. Brent and I had been begging our parents to get us the Pokémon games for Christmas this year. We had seen the commercials, and it looked so cool.

I hadn't gotten to see much of the cartoon yet—just some episodes where Ash Ketchum and his friends are coming back from beating up their gym teacher or something, and then they get on this ship, and it sinks, and they get stranded on this island with giant, robot Pokémon . . . . Sorry, being a nerd over here.

Anyway, it was really cool, because you got to fight these little animals and then train them to be your pets. Some kids at our school were even bringing copies of Nintendo Power to talk about which Pokémon they wanted to catch first.

But what did little cartoon animals have to do with earthquakes, bug-collecting, and crazily complicated math problems? How did it all fit together?

We pulled into a garage while Mr. Satō entered a small, unassuming building. He returned carrying a small, silver briefcase and a knowing grin.

"Now, we must change vehicles," he said, "So our enemies won't follow us."

We ducked in and out of three more parking stations and three more cars all over the city. Two hours later, Tokyo was fading behind us, engulfed by the freedom of wilder lands—a national park, maybe. Looming at our left was Mt. Fuji, a monolith that laughed at the efforts of human hands to reach the domain of the sun and moon.

Soon, we pulled into a smaller city, nestled in the nook of a lake sparkling fire with the sunset. It was Fujiyoshida, the plateau town from the Sukomo River article code. There, a resort hotel watched quietly over the lake, with one eye toward the water and one longing up at the mountain. We pulled up to the hotel's entrance, and Mr. Satō gestured for us to step out and follow, the driver taking the rear.

We trailed through the front gardens, where the flowerbeds looked like easels dotted with fresh paint of every color, the wind brushing their pigment out onto the canvas of the water. Then we walked through an ornate lobby and took the elevator up to the highest floor.

"Looks nice enough . . . ." Brent murmured.

My heart pounded in time to the whirring of the pulleys. Each ding of the elevator felt like the next-to-last page of a story. You turn just one more page, and that's it. You're done. You find out whether the heroes save the princess or die trying.

Ding.

We stepped into a corner penthouse with toasty walls and soft, warm sconces. The room was light and breezy, the autumn air streaming in through an open patio. In a scene from a feudal-era, Japanese oil painting, bamboo doors framed Mt. Fuji and the still-smoldering lake. Here, so close to the mountain, the wind's scent was crisp and full. The smells of field and forest mingled with the sweet, grassy spice of fresh-brewed tea in cups on a low-set table.

A man stepped from behind a sliding, wood panel door. He was Japanese, lanky, dressed in unassuming, relaxed-fitting garb, wore dark, round glasses, and sported short, dark hair. He didn't look much older than a teenager, honestly. His eyes were curious, like a kid's. The way he tilted his head and raised his eyebrows was puppy-like.

He spoke only Japanese in a soft, clear voice full of tenderness, "Mr. Satō? What is this?"

"These," said Mr. Satō, "Are your fellow entomologists."

The younger man's eyes widened. "Children? But . . . are they working with no one?"

Satō smiled. "I thought it was appropriate. They look to be the same age as the children in the story."

Brent and I asked each other a silent question: What story?

The young man's mouth hung open for a moment, apparently too stunned for words. Then, he shuffled over to us quickly, like he had forgotten his manners.

"Of course!" he bowed, "Welcome, welcome! Please, sit!"

The driver stepped outside to keep watch, and the four of us knelt on pads at the table for tea.

"I am Satoshi," the man began, "As you may have guessed, I am the Entomologist. Forgive me, your age should not surprise me. Does not surprise me. I know what people of any age can do. You are no different from the rest of us."

I was instantly drawn to this man. His kindness; his passion; his ideals . . . he was everything I wanted to become.

"We have so many questions," Brent said as Satō translated for us, "Are you with SN-3?"

Satoshi frowned, "No, I don't know an SN-3. Numerous hacker groups have gotten wind of our research, but I don't think they fully realize the situation we are in. You were the first to put the pieces together, as far as we know. To connect the science to our organization."

"The Integral and Differential equations article," I said, "And the research on genetics, evolution, and alternate universes."

"And the earthquake," Brent added.

