1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spinoffs Poll | Graphics style in new PMD game?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BluetailsTheBuizel, Nov 25, 2017.

?

Graphics style in new PMD game?

1. 2D. Those 3D graphics look horrible.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. 3D

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 3D. But with 2D art styles mixed with the 3D

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Either 2D or 3D, I'm fine with it.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. If your game got a dmca, Don't blame me ah.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 2D

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. So long as the game captures the sprit of the 2D games.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    If Chunsoft or an indie game developer announce a new PMD game in the making, what kind of graphics would you want the game to look like?

In a post that I read before, a number of lake valor members says that 2D is better then 3D since it capture the sprit of the 2D PMD games more than the 3D games. I personally don't agree. With a little more effort, its possible to have 3D graphics that can capture the sprit of the 2D games. So what will you guys choose?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    So hard, buuuut.... I wouldn’t want the style they have now. If they could somehow make it feel like the 2D games and give it the same charm, I’d go for it. Otherwise, I really liked the charm the 2D games had.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I would just like to bave a PMD game, no matter if 3D or 2D x)

4. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Added new poll choices.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I personally prefer the 2D graphics for the PMD games. I don't know why, the pixilated sprites just seem to have a certain charm to them.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm worried the games might be going the Final Fantasy route of starting off as sprites with a good story, to jumping to 3D and it being more about the pretty graphics than the story. Ideally, I would want both, but I'd prefer pixels to 3D if it meant a better story. The current 3D models aren't that great, but there's some potential with the switch. I would love if the Pokémon could look something like the Pokémon from pokken and if there could be some nice, cinematic cut scenes. Maybe even a little voice acting like how they do for pokepark.

7. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Huh? But I thought Pokken Pokmon looks too overly realistic? (Even u can see Blazikin's underside.)