1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: The Song of the Elements (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @[member="Shady Pirate"];

Michelle's slightly loud declaration caused several people to stare. "If you seek the minstrel, I think he is at the adventurer's guild." a cleric apprentice offered. "But it's not the same without his music here..."

"Or his epic tales!" a warrior agreed.

One by one, the patrons present affirmed their support for their resident minstrel. "He's done so much for us, we sorely wish we could help him in return!"

"Arceus knows why he's been so frightened..."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Leon sweatdropped.
    What he hadn't counted on nor expected was the sudden outburst of conversation that came from Michelle, let alone her words. She seemed like such a timid girl at first, and now she seemed like a completely different person!
    Just when he thought he could get comfortable, and now this.
    Keep it cool, Leon. Keep it cool, he thought.

The other thing that sent a chill up his spine was Michelle's quiet characteristic had turned into fangirl-mode. That was what he expected least! Especially the part when she said she would ask for his autograph... Even Maria, his younger cousin, wasn't that type.
    It didn't help that thanks to her, he had now caught the attention of at least half the tavern (or at least, that was what it felt like). He didn't panic immediately, but was trying to suppress the 'embarrassment' he felt at the number of stares he and Michelle were receiving. Cautiously, he looked at Michelle again, hoping not to spark another burst of conversation from her again. However... he had to admit that despite that, he figured there must be a reason she had this sudden shift in conversation.
    "So he's that legendary, eh?" he said. "The locals consider him a great music player, they say. "

Leon finished up his pie, scooping up everything down to the last crumb. After swallowing, he picked up his hat.
    "What do you say we go look for him?" he asked, passing his spoon and plate to the barmaid as he waited for Michelle to respond. He added, "What books have you read about him, anyway?"
    Leon realised he might have triggered another slew of words from his female friend.

A sudden thought struck him. The girl outside told him Brock was supposed to be in the tavern, yet someone - the cleric apprentice - said Brock would be at the guild. Now, he was as confused as ever.

3. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    The girl nodded quietly. She had only seen glimpses of Cyrus through the books read to her by her mother Eira and father Fredriech. If Lysandre was this much a cause for chaos, she was starting to regret jumping the gunn of this mission unprepared.

"I guess I can help you out in this mission, sir Brock, but I am less sure about my abilities to be able to help you. You've seen how I messed up." Sheepishly, she nervously chuckled again. In all earnest, she was willing to help in anyway she can, but she also needed to fortify her powers first. Throwing her into a sea of chaos might do just the thing to awaken her potential, Fredreich had once told Eira, which Annika eavesdropped.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Michelle, nodded and walked outside. In the meantime she whispered to him. 'None' she answered him. 'I just said to get some information.' She laughed.
    While lookung up to the sky, Michelle added, 'i only have heard of him and this letter.' Still having the smile on her face. Feeling good to have a friend, that she can talk to so openly. It has been awhile, Michelle had lost many friends during her journeys. So her character changed into something she isnt't.
    'Let's see, those villagers said that way.' Michelle answered more to herself than Leo

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @Lunar-Peacle;

"It is always a good idea to hone one's training before departing on a long quest like this." Brock agreed. "There is in fact, a training ground in Vitiva to the south, but we will not travel there until the four adventurers I have called here arrive."

Then something occurred to him. "I do have an errand for you while we wait. Go to the temple and speak with the lady Joy--she has something that will prove helpful on our journey. Have you heard of an Angel Ring before?"

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Leon could only chuckle at Michelle's twisted words as they walked outside together, and leaving the tavern.
    "So you only said it to get information," he said. "Well, you got me there!"
    The two of them laughed. Leon, to be honest, felt like he hadn't smiled this much since leaving Raisu; before his young cousin Maria fell ill...
    He watched Michelle continue to look at the sky, and in that moment realised that despite her 'dynamic' personality (so he thought), she had that vibe that would make anyone smile. The same vibe that reminded him of his younger cousin, Maria...
    Despite his shyness, he was quite comfortable talking to this girl. Even if he had only just met her an hour or so ago.
    "That way, eh?" he said. "Well, I'm told Brock was elsewhere. I hear... Word has it he has been quite worried. We better see to him."

