1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: The Rainbow of Song (Sign ups and discussion)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jun 23, 2016.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    Pokémist

Sure--there's still time, since the meat of the story hasn't started yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Your character's name: Erica
    Your character's age (PCs should be no older than 18, and no younger than 13):15
    Your character's appearance (Don't just give a picture--this will cause your sign-up to be Rejected.): She has long light purple hair, with a clip on left side. She wears a blue frock with a golden star broach on the right side. There is a flower made up of blue glitter on her frock. She wears a pair of shiny blue long boots. She wears a purple bracelet on her right hand.
    Your character's personality and a brief history: Her parents were very popular musicians in country but because of misunderstandings, they were accused of a crime they never did. From that time her life was full of struggles and hardships. By facing lot of difficulties she was now able to enter the Rainbow academy. She is not a rude person but her behavior causes people to think so. She becomes comfortable once the person talking to her doesn't seems to be rude, annoying or mean. She tries to hide her emotions. She is good with good people and bad with bad. She becomes angry when someone insults or exploits people. She also dislikes when people blames others for the deed they did.
    What kind of idol your character is (explained below): A weird mix, a mix between beautiful girls and exotic girls.
    What skills your character has--what kind of music they prefer to play, what their vocal range is, what instruments do they play, if any, can they dance or act, etc.: She is a good writer and guitarist. She writes lyrics of songs and plays guitar. She is not a good dancer and choreographer. Her songwriting is not limited to anything, they can be sad songs as well as cheerful one but she can't write fast songs. She writes the songs which needs a slow and silent singer. She is not a good singer as well. She plays melodies with low frequency which means silent and deep. She is good in low frequency melodies as compared to energetic and high frequency one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    Pokémist

Okay--that looks good, so you are Accepted!

4. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Wavepearl, When should I start posting? Should I wait for their classes to over?

And...I am bieng little forward XD I want to ask about colour of my pendent, yeah it not given to my character yet but...I wanted purple but amethyst is already taken. Isn't it possible that the pendent of colour dark blue or voilet or a colour similar to it?

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    Pokémist

A sapphire pendant should do just fine

We'll just say your character came in late for the first class (luckily there are some empty seats)

You have a fully decorated Closet and three costumes: Sapphire Stage (your standard costume), Sapphire Parade (a marching band costume for spirit week), and a deep blue and silver costume known as Midnight Moon

6. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Okay! Saphire is good and I will post then

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    I've been contemplating this RP for a while, but is it too late to join at this point?

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    No--we can still work your character in even though classes have started

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    I'm going to use one of my OCs from my current and surprisingly popular fanfic, "Culinary Rivals"; albeit a bit younger due to WavePearl's age range. Based on the description, I would appreciate if anyone could visualise what she would look like.

Name: Martine Grenadine
    Appearance: Shoulder-length red hair curled at the front and her bangs behind her right ear is one of Martine's trademarks. A black long-sleeved office blouse with a slim white tie, plus black dress pants and red leather shoes, is the style reminiscent of her workplace - the Stone Bistro. As well, she does keep up a professional image doing this, and the curls at the front of her hair complete her image. With a slim build (not skinny, mind you), her appearance flows seamlessly with her clothes - and makes Martine look smart and pretty too!

Personality: she is very optimistic and supportive of her friends, and also has that personality in that she is able to face almost anything with a smile (that is, if the situation isn't that serious). In fact, Martine is a not-so-serious type of girl, and she tends to speak a lot whenever there is something worth talking about. It wouldn't matter if what she talked about (in private!) embarrassed her friends, or if her conversations became annoying, or if she received dozens of death glares in response. Martine is used to those kinds of reactions, and reacts with genuine smiles to infuriate her friends. She enjoys lightly tormenting her friends to further embarrass them. Why, she can even poke into private conversations and still come out smiling. Poking fun at her friends is what she enjoys (one time, she even flattered her boss to the point that he had to lock himself up in his office for a few hours).
    Nevertheless, Martine is also the person to talk to whenever someone has trouble. She is also that compassionate as she is playful. She likes Pokémon, but would never consider playing with one as she grows nervous near them. Her boss has a Metagross, a Skarmory, and an Aggron, and that was enough for Martine! Also, as Martine is from Kalos, speaking French is first nature to her.