We were trying not to show how little we knew so he would keep talking and let something slip. Basic spy stuff.

"Yes, precisely," said Satoshi, "I sometimes dapple in scientific studies, but I had much to learn, of course. And we had to find people to help us make the bridge a reality. I'm a game designer," he laughed, "Not a physicist."

A game designer. Not a physicist. I wracked my brain, trying to find the connections.

"You don't work for the government," I said.

"Oh, no, no," Satoshi laughed again, "We're a small company. We just happened to stumble across something big. It all came together. You see, I really did love collecting insects in my childhood. And we thought the game could be really fun and exciting. A chance to fall in love with nature and imagination again. But I started to wonder—what if? It was just a fanciful dream, really. Not even a conjecture. But that's why I started studying. And why the games took so many years to finally make."

"So you could make the bridge," Brent pressed.

"Yes, precisely. Of course, we don't have the technology to actually go there. But we can interface with that world through the games."

A chill ran up my spine. I finally understood. The quantum physics equations. The research on alternate universes. With the insect pictures and the talk about an earthquake, I had thought this was about some kind of science research gone wrong. A bio weapon or an ecological disaster. But this wasn't about that at all. It wasn't even about Earth.

"Spatial manipulation," I said.

They were bending space and time to open a gateway to . . . somewhere else. Somewhere that you couldn't set foot, but you could "interface" with? What did that mean?

"How does the interface work?"

"Well, the precise technology is something I can't disclose. But basically, because the other worlds are digital, we can create an avatar in those worlds. You can travel around and go on adventures and make friends. Collect and trade and grow stronger as a team. That's what we wanted for children to experience."

Now I was confused again.

"But we didn't realize the danger," Satoshi continued, "We didn't know how many organizations on both sides of the bridge would try to exploit the bridge technology for profit. Or as a weapon. Not to mention the powers of the creatures themselves. I think it's good that you are children—even though you certainly aren't ordinary children! It will be easier for you to blend in when you go there to stop this. Because of their culture, you see?"

"You're giving this technology to children?" I asked.

Satoshi frowned curiously, "Yes, of course. You didn't . . . you didn't know about the games?"

He and Satō shot each other a worried look. I didn't know what else to ask, so I finally just asked it.

"What games?"

A blanket of silence hung over the table. Finally, Satoshi nodded. Satō placed the silver briefcase on the table, and it opened with a hydraulic swish. There, nestled snugly in a soft, protective foam was a strange, handheld contraption with dish-shaped receivers, a viewing screen, and dozens of buttons and knobs.

Resting comfortably beneath the device were two, small, rectangular cartridges: one red, and one blue.

Sonic Ramon and Mandriel like this.
  3. AshFan23

AshFan23 Bug Catcher

Billy
    (Lotad)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    Chapter 2: The PMR's 1st loss.
    Misty was shocked to hear this and said, "There must be a way to stop that from happening." John then said, "There might be a way to do just that." Ash asked John what he meant and John replied, "We should invite Gary, Iris, Paul, and Salon into the P.M.R." "WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT?!" Shouted Ash, Brock, Misty, and Serena.

They were shocked by John's Idea. "Are you forgetting that Paul tried to kill you!" Ash said to John. John then said, "I know, I also know that spending a night at the Police station straighten him out." John then told the group that Paul was released earlier that day. John got back on track by saying, "If we can get them to join us, then we can face Team Rocket with them together, and we can fight the TRUE leader, which would be Giovanni." Ash then said, "That would change history and there would be no need for us to start this." John then said, "Ash, Gary and the others aren't really the enemy, it is Giovanni. The future will not change, he will just find others to be his puppets." Brock thought about it and said, "John's got a good idea, we should invite them." Ash, Misty, and Serena All thought about it as well they agreed to bring Gary and the others into the fold. John had the resistance members gathered and told them what they were doing. He then had Ash, Brock, Misty and Serena Call Paul, Salon, Gary, and Iris so they could discuss their part in the Resistance.

