1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Well, it looks like it's my turn. Let's see what we get." Alyssa said, hopefully.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"Okay..." Brock looked over Alyssa's sheet. "A minstrel is a Charisma based class, but high wisdom and dexterity will help as well. Hakun make great minstrels--they also have keen senses and charm resistance like an elf, swift speed, swift swim, and magical breathing. Hakun can wield one handed swords--including rapiers--bows, and the Hakun exclusive water whip.

After generating Alyssa's stats, he reported. "Now...you have 11 strength, 14 dexterity, 13 resolve, 12 intelligence, 14 wisdom, and 16 charisma. Are you happy with those, or do you want to reroll any of them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "That sounds really good and really talented. I'll take it for sure." Alyssa was eally satisfied with her character.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

After entering Alyssa's stats into his database, Brock went on. "Okay...you start with Song of Water and Song of Ice innately as a Hakun, plus one other elemental song of your choice. You also start with the skill Swanna Song innately as a Hakun. You also have your choice of some performance skills based on your preferred instrument."

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Holy Aura... Hero's Light... and Sense Evil..." Martine recited. "I'll try to remember that."

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @122 Generation @Sugar

"This is also a good point to give your character a name and some backstory." Misty explained. "It doesn't have to be anything long, just a little something that explains what your character is like, and their motivations for going on adventures.

"If you need name ideas, I have a handy name generator." Ash adds. "Just tell me what your character's race is, and I'll generate some name ideas for you."

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I think I'll need to use the name generator cause my creativity is lacking quite a bit. I'll be fine with any name I get and I'll try to make it work."

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"Hakun names have a Gaelic or Romantic sound to them, according to in game lore." Ash explained. "This keeps with their names sounding melodic. I'll try to give you ideas that are easy to spell and easy to pronounce."

With that, he tapped "GENERATE" on DungeonNav's name generator "Chania...Nerissa...those are the only two in this batch that are easily spelled and pronounceable."

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "I think Nerissa would be the best option for me here." Alyssa wasn't too sure about her decision, but it was clearly the best choice.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

"You still need to pick one more elemental song and what Perform skills you have." Brock reminded Alyssa. "If you need to know what your choices are, I can list them."

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Hmm... Well I know my character will be called Laurent..." Martine said as she dove deeper into her fantasy. She thought about her two co-workers, including Laurent, and how they would make a nice pair.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

(if you're curious, you have a human ranger, a human runeblade, an elven wizard, and an elven rogue in the party with you guys

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Alyssa will try and figure that out soon.)

Once again, Alyssa was drawing a complete blank, so she requested to choose from a list of names. Probably something to her liking would come up.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(I'm confused--does Alyssa need character names or skill names?)

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (The latter. Don't think she's chosen one yet.)

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(I think we agreed on Nerissa, but correct me if I'm wrong.)

"In addition to Song of Water and Song of Ice, you can pick one more elemental song and a defensive song as your starting skills." Brock explains. You also can pick up to two Perform skills on top of the Perform Song all minstrels start with."

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (We did, Alyssa was having trouble picking her skill names, which is why she required a list.)

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

(Okay--I wasn't sure.)

"Of the remaining elemental songs, you can pick Earth, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Light, or Stars." Brock explains. "Defensively, you can pick a buffing or a debuffing song, since you can get a healing song in Song of Light or Song of Water.

He went on. "In addition to Perform Song, you can pick an instrument and one other performance skill--Perform Dance, Perform Storytelling, Perform Acrobatics, or Perform Comedy."

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa hummed as her choices were listed off. She saw some that fit her, but which one would fit her the best? "I think I'll choose Wind from the remaining elemental songs and I'll take a violin for my instrument and Perform Storytelling for my performance skill."

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @Sugar

Brock looked over the list of valid instruments. "Perform Fiddle is a valid minstrel skill."

He smiled. "You'll find Perform Storytelling can be a very versatile skill."

"If you have your stats rolled and starting skills ready, next is deciding what you want your starting inventory to be." Serena went on. "Unlike Chambers and Charizards, you are not limited or penalized in how much you can start with, provided the items make sense for your class.

"At the very least, get a weapon, some armor, and maybe a shield." Ash agreed.