Bottom line: in spite of her optimism to support her friends, Martine is very playful.
    In short, Martine is playful, persistent, optimistic, can be annoying sometimes, and can even be nosy.
    Sirop de grenadine is Martine's favourite drink, and has been her favourite since she was five. As well as a waitress, Martine has a talent for shaking or stirring up specialty drinks just about anyone can enjoy.

History: a Cyllage City local, Martine has worked part-time at the top-class Stone Bistro as a waitress. In her downtime, though, Martine trains frequently with on an acoustic guitar and the piano. While she doesn't intend to make a big name for herself, Martine also would want a music-focused environment where she could hone her skills. Why, if she went back to Cyllage City to perform, perhaps she might even get a raise from her boss!

Unfortunately, during one night at the restaurant, Martine was left in charge of moving new but highly unstable equipment into the Stone Bistro. Rather than taking it through the back because it was being renovated, Martine brought the equipment through the foyer and dropped the unstable equipment by accident. The force of the impact shook the foyer and caused the chandelier in the foyer to fall to the ground with a might crash. The result was an outraged boss for Martine and a 208,000 Poké debt for the chandelier plus an extra 50,000 Poké for repairing the floor. Martine, facepalming herself, thought there had to be faster ways of making money to repay her debt. Her wages as a waitress simply would not cut it in the short-run. 258,000 Poké in debt!!!

Idol type: Cool girl with a touch of Beauty.

Skills: in addition to playing acoustic guitar and piano, Martine is also skilled with the electric guitar and the synthesizer - which make her instrumental (no pun intended) to just about any band; otherwise, she enjoys playing guitar on her own. However, Martine doesn't sing a lot but at the very least she does give musical support to her friends who do sing, which includes minimal vocals. Hence, Martine has a preference to instrumentals and doesn't like to sing.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    Okay, looks good! You are Accepted!

Also, what color is your Superstar Pendant? This will affect what your idol costumes will look like

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Superstar Pendent?!!! I haven't noticed! It looks like... diamond?

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    It looks a typical crystal--the color will affect what costumes you get.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Oh man. Between garnet or emerald... I'll pick emerald!
    I've also made minor changes to Martine's personality and appearance, but it shouldn't affect the story too much.
    If only I was that skilled at Deviantart...

Anyway, here are samples of Martine's talents with guitar, synth, and piano. No singing yet, unfortunately. Try to figure out her idol type from these, I guess?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXu8L0DWczs[/video]
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZurNS50ug[/video]

14. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Im being followed :0 creepy
    Anyway yhr chandelier stuff reminds meof zelda skyward sword

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Really? What a coincidence! Since I haven't played Skyward Sword (only Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for me, eh...)
    Thanks for the complement(?)!

... Someone's following you, eh? You're not talking about me or Mist, eh? I don't know how that feels like, so I can't say.
    Consider that Wave has been making interesting RPs, it's no wonder we 'followed' you. I'm trying to host one with Wave's help, but it hasn't gotten much attention. Oh well.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    I picture Martine as a pure Cool idol with maybe hints of Beautiful

17. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Yeps, when ya bumped a chandelier from the ceiling in a pumpkin restaurant
    Hhaah I am talkjng about ya both. True to that. Ehen im bsck, im sure to join your Gen.
    I havent looked at the rp sectiom at all

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Haha I see, I see. Well, I'm glad you took the promotion! As for the chandelier... Wow.

Separately, thanks, Wave.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    You're welcome--glad I could work you in.

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Now that I think of it, emerald may be a bit too flashy for Martine and Brock (I think) already has one.
    Mind if we change her gemstone to peridot? It's still green but just a little darker. (Might want to edit a bit of page 8 in the IC thread if you have to, Wave).