1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: The Song of the Elements (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Leon supposed he hadn't counted on getting lost in Argenta in a matter a minutes. He brushed his light blue bangs so they wouldn't obstruct his view.
    Unfortunately for Leon, the marketplace was so crowded that it left him to remark why Argenta never invested in traffic control. In his home of Raisu, they was at least some degree of order. Here in Argenta, it seemed people were too busy going about their business. Likewise, he kept his hat in good position as a means to carry about his own business.

That is, his desire for pie, which was located at the tavern. But because of the lack of sense of direction, Leon was lost for sure. Lost in a sea of faces.
    Where am I now? Leon thought.

He acknowledged he was a little uneasy when he came to asking strangers for information, or at least strangers that happened to be out on the street and in public. However, as he knew he still needed something to eat since he arrived at Meralda, Leon had to ask for help. Moreoever, he needed pie.
    So it came to asking the closest person he bumped into in the marketplace - or at least someone who was willing to listen. A girl not that much younger than him. Her hair was a fiery red with shoes to match (was her hair actually red? Leon couldn't tell. He was too hungry to think about it).
    "Excuse me, miss," he said, albeit timidly, "but do you know where I might find the tavern?"
    He hoped he would get a good answer, because he needed a pie. Badly.

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @[member="122 Generation"];

The girl just giggled at Leon's pained look and said "It's near the temple--look for the diamond on its sign. You'll find some of the best savory pies in Kanduin, if not all Mikawa."

She gestured to a building nearby that had a glittering diamond on its sign, near where the temple's majestic spires rose into the sky. "Usually if Sir Brock is not performing in the square, he's in the tavern. But lately he seems scared about something....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Annika nodded, as she stood by him patiently waiting for whoever is to come. She ordered a mug of water at said tavern. Downing half the mug, she used half of the mugful of water as her source of entertainment. She twirled her finger around atop the mug surface and the water seemed to imitate her movement, in a circular motion.

Unknowingly, she flicked her finger upwards, as though remembering something. Her flick of the finger sent the water from the mug to splash onto the table in front of her. "Oh my goodness! Sorry!!" she squeaked as she frantically looked for a rag.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  4. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Michelle who had finally adjusted to the crowd started to wonde around. When seeing aboy and a girl talking, as she looked at something, she looked the same direction, and decides to follow the boy. Wondering if h e knew anythung about Brock

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @Lunar-Peacle;

Thankfully, the mage occupying that table didn't mind getting wet. "It's okay, love...after being in Fanyan's Great Desert all morning, that splash felt good!" he smiled. "But next time, be careful with your drink glass."

As some barmaids hurried over to wipe up the mess, the bartender arrived with a fresh water glass. "I saw the whole thing--here's a new glass, on me. Try to be careful with this one." he smiled as he returned to the counter

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Thanks to the girl's words, the 17-year old was reminded of Brock's letter and request. What a coincidence, it seemed, that he was at the tavern as well. So Brock was scared of something, as was foretold in his letter. On the other hand, he did mentally slap himself upon the girl giggling at him. Was he embarrassing himself in public already?
    "Oh wow," Leon remarked. "I didn't expect it to be this close, and so obvious."
    "I did tell you it was near the temple," the girl added. "It's a shame we haven't seen Sir Brock as of late. I sure do miss his music."

The 'Shining Diamond', as the tavern was called. At first glance, Leon had the impression that this tavern might have been overshadowed by the massive temple near it, but he supposed that - looking at the mass number of patrons gathered within - its popularity made up for it. Oh and, in his own interest, pie.
    "Thank you, miss," he said to the girl, who was only too happy to get a response.
    Smiling, Leon walked into the tavern, though when he looked behind him he could see several others follow him in from behind. Was someone following him?

The hearty atmosphere was as busy as the marketplace, if not plausibly better or worse in his opinion. Patrons gathered at the tables enjoyed their drinks and conversations, or the weary travelers stopping by for a meal.
    Leon passed by a number of barmaids who were cleaning up a table, and eventually took the seat closest to him. A table for two, it seemed, but that was fine by him as he had no one else accompanying him. A small table was what he needed, and if someone took the empty seat, he would have no objections either. He looked around for the minstrel Brock who was supposed to be here, but he couldn't see him among the busy crowd within the tavern.
    Leon also removed his hat, and signaled one of the barmaids. As she arrived, Leon greeted her with a smile.
    "I've been told you carry some the best meat pies in Kanduin," he said. "How much will it cost?"
    He still felt that notion that someone was following him, but he decided that could wait until he had had his pie. The appetizing aroma of fresh herbs was suffocating him.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @[member="122 Generation"];

"Savory pies are ten gold pieces each." the barmaid smiled as she handed Leon a menu. "They are available in beef, Combusken, fish and several varieties of game."

