1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Cardlocke ruleset

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Nova Ozuka, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    1. Build a deck of random Pokémon cards and shuffle them.

2. Draw a card before each encounter and do the following for the card
    • Energy Card: find a Pokémon with a type represented by that energy.Example: Grass-Type cards represent Grass, Bug, and Poison Types.
    • Trainer: Battle a trainer (if possible, redraw if not). You must find a Pokémon that either matches the Type of their first Pokémon. Optionally, catching the same Pokémon can be considered a “Critical Hit.”
    • Pokémon: Find a Pokémon with a type that is represented by the type on the card OR the Pokémon on the card. Catching the Pokémon on the card is considered a Critical Hit.
    3. Critical Hits allow you to draw again, if desired. This is to compensate for not being guaranteed an encounter for every draw.

Notes: It is recommended that you do this with a randomizer. Some fangames and hacks have one built in, like Pokémon Infinite Fusion and Pokémon Insurgence.

I came up with this idea when I saw Shadypenguinn's Radical Red Dicelocke.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I thought Poison was represented by Psychic in the TCG, but it's represented by Grass. Also, the meta is likely going to be Delta Species and Dark Pokémon from Team Rocket Returns. Delta Species Pokémon have unusual types, and I even have a Delta Meowth that's both Dark and Steel, and the newer Darks from Team Rocket Returns also seem to be dual-typed. Prioritizing Pokémon over Energy would also be ideal