1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa played a quick, somber note on her flute to break the silence. She really, really didn't want to hear the story again, but it looked like she had no choice this time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

Brock seemed to note Alyssa's unease, as he played a gentle D chord to match the D note she had played. "Some of you have likely heard this already, but it is worth repeating as a cautionary tale as to what can happen when a show goes too far."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "Ay ay ay. I better prepare my brain for this one, cause my mental state will be called into question after this if I don't. Just take a deep breath and you'll be fine, I promise." Alyssa took a deep breath in and prepared her ears once more for the story.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

"The reason for my Penalty Stunt was simple enough--flubbing the words to a song I obviously knew." Brock explained. "Since I was a 'good sport' and owned up to my mistake, I was given a choice of Penalty Stunts--eating very spicy curry or the heat chamber. Thinking the heat chamber would be mildly enjoyable compared to the cold studio, that's what I decided to do."

5. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "So it begins" Alyssa quietly said in her mind, knowing all to well what was to come next. She hoped that she wouldn't hear what she heard last time in such meticulous detail. There was nothing to fear about the story, or so she hopes...

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

"Initially, I was supposed to be in there for about 15 minutes--just enough to start feeling uncomfortable." Brock explains over a somber melody. "Eventually they forgot--although whether or not they really forgot or they willingly chose to leave me in there longer than the agreed time is debatable--I was in there until I was nearly crying for someone--anyone--to let me out of there."

Gasps filled the room, even from those that had heard the tale before. "By the time I finally was let out 45 minutes later, I was Corphish red, and rushed to the hospital in case I received third degree burns. " Brock went on over a frantic melody. "Thankfully, I only had first degree burns and one small second degree burn on my left arm, but my management team, Misty, and Ash all agreed that I not go back on there again."

7. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "A very unfortunate fate indeed. But fortunately, there were no casualties, for the time being that is." A half-sinister / half-joyful tune escaped Alyssa's flute once Brock's story was over. The story wasn't as meticulously detailed as Alyssa had thought it would be, but she was glad it wasn't so.

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

(Brock's not quite done yet--he still has a little left.)

9. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Very well. Continue on then.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

"I found out later that a trio of female idols were almost killed in their equally infamous cold chamber, and they ended up suing Clover Network over it." Brock went on as his song turned hopeful. "Then more idols came forward talking about how they were nearly cooked or chilled, and I joined in to talk about my ordeal."

After playing a hopeful flourish, he concludes "Needless to say, both chambers were retired as a result of the lawsuit and trial, and will never be used again. Clover Network paid all of us 2.5 million credits apiece, and warned the 'Lucky Lucky Mystery' team not to knowingly harm or humiliate any guest. To this day, there are still some that think that isn't enough, and want 'Lucky Lucky Mystery' canceled for good."

He tells the class "I tell you this story so you guys don't end up a casualty of their fondess for pushing the envelope, like I very nearly was."

11. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa played her joyfully sinister tune on her flute as the story came to a close. She was equally happy at the ending of the story as she was hearing it described in slightly more detail.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

Some mild applause went up at the story's end. "Now, this is not to say you should never ever go on a variety show or game show." Brock cautioned. "Far from it...but you should be careful about which ones to go on. You'll learn more in Communications later today, but I'll give you a sneak peek now."

13. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "We never had any sneak peeks at my old academy, just a quick summary of what we were to learn in the next class if the topics connected. So let's hope that this sneak peek is a good one, otherwise I'll be really disappointed." That said, Alyssa gripped her pencil once again as to not miss any important information.

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

"As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid going on the shows that are after 10 PM--those shows can typically get away with more due to their late timeslot." Brock explained. "But they too are subject to the Rule, like everything else on TV.

He went on "You should also avoid shows with pushy hosts, producers, and directors--staff should not force you into doing something that is illegal or unethical. You have the right to say no, so use it!"

15. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    "As a rule of thumb, I avoid staying up after 10 PM. You don't sleep during the day, you sleep at night. Besides, better things happen in real life, not in your dreams cause you can actually control what happens in your life most of the time. Just a word from the wise, so thank you whoever taught me that."

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    Brock nodded in agreement. "Some not-so-ethical managers and producers may even go so far as to intimidate you in hopes of keeping you quiet--but you should not have to bow to their demands. You'll learn about some idols that were whistleblowers if you take an ethics class."

17. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa played a long, low note in response. "Now that is a term you'll never hear twice in the same day, but noted, that is very solid advice and I believe I speak for everyone when I say this. Wtitten down both physically and mentally."

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Sugar

(Ready to go on to Vocals?)

19. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Absolutely, let's go.)

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    The Vocals classroom hummed with anticipation--Ash was going to teach the group the song they would be performing on "Kiramekirari". Exactly what song this was, Ash would not reveal until class began, so speculation ran rampant.