1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 1 Pokémon Rumours, Lies & More

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, May 18, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Did you all know that Professor Oak is quite the shady man? It's true. He bestowed many lies upon readers of this strategy book back in the day, when gaming information and dedicated facts weren't as quickly available as they are now.

[​IMG]

Excuse me?

[​IMG]

But that's not...

[​IMG]

But...

[​IMG]

You... you can't...

[​IMG]

No....

[​IMG]

How dare you.

[​IMG]

Of course.

What are your thoughts? What are some crazy rumours you believed in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Saraceaser likes this.
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Considering he can't remember his own grandson's name, his grandson's friend/rival's name, or tell the gender of the main character, I'm pretty sure he's just going senile. I think we should respect him as the great Pokémon professor he is, but also take everything he says with a grain of salt.

But that reference to Gorochu though. I had noticed that before but only now does it make sense.

So here's something interesting I learned recently. In the original games, there was no reason to get a Pokémon's health down below 1/3. Because of the way catch rates back then were calculated, the best odds for catching a Pokémon were capped at 1/3 health. So all of that about getting a Pokémon's health as low as possible wasn't actually true.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Exactly what guide is this misinformation from?! o.O
    I never looked into these rumors even now. I suppose this is where Pikablu and the Mew under the truck rumors originated from. Never believed in any of it, but I heard a lot of kids talking about Pikablu back in the day. I don't think the Raichu evolution was a reference to Gorochu. Whoever wrote this just didn't understand Pichu was Pikachu's pre-evolution.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    According to the anime Misty, Bug-Type Pokémon are weak against water. That is lies, Misty. LIES.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This.

Saraceaser likes this.
  6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I'm convinced. Obviously not all Fire types beat Water, but it seems Charizards always beat Water starters.

Anyway, I don't believe the Gorochu leak is legitimate. They aren't going to make a Pokémon with four stages, and if so, they wouldn't do it to Pikachu's line because Alolan Raichu is relatively new and already an alternative form that works well. Gorochu seems unnecessary, and doesn't match the cuteness other Pikachu stages have.

7. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Because yes, Raichu evolves into a Pichu.

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Gorochu isn't a new Pokémon leak. Back in gen one they intended raichu to evolve but decided against it for game balance issues. So they scrapped the idea of Gorochu. Pichu came in the next generation which means Gotochu probably will never be a thing.

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, only Shuckle, Nincada, Anorith/Armaldo, Wormdam, Dwebble/Crustle, and Larvesta/Volcarona, are - and only due to their Ground/Rock/Fire secondary-typing.

:P