1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Post your art improvement.

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Wabi Sabi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Wabi Sabi

Ralts
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽130.0
    Whether this belongs in Art Corner or Creative Zone, I'm not entirely sure. I'll leave that up for the mods to decide.

No one is perfect in art. When we start out, usually what we draw is... questionable at best, but the saying 'practice makes perfect' exists for a reason. Showcase your art improvement over the days, weeks, months years, compare the you from yesterday to the you to today. This can also be used as a way to improve your confidence in your own art.

I didn't know what references were. Very shameful.
    ag.jpg
    oof.jpg

Well... yeah.
    ohhhh.png
    yes.png

2. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    Wow, that is some nice improvement in 6 months! (you said you've been drawing for 6, right?)

I have some really stupid old stuff stashed away somewhere, but to try and dig up my gradeschool art would take too long. So! From some of my first digitalk art of 2010 to recent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wabi Sabi

Ralts
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽130.0
    Yeah, six months. Would be seven, but I had to take a bit of a hiatus for personal reasons.

Your art is lovely, though! I really like it. All that hard work has surely paid off.

4. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    hhhhhhh oh boy

Here's an 'improvement' I have. I re-drew the same art twice from back when i was super into FNaF

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Wabi Sabi

Ralts
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽130.0
    That art improvement is very impressive. Good job!

Glitxel likes this.
  6. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    I mostly do my comic so a lot of my improvement lies there! Seeing these side by side is like, wow.

upload_2019-5-6_0-21-22.png
    upload_2019-5-6_0-21-37.png