1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PROJECT: HORA

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Ravenide, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    You could even make it a water/bug type similar to surskit. The biggest problem I saw with Surskit was that it didn't actually keep its typing. I'm not too creative sometimes, but that's what I can input.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    [​IMG]
    Here's some old bug concepts I had (sprited a year ago). I actually do want a lot of variations to the bugs in the forest, maybe 3 or 4 separate species so that the forest actually feels like a forest. (Plus diversity of choosing a bug-type for the roleplayer in me) XD

I'll see to the ideas guys, and you guys could contribute by giving me dex entries and names once everything's done. Hooray! :)

[​IMG]
    Also, here's the basic bird of the region. Wanted to go for a tiny-ish bird that turns into an epic eagle later. Name suggestions are welcome~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    UPDATE:​
    [​IMG]
    is now named Eyrez, and here's his evolution, Burklet! One more evolution to go and this line will be complete. :D
    [​IMG]

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This seems very exciting, and the art is amazing! Be sure to keep us updating. :)

5. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    HYPERACTIVE HUSKIES AND SCARF BIRRRRDSSS! Enjoy, guys!
    [​IMG]
    #010 FUSSKY
    The Husky Pokémon​
    NORMAL​
    --------------------------​
    Fussky are common Pokémon that live near towns and cities with a relatively cold climate. Children enjoy playing with them because of their hyperactive nature and cold huggable fur.​
    [​IMG]
    #011 ARCTILUPE
    The Direwolf Pokémon​
    NORMAL ICE
    The fur of an Arctilupe acts as a literal cold-storage that gathers cold air. They can utilise this stored energy for ice-type attacks in battle and somehow improve their endurance.​

[​IMG]
    #012 EYREZ
    The Mountain Chick Pokémon​
    NORMAL FLYING
    Eyrez have highly developed eyes that help them see far off in the distance. These senses help them keep away from danger as they gather their strength for evolution.​
    [​IMG]
    #013 BURKLET
    The Aerial Pokémon​
    NORMAL FLYING
    Burklet are bird Pokémon that soar above the skies of the Hora Region. They hunt in groups and execute perfectly synchronised aerial acrobatics to catch their prey.​
    [​IMG]
    #014 SCAQUILLA
    The Aerial Pokémon​
    NORMAL FLYING
    Their brown and black feathers help them remain almost invisible when flying in the rocky mountains of Hora. Thick feathers have given them resistance to cold environments, where most of their prey reside.​

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
  7. The.Spatula.Of.Doom

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    oh wow this is fantastic! :D I really like the trainers the minecraft one is amazing haha xD

8. Nars

Nars Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    The main hero with audio set, a fire griffon... You're my hero. You could very well create some resource for a fangame, so your level is good ! :D Plus, this is the kind of Pokémon I would like to see, more mature, not only cartoon and childish, and you reached this point with perfection. I also would like to see more haha !

9. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone! If it's alright, I'd like some help with design concepts. Feel free to share your thoughts. Note that I plan for the Hora Region to have a very diverse amount of fakemon, because a forest shouldn't have like... 3 species of Pokamon in it.

What do you guys think of the following ideas?
    1. Pika-clone of the region based on the Quokka. Shoquokka?
    2. The ladylike fakemon of the region (think Gardevoir, Gothitelle, etc) based on the aurora borealis. Their hair could have an array of colors similar to Amaura's eyelashes? The idea seems to... overpowered for early rare Pokémon, but what do you guys think?
    Bonus idea sketches:
    [​IMG]
    3. Something based off a flower? Perhaps another lady-like fakemon line that resembles dancing orchids and ballerinas?
    4. Need more birds.
    5. Charcoal stick insect that probably won't be a fire type.
    6. Diver beetles that live in lakes? It could be a two-stage evo line with the first one being a little beetle inside a bubble. Final evo could be a beetle with a transparent shell that has water in it, plus a face that looks like it has diving goggles and snorkel antennae.
    7. Grey luna moths? They'd blend in to a burnt forest. xD
    8. A hermit/robber crab that puts holes in fruits and berries and uses them as shells?
    9. A rollerbug line that turns into a hulking millepede. Ground/Bug.
    [​IMG]
    10. A remake and redesign of my Whispeon
    [​IMG]
    11. A remake and redesign of my Susheep. Yes. They're sheep made of sushi.
    [​IMG]
    12. A remake of the gong line. Yes, they turn into a friggin' DRAGONG. Get it?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    13. A leech fakemon that has a horrifying evolution. xD