When Gary and the others got to Ash's House, John was outside waiting for them. "Hey John, what's going on?" Said Gary. Paul Then said, "Yeah, I got a call from Brock, he told me to meet him here at Ash's house. Also, I'm sorry for stabbing you in the stomach" John then told Paul that what he did was water under the bridge. Gary then said, "But I got a call from Misty about the same thing." John then said, "I know, and I know Ash called Iris and Serena called Salon, they did so because I asked them to call you guys." Gary asked John why did he want the four of them there, John said, "Follow me and you will see." John had the small group follow him into Ash's home, pulled the secret Lever, and showed them the secret Base and told them about the future. Gary was the most shocked to hear this and said, "In the future, I became the leader of Neo-Team Rocket, I then kill you, Ash, and Misty, along with other Members of the P.M.R." John looked at the ground and said, "Yes, that's what the future held for us." Gary looked at Paul, Iris, and Salon, the looking back at John he said, "That's a lot of information to take in John, but I'm ready to help any way I can." Paul then said, "That goes double for me." "I'm in as well." Said Iris. "It's not even a question," Salon told John. John smiled and said, "Welcome aboard the P.M.R."

For the next several weeks, Ash, Brock, John, Misty, and Serena trained Gary, Iris, Paul, and Salon so they were caught up with the others. In the last week of training, John was out getting supplies when he was approached By Jessie, James, and Meowth. John asked the three, "What do you guys want?"

James said, "We overheard a group of people talking about another group of people going by the name P.M.R," John said, "I heard that as well." Jessie then said, "We also saw you buying a lot of supplies, too much for a small group of twerps like yourself." Meowth then said, "We put two and two together." John was about to call out his Pinsir when Jessie, James, and Meowth got on the ground and said, "Please let us join your resistance." John was shocked but not surprised to hear them ask and he chuckled. "What…what's so funny?" James asked John. John replied, "I was actually thinking about looking for you three and asking you to join in the first place." Jessie, James and Meowth looked at John with a look that read, "How ironic." John then said, "Well, are you guys going to help me take these supplies back to base?" Jessie, James, and Meowth said right and they helped take the supplies back to the Resistance Base.

Several weeks later, John, Dawn, Ash, and Serena were in Vermilion City and saw that barely anyone was on the street. "Where is everyone?" asked Serena. John looked around and said, "This usually happens when people gather at the Pokémon Center, let's check there." "Right," said Ash, Dawn, and Serena. When they got to the Pokémon Center, they found everyone, including Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny… DEAD! The group looked on in horror at what they saw. John then saw a piece of paper taped to a wall. When he opened the note, it read, "They were asked to join Neo-Team Rocket but refused, that is why they are dead, N.T.R. Leader Phillip." John then turned to the others and said, "Guys, I know how and why they were killed." John then handed the note to Dawn, Ash, and Serena and they read what was on it. Dawn started to get angry. She then said, "They will pay for this." John was going to say that he agreed when he saw a familiar face among the bodies. Ash saw John was looking at something, and when he turned he saw who John was looking at. It was May, and she was among the dead but John and Ash only saw her.

When John, Dawn, Ash, and Serena got back to the Resistance Base, John and Ash pulled Max to the side. John started off by saying, "Max, do you know where May is right now?" "If I recall, she was going out to a shopping Mall," Max told John. "Was the shopping Mall in Vermilion City?" Asked Ash. Max then said, "I think… no, I know it was in Vermilion City, why what's up?" John and Ash looked at each other until John turned to Max and said, "Dawn, Serena, Ash and I were just in Vermilion City and…found the people there dead, and May was amongst the bodies." Max said nothing, all he did after hearing his sister is dead was back up into a wall and slide down to the floor. Ash then asked John to leave Max and him alone for a bit. "Alright Ash, once you are done helping Max, we need to discuss our plan of attack," Ash said right and John left so Ash can talk to Max.

A few hours later, John addressed everyone in the base. John said, "Everyone listen to me right now, if you haven't heard yet, we already have a casualty. May Kirtman, was killed. Along with the people living in Vermilion City, because they would not join Neo-Team Rocket." Everyone was shocked to hear this. John continued, "They made the first attack, which means, our attacks against them will not be unjustified, we will use the Vermilion City Massacre as our means of recruiting trainers AGAINST NEO-TEAM ROCKET!" everyone then said, "YEAH!"