Though the tavern was filled with chatter and the occasional cheer if someone won big in a game of chance, the one rumor that dominated the conversation was Brock--it was so strange not to hear his voice and his instruments in the warm and inviting tavern, singing of heroes, tricksters, love lost and love found, dastardly villains, terrifying monsters, beautiful princesses, and more. What had he seen or done that had frightened him so much? Who could have frightened him this badly?, Most importantly, why had the resident minstrel been frightened so badly?

8. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    The mage fidgeted slightly, as though in apology. "Sorry again, I will be more careful with my magic next time." As she gulped down at her glass, looking at Brock. "So, I guess i should introduce myself better. I'm from Frima, and I was surprised that your message could reach me from so far away." She had been surprised when said letter had turned up in front of her door just a day ago. "I'm quite excited to see new sights and new people from around Mikawa, or so I have heard!" Her eyes were twinkling with enthusiasm, despite the atmosphere dense with worry and rumours circulating around Brock.

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Michelle ran fast to catch up on him, bunching into a few others. Eventually she decided to sit ddown, and took a deep breath,at the sudden crowd again. She only didn'y notice she sat next to the boy whom she followed earlier. 'Woo, I can drink all whole glass of water' as she finally breathed out

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Leon stared at the girl who had just suddenly occupied the only other seat at his table. At first, he didn't know how to react. She was breathing heavily, and sweat was dripping down the sides of her face. Not to mention her hair.
    He was nervous at first, and a bit speechless too. Just how was Leon supposed to interact with this girl?
    She was, to him, a stranger, and looked slightly younger than him, maybe by a year or two,
    Leon felt unnerved already.

"No wonder you'll be wanting some water..." he said slowly, and then he turned to the barmaid whilst handing back the menu to her. "I'll have a fish pie, please."
    Leon wasn't finished. Judging by the looks of the girl, she was exhausted and well out of breath.
    He looked from the girl to the barmaid, and added, "She will have a glass of water."

While the barmaid stayed standing to continue taking note of the order, Leon looked at the girl sitting next to him.
    He really was at a loss for words though.
    "I hope you don't mind if I ordered some water for you."

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @Lunar-Peacle;

Brock just smiled. "My message was able to reach you far off in the mountains because I have trained and honed the ancient magic of spellsong. But like all forms of magic, it does have its limits--you can and will tire more quickly than conventional magic without endurance training--this is because you are using your body to channel magical power, as opposed to a weapon or object. It is possible to play magic on an instrument to mimic what traditional mages do, but just playing any old song and expecting a magical effect to happen won't work--you have to name the spell you want to cast, and want the effect to happen."

He played a soft chord, conjuring a drink for himself. "Of course the one spell all magic users and minstrels have access to is the great Swanna Song. But as we are in no danger here, I see no reason to sing it."

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    She turned around, and gave a small smile. 'Thank you, ' she kinda blushed .'I am so sorry, I just sat down without asking' putting some money on the table for the water. 'My name is Michelle, whats yours?'

While she talked, she sudden relized she indeed didn'tknew the boy. Her adrenaline ,made from her a whole different person. While giving her name, she looked down, turning to hermore ususl self

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @[member="Shady Pirate"];

"Oh, no need, no need." the barmaid giggled as she waved away Michelle's coins. "Water is complementary, so please, have as much as you wish."

"If you do pay for water at all, it's not too expensive--usually ten to thirty pieces for a bottle." the barkeep smiled.

"Pay any more than that for the basic building block of life and you're getting ripped off." a warrior cautioned. "If you ever venture into the desert, take more water than you think you'll need."

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Leon smiled back at the conversation between the girl and the barmaid, as well as the barmaid modestly returning Michelle's coins. From his perspective, this girl, Michelle, was a little on edge. It helped to know that her face was partly red as well. Embarrassment, perhaps?
    Of course, the other thing was that he didn't know this Michelle at all. Suddenly self-conscious that he did just order a water for her, a stranger, Leon tried to keep calm and he looked the other way for a moment.
    Leon did look back at her after.
    "It's nice to meet you, Michelle," Leon replied. "My name is Leon."

