1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Pokemon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Toxic, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    New footage has been released for the new movie "Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" coming out in Japan (not yet announced if it's getting a worldwide release).

Personally I think it's cool I like the 3D models for the Pokémon, but I'm thinking the models for the people are a bit rough and look like plastic figurines or clay.

What are your thoughts on the trailer? Do you see them releasing this worldwide? Do you think maybe the movie will be good even with the clay/plastic figurine looking people?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Part of me is glad that their experimenting Pokémon franchise and trying out new art styles. However, I really think they should be doing something new and not what appears to just be an unnecessary remake of the first Pokémon move. I'm going to do my best to withhold judgement on this movie until it comes out, but so far the only thing I like is the new art style (although I agree the people look a bit off).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Toxic and WavePearl like this.
  3. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    When I first saw it I thought of Robot Chicken

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I agree--Ash, Misty, and Brock look like toys!

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Yikes, this looks awful. The human characters in particular have very ugly designs and their textures look like crap. Like others have mentioned above, they look like they're made of plastic. The Pokémon are okay I guess.
    Definitely giving this one a miss. At least I have Detective Pikachu to look forward to this year.

6. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    The Pokémon in Detective Pikachu look derpy as hell and I am so excited for it