One year later, Giovanni had Phillip order N.T.R. grunts transport captured wild Pokémon to a base in the Johto Region. As the trucks got an hour out from their starting point, the head truck got hit by a Stone Edge. When the grunts got out of the other trucks, they were taken out by Vine whips, thunderbolts, and air cutters. After all the N.T.R. Grunts were taken out, the attackers came out of the tree line. One person took his hat off and said, "Free the wild Pokémon." "Right." Said the rest of the attackers. They opened the trucks and set the wild Pokémon free, but only a Salamance and a Goodra remained. One attacker said, "Hey John, what's with these two, they haven't left yet." John then said, "Salamance, Goodra, you want to help us, don't you?" Salamance nodded and said, "Sala(Yes.)" Goodra also nodded and said, "Goodra, (Same here.)" John looked at the group and said, "Iris, you want to be a Dragon Master, would you accept these two as helpers, and if they want to be caught, catch them?" Iris said, "It would be an honor." Iris walked up to Salamance and Goodra and asked, "Do you two want to be caught?" Salamance and Goodra shook their heads yes in response. Iris smiled and pulled out two Pokéballs and held them to Salamance and Goodra. Salamance and Goodra then touched the buttons on the Pokéballs and they went into them, after 3 shakes, Salamance and Goodra Belonged to Iris.

When the raiding group got back to base, Misty greeted them. "Hey guys, how was the raid?" Ash replied by saying, "Great, we freed all the wild Pokémon and Iris got two new Dragon-type Pokémon." Misty then said, "That's great to hear, congratulations Iris." "Thanks, Misty." Replied Iris. John looked at his wristwatch and told Ash and the others, "It's time." Everyone nodded their heads. John and the others headed into the Resistance Base and got everyone gathered in the main conference room. John then said, "Today is a sad day to remember, exactly one year ago, the townspeople of Vermilion City were killed by Neo-Team Rocket, including one of our members, May Kirtman. Max and his Parents will be at the cemetery today to pay their respects to May, we will be there as well, providing protection against Neo-Team Rocket, because Giovanni might have May's Family killed." Ash then said, "May's Family will want us to make sure that she did not die in vain and Eliminate Neo-Team Rocket, once and for all." The room was filled with cheers of hope and excitement.

Later that same day at Petalburg Cemetery. Max and his parents were at May's grave when Max saw John approaching from the side. "Hello, John." Said Max. May's mom and dad turned to see John approaching as well. "Hey, Max." Replied John. Norman said nothing while his wife said, "Hello John, thank you for coming today." John responded by saying, "Hello Miss. Kirtman, you are welcome, I just wish I could have prevented this from happening." "There was no way you could have known about what would happen, just make them pay John, for May's sake." Said May's dad to John. "I'll make sure they suffer." Said, John. John then placed a single rose on May's Tombstone and walked away. Ash, Brock, Misty, Dawn, and Serena were at the Cemetery entrance waiting for John to come out of it. When John came out, Ash said, "We had Sentries at every entrance and they saw no one enter the Cemetery or climb the walls." John nodded in acknowledgment and turned around in time to see three N.T.R. grunts kidnapping Max and his Parents. "MAX!" John shouted and ran to help. John also said while he threw a Pokéball, "Blastoise, use Hydro Pump!" A Blastoise came out and used Hydro Pump to hit the grunts and freed Max and his family. Max then pulled out a Pokéball, threw it while saying, "Blaziken, use flame burst!" Blaziken acknowledged his trainer's command and used Flame Burst. After the battle, the N.T.R. grunts were unconscious and were taken to Officer Jenny. John then walked up to Max and his parents and asked, "Are you guys okay?" Max said that they were alright and thanked John for saving their lives. John then said, "No problem Max, anyway, I have to go." Max asked John why he had to go, John replied by saying, "We just got word that an N.T.R. convey needs attacking, see you around." John then left the Cemetery to attack the N.T.R. Convoy.

