1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Raikou, Entei and Suicune. The 3 Legendary... Eeveelutions?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by guest, Feb 12, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    The three legendary beasts are said to have been 3 Pokémon that were resurrected by Ho-oh when the Ecruteak City Brass tower burned down. Representing the lightning that struck the tower, the flames that burned it down, and the rain that doused the fire, Raikou, Entei and Suicune are Electric, Fire, and Water type respectively.
    Which happens to match up with the first three original Eeveelutions, Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon.
    As such, it's a common theory that the Pokémon that died in the fire were these three Eeveelutions, who became the legendary Pokémon following their resurrection.

What do you think of this theory? Do you agree or disagree with the possiblity? Do you have or know of a different theory that you prefer more?

2. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I like this theory as well, and it makes a lot of sense. Eevee's importance to Ecruteak city is big, so it would make sense for the 3 original Eeeveelutions to become Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Another one of my fav theories.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The theory is pretty far out there, and I don't much believe it. How about the other Eeveelutions released in that gen at the time? Gonna say right now that I disagree with this theory.

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I think that the theory is a pretty decent one. In reply to what Nator said, there is never more than a trio in each game. While umbreon and espeon were also introduced in that generation, the original trio of Eeveelutions was Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon.

I had an idea that I wanted to check, but it wasn't viable. I was checking to see if the stat spreads for each of the Eeveelutions correlated with the stats of the respective legendary dog.

The thing is though, Eevee's are a genetically unstable Pokémon for whatever reason, so it makes sense that through the power of a legendary Pokémon they might have altered their deceased forms into a more powerful form with some of its power if they absorbed some of it. Also, Eevee is dog-like (right). That makes sense. And as someone else already pointed out, the legendary dogs originated from Ecruteak, where the Kimono Girls especially hold Eevee's with high reverence.

Overall, I think it makes a lot of sense... [insert Game Theory outro here]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Suicune is pretty cool. I found it super hard to catch though, same with the others. At least Suicune was stationary at the end.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    This theory is pretty interesting, but I also find it to be a bit too much of a stretch to be done intentional. It's merely a coincidence in typings, nothing more as that. If this were true, you could also say that Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram are the reincarnations of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, respectively; they also share their signature typing. I don't think it's real, but it's a pretty cool theory nevertheless :)

7. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I found this interesting article that said how they could have actually been Eevee and Ho-oh over exposed them to the elements and then BAM, legendary dogs

8. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    After reading the evidence, it seems clear to me that they would be Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon.
    I even called my Raikou MegaJolteon and my Entei MegaFlareon. Suicune was an exception because NorthWind was a better name for it

9. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I give this theory an A+. I personally think it's pure coincidence, but even so, a nice one.

[​IMG]

Seems legitimate to me.

10. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It's not much of stretch to suggest that 3 Eevee wandered from the Kimono Girl's Stage on that stormy night

11. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I kind of believe the theory as well. At first, it seems a little far-fetched, but when you think about it actually does fit in. It's like a part of a story that has grey lines, but now with that theory, those grey lines are now black. Real black like the rest of the story.

12. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I think the theory is neat, and I really like it! I always love reading about Pokémon theories, especially plausible ones like this. I've heard multiple versions where the three Pokémon who died were three Eevee, and then a version where they were the respective elemental Eeveeloutions, but it does make sense either way. The Legendary Beasts do kind of look like 'upgraded' Eeveeloutions in a way!

13. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Oh man this is one of my favorite theories! I love it a lot, and I think it's very plausible. Ho-Oh, being a legendary, and a phoenix-like Pokémon, probably would have the power to resurrect the three Pokémon! And they do look like they could be from the Eeveelutions.

14. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I believe this therory heavily I think its the truth, i heard one rumor about the 3 Pokémon being eevees

15. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    This theory sounds quite plausible to me. Even if it might just be pure coincidence, the evidences put forth by many seem to say that it might actually be true.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I remember reading this theory a pretty long time ago, and I really think it may be true. The three beasts have strong resemblances to the three original eeveelutions, and considering how they are found in Ecruteak adds more backing to it. Remember, the Kimono Girls? They have a strong connection to Eeveelutions and reside in the city. Kimono Girls are pretty historical in one view point, so perhaps eevees go all the way back to the days of the burning of the Brass tower? Either way, it's pretty likely in my opinion.

17. LillyRoyal

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.4
    I like this theory it seems to fit nicely. I don't think i was something the game designers thought of at the time but its possible it could fit well enough to become the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.