As he talked, he noticed her gaze was mostly looking downward, as if she were calming down.
    Whilst giving her time, Leon also brought out ten gold pieces (10 G) and paid the barmaid for the pie, who took the money happily. Afterwards, Leon turned his attention to Michelle.
    "Well..." he said nervously, as he was very unsure of what to say. "What brings you here today? One moment, I take this empty table, and the next moment, someone already takes this seat. It's not everyday I get introduced to, though."
    He gave a nervous laugh to go with it. Oh, was he embarrassing himself already? Leon sure felt like that.

Oh, how much longer until he got his fish pie? That was what Leon was thinking of right now.
    He might as well heed the nearby warrior's advice of bringing water into the desert too. Wait. A desert? Did he hear that correctly? Leon sighed.

Balance: 990 G

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    (@[member="122 Generation"];--You have 990 G left)

Meanwhile, Brock continued his uneasy melody. Meloetta's quest weighed on his heart, and he knew that somewhere in the world, his message had reached four worthy adventurers. One of them was present, but where were the other three.

He suddereed at the thought of what would happen when--or if--Lysandre figured out what he was doing.

No, Brock...don't think about that. he told himself.

16. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Michelle smiled a little. 'I am here on a mission, for Mistril Brock.' Showing the letter, to the other boy. 'What about you Leon?' she asked. For some reason she felt at ease with Leon, as if he was a okay guy.
    'Have you seen him or even kknow him?' She wondered. As she put away the coins again an d nodded at the nice barmaid

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    As uncomfortable as Leon felt at first, he didn't seem to mind this girl's company now. At first, he didn't know how to respond to her, given how shy he was and that he only just met Michelle just now. But perhaps it was her humorous first impression that Leon could say a few things to her. To be fair, Leon had this table to himself earlier and she just took the seat now. Maybe it was his friendly gesture of ordering a water for her? He didn't know why he did it, but it sure felt appropriate given her exhausted circumstance.
    He thanked the barmaid also, and afterwards the latter walked away to carry about her usual business in the Shining Diamond.

But bringing up the subject of Brock allowed Leon to remember his reason for coming to Argenta. Stopping in the middle of his pie, he reached into his bag to take out the letter he received.
    "I happen to be on a mission for the minstrel Brock as well!" he exclaimed. "What a coincidence! Well, not exactly. I don't know what the mission is."
    Before Michelle could say anything, Leon went on, saying, "No, I haven't seen Brock, nor do I know him. But I just so happened to meet a girl outside earlier who told me Brock would be here in this tavern."
    Leon looked away from Michelle's eyes for a moment to glance at their table's surroundings. He couldn't see Brock, but surely someone as renowned as him shouldn't be that hard to spot?!
    "But call it a coincidence, that not exactly why I'm here in the tavern. I'm here for lunch," Leon said, whilst tapping his fish pie with his spoon. "I haven't eaten since I got off the ship at Meralda."

He admitted the pie was as delicious - he was enjoying a flavour that was out of this world. Never before has a heavenly, super-special flavour like this had been experienced!
    Upon returning his gaze to Michelle, he added, "I think I'll go look around for him once I'm done with my pie. For all I know, he might find us first!"

18. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Annika listened closely and nodded here and there. She was thinking how she could be useful to Brock when she couldn't even properly handle her powers. "I'm sure they know you to be very powerful. Especially the songs you sing. But may I ask. Who is this....Lysandre person? Back home we used to fear Cyrus, whom we think is a madman. We never speak of him. Is Lysandre someone we should fear? One who desires a world of his own ruling, like Cyrus had? "

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,857.1
    @Lunar-Peacle;

"I fear he is like Cyrus the Mad." Brock replied, playing a little to calm his nerves. "He is obsessed with beauty, and would even go so far as to destroy the world to preserve that beauty. But his heart is as black as the magic he commands."

He reminded Annika "The one lesson you must remember is that with great power comes great responsibility--a lesson Cyrus the Mad learned too late. At its heart, magic is a sacred power, granted to us by Arceus to do His will. But if it is abused or misused, it can and will consume you, as it did with both wizards."

(I imagine Cyrus was a wizard too)

20. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Michelle nodded, 'I see, I could eat something small o the market itself. so I am kinda full.' She blinked at Leon. ''You mean, You are also looking for him, that is so awesome. I mean, sure it could be a coincidence but I am sure it is not.' She smiled, having a friend, made her open up right away, and wigh her more opening up, meant also more talking. 'So, what do you think he wants from us. I mean why us, or maybe even more people.' As she checked around a t the busy tavern. 'More people should look for Brock right? From what I have read he is a legend. ' She smirked. 'A legend , a legend I admire. I have read so many book about him.' Slowing turning into a fangirl. 'I would love to meet the ministril Brock . ANd ask his autograph.' She said a lot louder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.