Just like the Convoy Before it, the new Convoy was attacked by the P.M.R. forces but instead of Pokémon like he was told from resistance Intelligence, it was a group of People from different Organizations. "Grunts from Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and Team Flare?!" Said John confused. "Yeah, we refused to join Neo-Team Rocket." Said a Team Magma Grunt. "Not even the leaders wanted to join." Said a Team Aqua Grunt. "So, Phillip used his Hypno to hypnotize all of our commanders." Said a grunt from Team Plasma "When we refused, and tried to free our commanders, we were captured and were all sent to Vermilion City, loaded onto these trucks and were being transported to Celadon City, which from what I heard got transformed into a prison camp." Said a grunt from team Galactic. "I see, well, you guys are free to leave, go back to your home regions, or you can join the fight here in the Kanto Region and then the rest of the Pokémon World." Most of the grunts got on board cargo ships bound for Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos, while some grunts stayed behind to join the P.M.R. John was happy to see the P.M.R. was growing and getting stronger. Just then, a Tyranitar came out of the forest next to John and a Team Aqua grunt. John saw the Tyranitar and said, "Hello there, are you hungry?" John then reached into his bag and pulled out Pokémon food and gave it to Tyranitar. Tyranitar took the Pokémon food and ate it happily. John then saw Tyranitar was hurt on the arm so John pulled out his medicine and helped Tyranitar. Tyranitar was happy that he was feeling better. Tyranitar then said, "Tyranitar! (Thank you for helping me.)" John then said, "You're welcome Tyranitar, do you want to help free the Pokémon world?" Tyranitar shook his head yes in response. "Good, welcome to the P.M.R. Tyranitar." Said, John. Tyranitar was happy and went to hang out with the rest of the Volunteer wild Pokémon.

When John got into the Resistance Headquarters, he was surprised by his sisters, Dorothy and Vicky Bertrand. John then asked, "Dorothy, Vicky, what are you two doing here?" Vicky replied by saying, "We heard you were a part of the P.M.R., you inspired us to leave home and seek you out and wanted to join it." Dorothy then said, "We already have Partner Pokémon." Dorothy and Vicky called their partner Pokémon. Dorothy had a Jolteon while Vicky had a Charmander. John then said, "That Jolteon, is that your Eevee Dorothy?" "Yes, it is, we passed an area that had a lot of evolution stones and my Eevee brushed her paw against a Thunder Stone, causing it to evolve into the Jolteon you see now." Replied Dorothy. "Hey there Charry, you still haven't evolved yet." Said John to Charmander as he knelt to pet Charmander. "I just don't understand, he should have evolved a long time ago, but he hasn't, I have tried everything. I just don't know what to do." Said Vicky. John got up and said, "You cannot force a Pokémon to evolve, Charmander will evolve when it is time to evolve." John then said, "Now that pleasantries are out of the way, I will assign you two to someone who knows how to do things here." John pulled out a tablet and said, "Vicky, with your skills in computers and battles, I'm assigning you to Clemont, one of the Resistance's best technician, Dorothy, due to your age, I'm partnering you up with a boy named Max." John turned and shouted, "Clemont, Max, please come over here." A few seconds later, two people showed up, one was about the same age as Dorothy. John then started introductions, "Dorothy and Vicky, these are Clemont and Max. Clemont and Max, these two are my sisters Dorothy and Vicky, I have assigned one of them to each of you. Teach them what you know and I'll be happy." Clemont and Max both said right. John then told Vicky and Dorothy to watch them closely and then told Clemont and Max the name of which one they were to watch. Clemont then said, "Vicky is it, I'm glad that I am able to pass my knowledge onto someone else." Vicky smiled and said, "I'm glad to learn from you." They walked off to the computer room to get to work. Max and Dorothy just stood there staring at each other. John saw what was going on, smiled and said, "If you two are done, I need you two to go on patrol along route one." Max snapped out of his trance and said, "Right, let's go Dorothy." Dorothy then snapped out of her trance and said, "Right, coming." Max and Dorothy then left the Resistance Base to go on patrol.