Before Michelle could reply, Leon had left her for a moment to talk to anyone nearby. It just so happened to be the same redhead he had asked for directions earlier. The girl recognised him.
    "Excuse me, my friend," he said, as he tipped his hat again. "May I ask again where might the honourable Brock would be? I've heard from a cleric - I think - who claims he's at the adventurer's guild, but you say he's at the tavern? Perhaps I may be blind, but I have no idea, to be honest."
    Leon needed better information if he wanted to know where to go next. Oh, and Michelle would need to know also.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @[member="122 Generation"];

(If you need help finding Brock, just follow your ears)

Brock decided to play a favorite tune to pass the time--"Mountain Lullaby". He had written it some years ago, and it came out his first decent attempt at composing. It always seemed to calm his younger siblings when he played it, so maybe it would calm him too. But as he played, he never let his wandering thoughts distract him from playing the melody.

Ever since he had written that tune, he had written many more airs and dances, many of which had been accepted into the standard harp repertoire. But no matter how many new pieces he wrote, his first good piece held a special place in his heart. Of course he would occasionally fix an awkward passage or tweak some of the notes, but the basic melody remained unchanged.

The peaceful melody drifted out into the bustling streets, as if assuring the concerned townsfolk he was well, and he thanked them for their kind concern.

8. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Raising a brow, but deciding that finding out herself was better a learning experience, she merely said "No, but I'll go check it out~" Excitedly, she exited said tavern and went to the temple, not even bothering to ask for directions, as she remembered she had passed by that place.

Entering the temple, she walked in cautiously, looking for Lady Joy, which she assumed was a cleric looking lady. "Excuse me, Lady Joy? I'm here on Brock's request on this, uh, Angel Ring. Do you happen to know where it is?"

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Michelle looked at Leon, who talked to another stranger, she walked towards him. Hearing the girl talk aboutthe music. She closed her eyes, ignoring every other noise of the busy market street. In a hearable wave, she a melody.
    While Michelle listened to it, she sudden felt her eyes getting wet. 'This is beautiful' she whispered.

Sshe opened her eyes again. 'Lets go Leon. To Mistril Brock'

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    "What's beautiful?" Leon whispered, hoping not to disturb Michelle's thoughts.
    But Michelle still had her eyes closed at that moment. Wait, were those tears streaming down her eyes?
    Leon breathed slowly. He wasn't anxious at all, and instead tried to approach his confusion calmly.

Was it something he can hardly hear?
    Or was it because of the violence of sound?
    Calm.
    Leon could hear it.
    "Thank you," he said to Michelle. "I'm listening."
    So Leon followed Michelle towards the sound.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @Lunar-Peacle;

The temple is a marvel to behold, with its gold trim on its marble columns and crystal spires. Inside, many of the people of Argenta are saying prayers, or asking the beautiful pink haired cleric to bless or heal themselves, their friends and family, a possession, or their Pokémon. A Chansey is off in another room, feeding a hot meal to the poor families of the city.

The ornate stained glass windows portray many scenes from tales Brock has told many times--the everyman hero Jeran and the legendary shining Ponyta Epona, Tanooki and Arceus, Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie casting a spell on a letter, Moltres, Meloetta flying around a tree, and many others.

The cleric finished blessing a Pichu before addressing Annika. "Angel Rings? I have four of them right here."

She gives you a small pillow with four silver rings with a sapphire inside. "Here you are."

12. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Looking down at the items that Lady Joy gave her, she smiled. "Thank you Lady Joy, I'll pass them to Mister Brock."

She traipsed back to the guild where Brock was waiting, still clueless about the significance about these items. "I've got them as you requested~" She placed them on the table where Brock was sitting. "Though what are they for?"

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Leon had no idea how long it took for him to follow the sound, but listening to it was worthwhile.
    The more he walked to follow the sound, the greater its crescendo was.
    In spite of the sounds around him deafening his ears, he could hear the melody as clearly as ever. It didn't matter how many people there were in his way. They couldn't divert Leon's attention from the sound.
    Oh, predictable, he thought. Where other would the sound come from other than the adventurer's guild? As Leon walked closer to the entrance, he could notice the number of faces he had attracted - particularly from girls. Holding his breath, Leon brought his hat down so as to hide his face, so no one could see him.

There was a big job bulletin board standing out amongst the guild commons, with plenty of adventurers looking at it and each picking a job that suited their skill and ability. What did impress Leon was that for every job that was taken down, someone from the guild would instantly update the board by rushing over to it and pinning five more requests on it. On the other hand, there were other adventurers gathering together as if they were preparing for a meeting or assembly. Others instead traded items and goods with one another - a practice Leon was too familiar with.

