1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa hummed, very curiously. A weapon, armor, and a shield could prove to be very useful in the long run. She poked around some ideas in her head for a little, but first requested for some examples to see what she could choose.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Hakun tend to favor lightweight weapons." Brock explained. "Which works well for a minstrel--a one handed sword or a bow world work best. You can also use your instrument as a weapon by using your perform instrument skill to play any of the elemental songs you know."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Would a bow and an instrument work just as fine when it comes to weapons? I really want to keep things as simple as possible."

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

Brock checked the Game Master Manual for a moment. "That is a valid setup, according to the chapter on minstrels."

5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Oh, that would be perfect for my chaacter to use then." It wasn't the best combination, but something told Alyssa it would be extremely effective.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

After everyone had finished filling out their character sheets, Brock looked over the final party setup. "Okay...we have a human ranger, an elven paladin, a human runeblade, an elven wizard, a Hakun minstrel and an elven rogue as our party."

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    It was a very diverse group, with very unique charateristics coming from each character. Alyssa wasn't really sure how this would turn out, but what she did know is that this would be one interesting adventure.

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation @Sugar

"Let's have you guys introduce your characters to me before we begin." Brock suggested. "Remember, backstories don't have to be very long, but if yours is on the lengthy side, just hit the highlights."

"Anyone?" Serena looked for volunteers.

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa's hand went up almost immediately. She had come up with a particularly interesting backstory for her character and wanted everyone to hear about it.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

"Okay, Alyssa--the table is yours." Brock smiled.

"Remember, if it's on the long side, hit the highlights." Misty reminded her.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Martine smiled. She had been thinking about her character's backstory for a while, but also wanted to hear what Alyssa had in store.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

(If Brock gets no volunteers for something, he will pick someone, and then the order goes from that person's right)

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Alright, before I begin, I would like to mention that my character is slightly based off of a real life friend of mine from my hometown." Alyssa wasn't exatly sure where to behin on Sayo's backstory, so she went from her very humble beginnings, how she wanted to be a star from the very first day she started training. Another point she wanted to make was her extremely competitive mindset, how she treated everything like a war. As a final point, her willingness to do nearly anything if it meant meeting her goal was a huge thing for her.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(I'll assume the character alignment is neutral good, okay?)

Brock nodded in approval. "Nice..." he mused as he entered Sayo's information in his character database. "Who's next? If no one volunteers, we'll go around from the right."

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I'll go next." Martine added. "My character is based off of one of my friends at work."

Martine briefly explained Laurent's backstory as a tavern server, but was called into paladin training at some point in his life. Because of this, he didn't have time to spend with his lovely friend, but he promised to come back to her when the campaign was over.

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

(Paladins are always lawful good in both Chambers and Charizards and Wayfarer)

Brock entered Laurent's information into his database. "Anyone else?"

The rogue's player got up next. "My character's name is Edea Moonrunner, a neutral good elven rogue. She was due to enter the priesthood, but seeing the many people that suffered under corrupt nobles saddened her, and so she became an elven Robin Hood figure. While she does not have a complete disdain for the law, she only steals from those that skirt it.

"Interesting..." Brock smiles.

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "How curious." Alyssa commented. Once again, she wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but it would be more than interesting to find out.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar @122 Generation

The ranger's player was next to volunteer. "My character is Tristan Silverant, a neutral good human ranger. After hearing some worrying rumors in town, he decided to seek out others fighting for the same cause."

"Okay..." Brock entered the character's information into his database.

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The backstory count was up to four, if Alyssa had everything added up correctly. She still had questions on when or where this adventure would even begin, but that was a question best left unanswered until the backstories were done.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(There's two more and then we'll get going.