John entered the communications room and asked Ash, "What's the situation in Kalos?" "The gym leaders are holding their ground, but Neo-Team Rocket has already taken Lumiose City, Snowbelle City, and Anistar City." Ash told John. John looked disappointed, he was hoping that Neo-Team Rocket would not have captured three cities already. Ash then said, "They're doing their best John." "I know Ash, I know." Replied John. "It's just that it has been a whole year and we have made little to no progress in freeing the Pokémon world." Ash then said, "That is not true, we have made progress." John turned to ash and said, "How then, how have we made progress?" Ash replied by saying, "We have gotten more recruits and we even formed a wild Pokémon platoon." "But we are still operating out of one base, and we still haven't completed Operation: Saffron City." Said, John. Ash thought to himself, "John looks like he is starting to buckle under the stress, I need to talk to the others." Ash then said, "John, I need to go." John asked where Ash was going, Ash replied that he was heading up to the house to get something to eat. "Alright Ash, go get something to eat."

As Ash went up to his house, he grabbed Brock, Misty, Serena, and Dawn and brought them upstairs. When they were out of John's ear range, Ash said, "I think John is starting to buckle under the stress of leading the resistance." Misty then said, "John has been looking a little stressed out, but he says it's nothing." Brock then said, "So I'm not the only one who noticed it." Then Serena asked, "What are we going to do about it?" Everyone thought about what to do about John until Dawn said, "I have an idea." "What's your idea Dawn?" Asked Ash. Dawn replied by saying, "I take John out for a walk, and dinner, that should lower his stress levels down." Ash then said, "It might work, but how much will it lower his stress by?"

Before Dawn could answer Ash's question, John, came up the steps and said, "I was looking for you guys, we have a situation developing." Ash and the others followed John down into the base and saw the wild Pokémon was not feeling well. Brock walked over to a Machamp, placed his hand on its forehead and said, "Machamp has a high fever." John then said, "I know, they all do, that's why I got you guys down here, so we can save our wild Pokémon allies." Gary then said, "We need Lum Berries." Brock then said, "I don't think Lum Berries will do it by themselves." John then remembered something and asked Brock, "What about Lran Berries?" everyone looked at John like he said something crazy. John asked Brock, Ash, Gary, and Misty to follow him.

John took Brock, Ash, Gary, and Misty into a garden room and showed them a strange plant. John then said, "I present to you, a genetically modified hybrid Berry plant." The Berry had the look of an Oran Berry but the color of a Lum Berry. Brock then said, "I am going to assume that this is a Lran Berry Plant." John replied by saying, "You assumed correctly." Ash then asked, "How did you create such a Berry?" "It took me a month to find the perfect ratio of Oran Berry DNA to Lum Berry DNA," Replied John. John then said, "My other creations for the Berry, did not turn out well, but the Hybrid Berry combination for a Lran Berry is 70% Oran Berry and 30% Lum Berry." Misty looked and saw a crate in the corner, she then asked, "What is in the crate over in the corner over there John?" John told the group that he had several Lran Berries ready to be made into medicine. Brock grabbed as any Lran Berries as he could and started to make medicine for the wild Pokémon platoon.

While Brock was helping the wild Pokémon, Max and Dorothy were almost done with their patrol. "So, how does it feel to know that your older sibling oversees an organization?" Max asked Dorothy. Dorothy thought of a good answer and said, "I feel the same as I did before, I'm proud of John and what he does." Max then said, "At least you have two older siblings still." Dorothy asked Max what he meant, he replied, "I lost my older sister in the Vermilion City Massacre last year." Dorothy was shocked and said, "Max, I'm sorry for your loss." Max looked at Dorothy and thought to himself, "John's sister is very kind like he is. Maybe she learns from him." Dorothy was also thinking to herself, "I wonder why John placed me under Max's command." Max then said, "We better get back to base, don't want your brother to worry." Dorothy said right and they made their way back to Ash's house.

The wild Pokémon battalion was back at peak efficiency thanks to Brock and John's Lran Berries. Max and Dorothy got back from their patrol and reported nothing unusual. John was then pulled aside by Dawn and she said, "I think you and me should go for a walk." John asked, "Why do you want to go for a walk?" John then said, "If it's to try to lower my Stress levels, I don't think it will work. But, I will try it." Dawn was shocked to hear John say that. She thought to herself, "How did he know about the idea to lower his stress." John looked at Dawn and said, "Dawn…you in there?" Dawn then snapped out of her train of thought and said, "Yeah?" Dawn saw John looking at her weird. John then said, "You looked like you were in a deep thought." Dawn replied by saying, "No need to worry John, I'm fine." John then said, "When you say that there is no need to worry, that's when I worry." Dawn shot John an angry look but John countered with puppy eyes. Dawn gave in and said, "Let's go on our walk already." Dawn then grabbed John's arm and dragged him up the stairs and out of the base and Ash's house and to their walk path.