"This is impressive, I'll admit," he said. "But we have to find Brock. Right, Michelle?"
    He didn't get the immediate response he was looking for, and then Leon looked at his surroundings.
    Wait, I didn't lose her, did I? Leon thought desperately.

14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Michelle opened her eyes. 'Um Leon.' she looked around. Wondering if she really got up into the sounds to much. The crowd was busy, and she lost the hearing of the sound.
    'Now what to do.' she sighed, Michelle decided to just take a walk, she wasn't great with crowds, once she had noticed them. Passing others , trying not to take to much attention to herself.

When she finally got out of the crowd she looked again. 'Wait, this looks very familiar.' Seeing the bench she sat on, a tree, and the tavern where she met Leon. 'O come on.' Hanging her head. 'If only she listened to the lady instead of getting away in the music

She sat down, and hoping someone would help her

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @Lunar-Peacle:

"Thank you--one of them is for you." Brock smiled as he started another song.

"An Angel Ring will protect your spirits should you fall in battle. This means that as long as you wear them, you will not die from a fatal blow. Of course, should that ever occur, the clerics do know revival spells."

He decided to focus on his song, a relaxed melody that evoked the Cheri trees that bloomed in the spring.

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Now Leon felt really bad!
    He probably should have stuck with Michelle in the first place. Oh, why did he leave her? He shouldn't have! He really shouldn't have!
    But wasn't he following her in the first place? Still, as much as Leon wanted to continue to find the honourable Brock, he felt like he had abandoned his newfound friend.
    He tried to keep it cool and thought if he should keep going or if he should turn around to look for Michelle.
    No, I can't leave her like that, he thought.
    Sighing, Leon turned around and left the guild. Brock would have to wait, but at least he knew where to find Brock now.

Leon ran out only to reappear at the town square again. It was a good thing that as a former ranger for the Sapphire Bay Company, he needed to have certain locations memorised.
    But trying to find an individual in a crowd of people? Good luck. It was extremely painful.
    She could be anywhere! Or maybe I was too fast for her? Leon thought.
    He decided to head in the direction of the tavern where he first met her. Michelle couldn't have gotten that far behind him, right?
    "Michelle!" he cried. "Michelle!"
    It didn't matter how many faces stared at him, as they only looked at him for moments before they carried on about their business. If Michelle could hear him, that would be nice.

17. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    When ashley got the message she teleported herself to argenta through teleportation Crystal. She walked out of the building where she was teleported and now she was standing between crowd in town square. She knew she was late, so she wanted to reach brock as soon as possible. To get information about brock, she decided to go to tavern.

18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    In the faint distance she heard ehr name. 'Leon?' She called bzack, 'Leon?' She called again. Running t o where she heard her name. Through the crowd. Seeing he new friend standing. She smioed. 'You came back for me. Im so happy' she bowed down. 'Sorry for that you had to come back for me'

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    @Pokemist:

The Shining Diamond was one of the busiest taverns in the region, filled with travelers, adventurers and merchants of every stripe swapping stories from the road or rumors from across the world as they enjoyed a hot meal and the many beers, wines, and ales on offer.

At first, the rumors don't seem too promising as to a lead as to why the minstrel of Argenta would become so frightened-- a cleric has spent all his wealth on magical weapons and armor; the labyrinth known as "The Wing" is haunted by the ghosts of dragons; and the barkeep is especially happy about a rumor that an elven caravan is expected to arrive, carrying the finest ales and mulled wines ever produced.

Just then, an elven warrior passes on an intriguing rumor: "The trees have said that the wizard Lysandre seeks the Celestial Harp of Rainbows to raise an undead army."

20. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Annika took one and grinned back. "Thank you, mister Brock!" She started to observe the Angel rings. "Ooh, beautiful things they are~~just like those ice crystals Mother makes sometimes~~" She was probably getting a lot of stares by now, rather oblivious about it. Even though she herself had a rod with blue crystals, these rings had a certain charm to it that she felt that was ethereal. Probably the fact that it also held strong power to revive from a fallen state? "But why do we need to resurrect the fallen? Doesn't Death choose its many pieces at its will?" She was probably unaware that this was going to be a touchy subject. But as far as things went, she knew for sure death was absolute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.