1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon breeding

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Morgaine, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The last few gens have made breeding significantly easier for people that want to get into it. But people often still say it is a confusing endeavor. Do you breed Pokémon?

I myself consider myself to be a Pokémon Breeder. I like to breed and get those perfect IV Pokémon with a beautiful Ball combo and lovely egg moves. Not to mention that I am a huge fan of Matsuda method breeding as it is the best way for me to get a good shiny.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have done a lot of breeding for IVs over the last few games. It's been a while now but I might get back into it, so yeah I do breed my Pokémon, just not currently.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I agree with marine. Ever since gen 6, breeding has been my niche. I can breed anything someone may want and even get a shiny or two during the process. I feel that breeding is so easy to get into and is definitely worth while.

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    If I breed, it isn't for competitive or anything. I'm not even in the scene. It's mostly just to fill up my Pokédex, train up a baby team, get a Pokémon for someone, or get a hidden ability. Otherwise, I don't really consider myself one.

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Breeding's definitely been pretty fun. The new stuff like egg moves, Masuda, Habs and other little tidbits keep it interesting for hobbyists.

I like to breed shinies and egg moves. IVs seem a little more complicated and out of my wheelhouse.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've considered myself a breeder since Gen 5 where I started then everything changed and made things much easier which I can't complain about. I love breeding. I really like breeding up good pokémon more than actually using them at times and I have breeding stock dating back from gen 4 , I especially like breeding pokémon in rare balls and of course with all the perfect IVs they need too.

7. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I started breeding in Gen 5 but did not get serious until Gen 6 and have been breeding egg moves and 5-6IV Pokémon for competetive. I have gotten away from it recently, but it is really fun for me. Breeding for shinies is really awesome especially when they have great IVs and natures!

8. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    Like a few here I started in Gen V, getting "serious" about it in Gen VI which introduced a lot of novelties (the most catching for me, balls), I remembered opening a few Breeding Shops here and there so it quickly became an habit for me to always be breeding something, up to now most of my in-game hours were spent cycling around and hatching eggs xD all games except US in the 999:99 hours.
    It can get tiring at times yes, but doing it while you watch something make the deal way easier.
    But the best part imo is helping people and making friends, I got really close to amazing people over the course of the years I have been in this. <3

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I love being able to help out people and exchange cool pokes that I bred myself. Feels like I am contributing to the fandom as a whole by doing that.

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I breed a lot of Pokémon actually. Not only for getting Pokémon with good IV's and Natures, but I also shiny hunt using MM. I think breeding is the best way to get a shiny! Well, other than chain fishing.

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I only recently started breeding in gen VI. Nothing too series, I just wanted to have a perfect female Eevee to go along with my fanfiction I was writing. It took a year of breeding and 10 perfect males before I finally got one. By the end of it, I burned myself out. I did like it though and do plan on returning to do some more series breeding in the future.