While John and Dawn went for their walk, Serena asked Ash if she could talk to him privately. When they were out of sight of the others. Ash asked Serena, "What do you want to talk about Serena?" Before Serena said anything, she pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to Ash. Serena then said, "Do you remember this?" Ash looked at the handkerchief and then he realized that he saw that handkerchief before at summer camp when he and John went to as kids. Ash then said, "you mean to tell me that you're the girl I helped at summer camp." Serena shook her head and said, "Yup, the girl who hurt her leg in the woods and you helped out." Ash was surprised to see the girl he helped all those years ago, and he didn't know it until Serena told him. Serena then said, "Since then, I have kept it with me by my side and I wanted to give it to you at the perfect time, but I was always unable to find the perfect time." Ash was speechless, he had no idea about how much Serena appreciated him. Serena then said, "Before this whole situation started, I saw you in the hallway at the high school and I was going to give back your handkerchief and tell something, but Dawn pulled me away, and by the time I got back into the hallway, you were gone." Serena thought about whether to tell Ash her real feelings. But she got the courage to say, "Ever since that day in the woods, I have had strong feelings for you." Ash was shocked to hear her say that and asked, "So… you love me?" Serena nodded her head after a few seconds, but before Serena could say a word, she got pulled towards Ash and her lips met his lips. She was surprised and happy at the exact same time. All Serena could do was wrap her arms around Ash's neck and closed her eyes and kiss the love of her life.

While Ash and Serena kissed, John and Dawn walked by a lake with all sorts of Pokémon from the different regions. Dawn kept looking at John every so often to see how he was doing. While sitting under a tree with Dawn, John said, "This is helping me with my stress, it has made me calmer than I was at the base, thank you, Dawn." Dawn laid her head on John's shoulder and said, "You're welcome John, at least my plan worked." John look at Dawn and said, "I knew about your plan when I saw Ash take you, Brock, Misty, and Serena upstairs so I figured it was for something that you didn't need me to hear, but I heard the discussion you all were having but I was staying out of sight until I heard your idea." Dawn looked at John and said, "You're a sneaky little trainer." John just smiled and kissed Dawn on the forehead and said, "Love you too Dawn."

Back at the base, Brock was trying to duplicate John's Experiments and create a berry that combines a Sitrus Berry and a Pecha Berry. When John and Dawn got back, Brock walked up to him and said, "John, I need your advice."

John asked Brock what he needed help with. Brock told John, "I want to create a berry that combines the benefits of a Sitrus Berry and a Pecha Berry into one berry." John turned to Dawn and said, "Looks like I'm back on the job." All Dawn did in response was give John a smile and said to John, "I can see that, good luck John." John said thanks to Dawn and left with Brock to his lab. For weeks, John and Brock were working on a berry that would combine the benefits of a Sitrus Berry and a Pecha Berry into one. Almost two months go by until they had a living sapling that made the first ever Petrus Berries. John turned to Brock and said, "Well, we did it, Brock, after almost two months, we finally have a Petrus Berry." Brock smiled and said, "I know John, and I was thinking while we were making this berry."

John asked what Brock was thinking about, Brock replied by saying, "Pecha Berries are used to cure poison, but if we were to create a strand of Pecha Berries that would increase the effects of the poison." John knew where Brock was going with it and said, "We can win battle after battle cause the enemy's Pokémon would be no match." Brock nodded his head and said, "Exactly what I was about to say, John." John then told Brock to get all the Grass/Poison type Pokémon and their trainers and bring them to the Botanical lab. Before Brock could leave the lab, he was stopped by Max and Dorothy. Max looked at John and said, "We have a situation."

