1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Well, I'm definitely up for trying new stuff, but with a more contemporary touch to it," Martine said. "Is that a cardigan I see?! Oh, maybe I'll try one of these dresses!"

The price tag did not make Martine feel any better though. "On second thought, maybe I'll drop by another day. I'm good with what I have for now. But rest assured, I'll be back if I can!"

Soon enough, Martine made a dash out of Cosmic Dreamer and went to get herself a cup of sirop de grenadine at a nearby side café.

(And that's another cameo done!)

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

After leading the group on, Brock led the group inside the next brand's shop. "This is the shop for Phoenix Power, a Passion and Power brand." he explained. "Inspired by the Pokémon Moltres, this brand incorporates ruffles, feathers, and fire motifs into its designs. While reds, oranges, yellows, and other 'fiery' colors are dominant here, that's not to say they don't have some cooler colors."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    It was inside this shop that Alyssa saw the most beautiful costume that she had ever layed her eyes on. The accessories the costume had complimented each other perfectly, like nothing she'd ever seen before. Like the winds of a hurricane, everything about the combo completely blew her away. She inquired with but three simple words.

"What...is that?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"This is Phoenix Flare, our costume spotlight this month." an employee explained as Alyssa gawked at the beautiful sparkling orange, yellow and red costume. "It's meant to evoke the flames as Moltres rises anew from the ashes."

5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa buzzed in the all important question.

"What's the design history of this costume? I trust it's quite long and detailed."

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"I wouldn't call it long and detailed, but it is interesting." the employee began. "It began life as a theatrical costume, which was worn any time a director wanted to portray Moltres as a live actor, rather than a puppet. One of our designers found it for sale in Alola's Konikoni City, bought it, and brought it here to be reworked into an idol costume--which you see before you on display."

Just then, Brock noticed a crowd forming around a stage outside. "Oh hey! Ash is gonna perform his newest hit, 'Long Night', which is used as the theme song for the 80's inspired sitcom 'Azure Heights.' I'm pretty sure he's gonna guest star on an episode to formally debut the song."

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa looked back at the stage and decided she had just enough time to buy this costume.

"I see. Also, I noticed that this is the only one here, so is it safe to say that this costume is expensive? Or is it just that glamorous to look at that people just get mesmerized by its beauty and completely forget they wanted to buy it in the first place? I may be interested in buying this depending on the answer."

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"It is one of our more expensive outfits, but that is because it is so new." the employee replied. "It may be worth it to wait for a sale."

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa did some quick math in her head before making a remark back.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll come back when there's a sale on my own time and purchase this costume. You seem like a kindred spirit, you make sure the costume stays in good shame, m'kay?"

(Alyssa can come back on her own time, right?)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(Of course--Brock's only giving you a tour for now--since Ash is doing a promotion, Vocals will not meet today.)

The plaza's center square started to come alive with wildfire red lightsticks as Ash's fans waited for the stage to come alive in light, color, and sound.

Finally, the bright synth in G and synth drums that served as the song's backbone started playing, making the crowd roar as Ash came dancing onto the stage, wearing a striking red, gold, and white costume. Why, must you be all alone tonight? he sang.
    Time...is just another friend by your side if you believe...

After a stinger, he sang So I could tell you all about it!
    But you have got to get around it!
    Don't even think about regretting!
    It's gonna feel all right!

The crowd joined in with Ash on the song's simple chorus. We are in for a long night,
    For a long night,
    We are in for a long night,
    For a long night,

For a long night,
    For a long night...

(the real song)

11. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Excellent.)

Alyssa, despite being on the far edge of the shops, she had a really great view of the performance, and she was also enjoying and singing aloud while swaying to the music with every beat and nailing every single note.

"Wow, it's happening again."

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

You...are free to go wherever you want... Ash started the second verse of the song.
    Just...remember how they used to have fun--oh, they had fun!

The crowd joined in for the rest of the verse. So I could tell you all about it!
    But you have got to get around it!
    Don't even think about regretting!
    It's gonna feel all right!

For a long night,
    For a long night,

For a long night,
    For a long night...

As the recorded synth band broke off to solo, Ash proceeded to perform a high jump, releasing a burst of flames and fiery music notes. As he rotated in the air mid jump, he seemed to resemble the Pokémon Moltres.

[Ash used the Jump Star Power Rising Phoenix!]

#272 Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa was looking on, looking quite intent of matching what Ash was doing.

I was really expecting something a slight bit more fiery like I saw at a live performance when I was younger, but this is just as nice and entertaining. Call me crazy, but I think I can pull that off, if not do better than this, but I'd be satisfied with just matching it. This looks like it takes a lot of practice to even remember how to do it, much less perform it in front of a crowd."

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

After landing on the ground, Ash unleashed a wave of red light, flames, and sparkles as he led the chorus again:

For a long night,
    For a long night,

For a long night,
    For a long night...

After finishing the song with one last rendition of We are in for a long night!, the crowd roared with applause. While some were impressed that Ash could use two Star Powers in the same song, Brock just assured them "While you are correct when you say that an idol typically uses only one Star Power per song, and some more skilled ones can use two or three, the most I've heard a single idol use in one song was six."

He went on "That said, it is not unheard of for a unit to use multiple Star Powers in a single song--one for each member, and maybe a group Star Power."

[Ash used the Star Power Dancing Flame!)

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Don't forget to put your heart into it; if you don't put your heart into it, your performance will be bland and the crowd will let you know what they think of bland performances. Also, be sure to nail every single note and move to every beat, it'll raise the enthusiasm of the entire arena, or whatever building you're in. Practice makes perfect after all, doesn't it?"

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

Brock smiled. "That's right."

He motioned for the class to move on as Ash started a new song...

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa went slightly ahead of the group and saw something that caught her eye. She saw an employee in the next shop wearing something, but it wasn't a costume, but more of an accessory. She had clearly seen seen it before, but couldn't pin down what it was.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(We could say it is part of a costume)

"Here is Miracle Colors." Brock went on. "It is an Angelic and Heroic brand-- inspired by bold colors and elegant designs, this brand aims to create a look that exudes beauty and mystery."

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Gotcha.)

Alyssa walked up to the employee wearing the accessory and inquired them.

"Excuse me, I have that exact same accessory on another one of my costumes. Pray tell, could you inform me of what it is? I bought this from a shop in my hometown, & it's extremely popular there and was wondering if it was almost as popular over here."

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(what does the accessory look like?)