AAAAAND that's all I've got for now. Note that these concepts may or may not be pushed through. Feel free to suggest more fakemon, I'm taking lots of ideas in!

10. WobbuffetWynaut

WobbuffetWynaut PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.5
    How about Shokka isntead? Shoquokka sounds weird...

11. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Heh, the whole post posted too early. It wasn't finished yet. xD

Shokka sounds funny, because it's like "SHOCKA!". Haha. We'll think of a name eventually.

12. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Need some critique on these guys. They're fullbody XY/ORAS sprites and I'm trying to see if enough people like them. Might actually sell this kind of art in my shop.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pokémon Master Leena - Pokémon Master Grey - Pokémon Master Kassie - Professor Karen Rosewood

It's great because you can compare their heights XD

13. brsajo

brsajo Girl Boss Baby

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,240.0
    I'm liking the full body sprites!

Also, I think a water Pokémon based on this "ghost shark" would be cool
    [​IMG]

Or a dumbo octopus
    [​IMG]

Also a bird of paradise would be cool
    [​IMG]

14. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    [​IMG]
    Sketch, anyone? So I'm thinking of the bird of paradise idea suggested by @[member="brsajo"] and I think they'd make a great early-bird counterpart to the Eyrez line. I'm thinking they could be... valentine birds? Their frill things could be heart shaped. :D

I'm thinking of concepts for the dumbo octopus as well. I had a vampire squid concept a while ago and it sort of looks like that, but I think I'd like a more... airborne octopus concept. Maybe blimp-y like the Drifloon line.

I'll have to do some research on that ghost shark.

brsajo likes this.
  15. RazilJ

RazilJ Swimmer

Patches
    (Bulbasaur)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.4
    Super duper awesome! Your sprites really looks amazing! :D

16. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    @[member="RazilJ"] thanks, dude! :D

[​IMG]
    Work-in-progress of Octavia, the first gym leader. I'm planning on having this recurring theme of them wearing the badges they give out in their outfits. Badge isn't there yet, obviously. XD

Also, dual type gym leaders now. :D

Any suggestions on her outfit?

EDIT:

Still taking suggestions! Halfway done with her fullybody:
    [​IMG]

17. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    B-burnt forest?
    OMFG! I have an EXCELLENT idea for a Fakemon for you even though it's not a bug type
    If you want to see it, I can send you the dA link to some stuff I made a while ago... (I have a drawing on a piece of paper, and I sprited his team-sprite a while back)

18. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    Go right on ahead! I'd love to hear your concepts. :)

[​IMG]
    1ST GYM LEADER - Octavia​
    The active Gym Leader in Redleaf Town. She uses both a four-Pokémon team composed of flying and normal type Pokémon. When defeated, she rewards the trainer with the Talon Badge.​
    She's short. xD​

brsajo likes this.
  19. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Yaaaaay! :D
    Okay, my Fakemon is called Bombaloo. It's a fire-grass type.

The Pokémon trading card I once designed:
    [​IMG]
    (btw, can you read my handwriting?)

This is its colored design:
    [​IMG]

This is the team sprite I made about a week ago:
    [​IMG]

20. Ravenide

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.4
    It looks nice! Would you mind if I redesigned it, but kept the original cannon-on-the-back concept? I thought of making it look more like bamboo. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.