When John got to the main room, he saw Vicky on the ground and Clemont was treating what looked like claw marks on her side. John ran to Vicky and asked, "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?!" "We went out for some fresh air and a wild Fearow attacked us, our Pokémon managed to chase it off, but not before it used Mega Claw and it hit Vicky." John looked at the claw marks, looked at Vicky and said, "Vicky, you always did say that you can make friends with wild Pokémon, does this change your thinking." All Vicky did in response was look at John and rolled her eyes. "Thank you Clemont," John said to Clemont. All Clemont did in response was nodding his head and, "You're welcome John, I'll get Vicky to the infirmary." John said okay and Clemont got Vicky to the infirmary. John went outside and saw blood where Vicky got hit. John walked over to where the battle took place. Like Clemont and Vicky, a Fearow attacked John. John dodged the attack and hit pressure points on Fearow. After the Fearow fell asleep, several Spearows came out of the woods and ran to the Fearow. John saw what was happening and was confused. When Fearow woke up, it got up and looked at John in the eyes.

"I mean you no harm, but you attacked me and my friends, why?" Fearow said nothing but looked at the Spearow behind it. John looked at the Spearow too and said, "I see, you were protecting them, weren't you?" The Fearow looked at John and shook its head in response. John then said, "I apologize for the confusion because I didn't know we were in your territory, Apologizes again." Fearow acknowledged John and flew off with the Spearow except two Spearow stayed behind. When the Fearow turned and saw them, it came back but didn't land. One Spearow said, "Spearow, Spearow Spear Spearow (We would like to stay with the humans to help free the world.)" Fearow nodded its head and flew off with the rest of the Spearows still flying.

John looked at the Fearow and Spearow flying away and looked at the two Spearow still there in front of him. John realized why they were still there and said, "You two want to help free the Pokémon world from Neo-Team Rocket, don't you?" The two Spearows nodded their heads. John then said, "Well, I already have a flying type on my team, but I think I know two people who would like a flying type." John gestured the two Spearows to get onto his shoulders, which they did, and the three of them went to the Resistance Base.

When John and the two Spearow got to the bottom of the stairs leading to resistance HQ, he called Dorothy and told her to follow him to the infirmary and said, "These little guys want to help us free the Pokémon world, and since I already had a flying type, I figured give one to each of you." Dorothy chose the Spearow on John's right shoulder while Vicky chose the Spearow on John's left shoulder. John then asked Vicky, "How are you healing up?" "I'm going to have scars on my side, but they said I can return to duty in a day or two." Replied Vicky.

John and Dorothy left their sister to rest up. Dorothy then asked John, "Why did you pair me with Max." John thought she would not ask that question until later but he said, "I assume he told you about his sister May." Dorothy nodded her head. John then said, "He lost a girl very close to him, we tried to talk to him, but he eventually did open up to us." Dorothy was surprised to hear that as John said, "When I pulled out a picture of you, Vicky, mom, and dad, Max saw you and I could tell he had a crush on you because he asked what your name was when he pointed to you." "Really?" Asked Dorothy. "Really, he had a crush on you." Replied John. "Wow." Dorothy thought. "You better get back to work," John said to Dorothy, snapping her out of her daydream. "Right." Said Dorothy. She then left to find Max.

A week of no Neo-Team Rocket Activity goes by. John sits down in his chair in his quarters and tries to figure out why there was a week of no activity from N.T.R. "I wonder there hasn't been any activity from Neo-Team Rocket." John then heard a knock on the door and said, "Enter." The door opened and Ash, Dawn, Misty, Brock, and Serena entered John's quarters. Ash was the first to speak, "No activity from Neo-Team Rocket for at least a week, it's creeping us out." He said. "I know Ash, it's creeping me out as well." "Maybe we should finally go on the offensive." Misty Suggested.

John thought for a moment, then he said that he had to go and only Ash could come along. When Ash and John left Ash's house, Ash said, "We're going to see him, aren't we?" John looked at Ash and said, "It's the only way to find out why N.T.R. hasn't made any movement for the past week." Ash, after hearing what John said, slapped him in the back of the head and said, "Do you know who you are talking about." John said as he was rubbing the back of his head, "He want's freedom as much as we do." "But he…" Ash said but was interrupted by John saying, "He was overtaken by Phillip and his Lieutenants, so he wants freedom as much as we do." Ash said fine and he and John left to meet their contact., unknown to them that were being followed by a girl they both know.

Sorry, thought I put it in my own. my bad.

#3 Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017