1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Pokemon Zeta Random Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Getus, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Welcome to my Journal for my random nuzlocke adventure through the fan game, Pokémon Zeta!

The rules of this locke are;

1. My starter is based on my player id. If it ends in 1,2 or 3 I must choose the first starter from the left. If it ends in 4,5 or 6 then I must choose the middle starter and if it ends in 7,8 or 9 then I must choose the starter on the left. Finally if the ID ends with a 0 I get to choose my starter.
    2. If a Pokémon faints, they are dead. No revives.
    3. Only one Pokémon of each type can be on my team at a time, so I cannot have two primary fire types. But if the second fire type is a secondary fire type, meaning if it's, say, Bug/Fire instead of Fire/Bug then I can have it with another fire type.
    4. I have two attempts, if my full party faints I can make a new team from reserves in the box, but if that new team faints then my locke is over.
    5. I have ONE mulligan in the event of an early Dragon Rage. This means if i encounter a Dragon Rage before the first gym, where I will only have around 2-3 low level Pokémon, then I can revive them. This can only happen once, if I lose the team to any move OTHER than Dragon Rage, then I refer to rule 4 (which would mean my locke would be over because I wouldn't have reserves).

And we. Are. Off!

Starter Choice

All I can say... thank god they let you type your name, makes things so much quicker. I've had to redo the intro so many times because I keep saying no to the challenge run xD

My trainer ID ends with the number 3, so my starter will be the one on the left. But to make me cry, because why else would you be reading this other than to see me fail and weep, I am going to look at what I could have gotten. Starting from the right!

Okay, not too bad. Not gonna cry over losing it

Next up, the middle starter!

DAMN IT! I LOVE HAXORUS! I am saddened, what a way to counter those early D-Rushes than one of my own. Anyway moving onto my actual choice it is.....

SALAMANCE!!!! HA HA! SCREW YOU EARLY RUSH! I'll... probably still mess this up some how, but anyway considering I have a dragon type that will most likely know D-Rush, I am nulling the rule for the early mulligan, because I have a counter.

I hereby present to you, Sally the Salamance (Note: Thank you Wolf Expert for the name), and Sally's set up is the following spoiler

Sally the Salamance
    Quiet Nature
    Capable of Taking Hits
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moveset: Rage
    Bite
    Leer
    Headbutt

Okay... So I was wrong about Dragon Rage. Buuut I'll keep the rule null, because it's still a tanky Salamance. (31 IV's in Defense alone)

And got the Pokéballs! So I've a question, I've always started a nuzlocke after I got the Pokéballs but recently I've been informed that it's actually when you get the Pokédex that the locke starts, is this true? Let me know, but for this nuzlocke I'll be starting the nuzlocke now. And I've got a trainer battle now, here we goooo!

He sends out a Trubbish, Sally should handle this well. I hope.. Trubbish can't learn explosion can it? Please tell me no, I'm scared now.

Doesn't matter, three bites with the first two flinching gets me the win. Sally is a literal beast! Wooo!

Zaviar Town

Met my rival, he's called Jake... I think. I don't know, didn't pay attention to him. He apparently has swag, so he's non-existent to me from now on beyond being a punching bag for Sally.

Got my Pokédex, now the game begins.

Route 301

Time for my first encounter! And it is....

Not a bad Pokémon, catch rate is probably gonna suck though so time to waste all my pokeballs. Although I think it'll be worth it.

BOOM. AND IT'S CAUGHT

Took all of Sally's rages and about 5 Pokeballs but Armaldo is mine.

I nicknamed it Amarillo (thank you warriorseadra, yeah if you can't guess I'm bad with names)

Amarillo the Armaldo
    Lonely nature
    Sturdy Body
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Moveset: Scratch
    Harden
    Mud Sport
    Water Gun

Not a bad Pokémon, anyway with that I'm signing off! Thanks for reading thus far!

• Sally the Salamander is my starter
    • Won first battle
    • Met rival
    • Got Pokeballs/Dex
    • Caught Amarillo the Armaldo

Sally
    Amarillo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Looking good, Amarillo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have always heard that Lockes do not start until you get the Pokeballs, as you often get them later than the dex.

Looking good so far, Getus.

4. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Salamance at the start. SALAMANCE. AT. THE START.

Psuedo at the start is pretty good. Just look out for ice types, of course...

5. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Route 301 cont.

Well it's time for my first real trainer battle. And his first Pokémon is a level 5 Volcarona. Should be easy, don't think Volcarona knows any good moves this early, although it did have flame body sooo that's rough. I beat it, but Sally is weak and his next Pokémon is a Forretress... Explosion is a worry.

To deal with this I'll send out Amarillo as he will be able to take it I hope, and if not it's not as big of a loss as Sally is. It had Bug Bite, and it destroyed Amarillo. Luckily, knowing I wouldn't be able to save Amarillo, I healed up Sally so she should be able to clean up. But my first death so early. This'll be rough....

IT HAD SELF DESTRUCT. WHAT. IN. THE. HELL.

Sally was half health.. Self Destruct was used on Sally at half health....
    AND SHE LIVES! Sally tanked that, and lived. A rough first battle, but I did it. Now to get through the rest of this route to my next encounter...

Summary of Route 301

• Second trainer had a Beldum, easily dealt with and a Vanillite.. which was trouble. Left Sally with 9 HP.
    • Final Trainer had a HootHoot, a Machamp and a Misdreavus. Sally wrecked as usual.

Naragex Forest

Time for a new encounter, and it will not meet the same fate as Amarillo. I swear this. GOD. DAMN. HAXORUS. I LOVE IT, HAXORUS IS MY FAVOURITE DRAGON TYPE AND HE WILL BE MINE! Oh sweet god that capture rate will be low, won't it?

..Dragon Rage.
    It hit. It smashed into Sally. Sally's HP dropped. It dropped to 1... Nuzlocke was almost over to the move I feared the most. I wasn't even going to risk another D-Rage so instead of going for a capture, I finished Haxorus with a bite. I'm terrified of this Forest now, because after healing I encountered a Sceptile. Forest of monsters this is!

Onwards!

Summary of Naragex Forest

• Battled an Old Man after breaking into his house and stealing his Pokéball. The battle involved Salamance vs Hydreigon.. Shiiit. Sally was able to win, luckily the AI decided not to use Dragon Rage allowing me the win... which i feel bad for. I just ended this old mans last Pokémon after stealing his stuff and breaking into his house. Team Rocket recruit me.
    • Absolutely nothing else. This was boring.

I have arrived in the next city with the next gym. Next time we have two encounters and the first gym battle!

See you next time!

• Lost Amarillo to Bug Bite :(
    • Almost lost Sally to Self Destruct.
    • Cleared first route
    • Encounter Haxorus - lost it due to Dragon Rage risk
    • Defeated a trainer with Hydreigon, tough battle.
    • Arrived at First Gym

Sally the Salamance

Amarillo the Armaldo