1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Can't think of any other matters that need discussing..." Brock mused.

"Is there anything else YOU want to discuss?" Misty asked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa looked at all her notes before answering. "I, uh, think I'm good. I feel pretty confident about this now. Thanks for all the help and everything, I'll send you and invite if I need anything else."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Move on to the next day?)

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Absolutely, let's go.)

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

The next day, a Thursday, dawned a little cloudy. Many of the students paid no mind that Monday was soon to come.

But for Alyssa, an envelope with a Pikachu sticker and an envelope with a Fennekin sticker were waiting in the dropbox on the door.

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was surprised to see the envelope arrive so quickly. Clearly it was from both Ash and Serena. She opened the envelope and read the letter that was inside.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(actually, there are two separate letters--I'll assume Alyssa read Ash's first)

Dear Alyssa,

I heard about your first filmed promo you showed Misty and Brock yesterday.
    Ash's letter began in his scritchy yet readable writing. After taking a look at it myself, I will agree with a lot of what they said--you do a lot of things right, and there are some things that are rough around the edges, but I won't waste your time by repeating what they have already told you.

I will, however, give you a few more do's and don'ts to keep in mind for any kind of promo:

--Remember that your main goal is to connect with the audience by appealing to senses and emotions. Regardless of how you release the promo, tell a story that could easily be their story.
    --Keep information to a minimum! Too much info will overwhelm your audience, and they will likely change the channel. So KISS--Keep It Simple, Silly!
    --A promo is not a research paper, so try not to make it sound too formal. On the other side of the coin, be careful with slang, as well.
    --Idol promos are unique in that we are not so much promoting a product or service as much as we are promoting our talents. Promos that are so focused on telling a joke or inspirational story can end up missing the mark because they forget to connect the joke or story to us, and our talents.

Ash's letter went on for another page elaborating on his points and reiterating that he was available to talk about it one on one if she wished.

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The letter reminded Alyssa of a few things the Kimono Girls told her. She put it on the table and opened up the letter with the Fennekin sticker on it, this one from Serena.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

Hi, Alyssa--I watched your promo, and as I'm sure my unitmates have told you, you did a lot of things very well. Serena's letter began. But there were also some things that need to be worked on. I'll just add my two credits to the discussion with some more advice and tips:

--If you are giving things out (we like to call tangible items that are given away and gifts "feelies"), decide far in advance who is going to get your feelies. Are they just simple trinkets for everyone to take (ie. business cards, pens, pencils, notepads, etc.) or are they bigger items only given out to the first few hundred people? Will copies of your single or album be part of your feelies? If so, who gets those?

--Don't have too many types of feelies--I know it is tempting to have everything but the kitchen sink when it comes to official merchandise. But it's better to have a few specific things than a ton of things that end up being wasted.

--Make your feelies stand out. Everyone and their Rockruff gives out pens, erasers, keychains, notepads, and bouncy balls, but people are likely to remember you and use the feely more if it is unique.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa, never one to take any advice too seriously, put all of the advice she got into the back of her mind. It was only one and a half days till her big performance and she should get to promoting quickly. She threw some ideas around in her head. "I think heading over to the studios to get my upcoming songs known on the radio. Then maybe get some TV ads going..." Her confidence pretty high, she headed out into the village.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

By the same token, don't include everything but the kitchen sink in a radio or TV spot. Serena's next tip cautioned. Know what you want your message to be, and stick with it.

The campus square was relatively quiet for a Thursday morning, and a light breeze rippled the paper with Serena's writing on it.

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa knew exactly what she wanted her message to be. She wanted to make people get a excited for her performance and wanted to make it as staight and to the point as possible. Going into the radio tower, Alyssa had a ton of butterflies in her stomach, but she shook them off and headed towards the Red 98 studios.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"May I help you?" the receptionist at the Red 98 front desk asked.

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Um, yes, I'm looking to promote one of my new songs and looking for someone to point me in the right direction in regards of where to go." Alyssa was clearly nervous, you could hear it in her voice.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Advertising and Promotion is down the hall, second door on the right." the receptionist replied. "What kind of promotion would you like to do?"

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I was planning on making a couple commercials and blending them together into a montage that's straight, to the point, but also exciting."

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"I'll let the chief of promotions know, and reserve a studio for your shoot." the receptionist replied. "Expect a call from him sometime today about scheduling a face to face meeting about your promo."

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa noted this down in her notebook and scratched out most of her afternoon plans for the day. "Thank you so much. I'll be looking forward to recording here very soon." She was still stumbling over her words.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    "If you need anything, just let us know." the receptionist smiled as she gave Alyssa a business card. "Here is the chief of promotions' contact information."

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa gladly took the note before going on her way. The day was still young, so she decided to grab a quick cup of tea to help loosen her up. off she went back into the village.