1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rampage (pkmn Ranger rp)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Megarai111, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "It sounds good to me. Did you perhaps make a picture of the engravings? I wonder what language it is. Better look through the books before going to bed tonight." Saria leaned on her open palm as she thought about what Sigma had just revealed.

"Kat, I doubt that it is a trap, but I agree that we make some preparations before going near the place. It wouldn't do for anyone to get hurt. Even more." She stated as she looked at the bandage that Alastor had on his arm. She knew that Carvanha were territorial, but to get hurt enough to actually need a bandage? Something was seriously out of whack with the local Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Alastor was listening to the conversation without opening his eyes, he didn't see a reason to open them it wasn't like these people weren't used to seeing him do this at the oddest times.

"I have to chime in with Sia here, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to go up there on the slim chance they can ambush a ranger." Alastor yawned before continuing. "Also Sigma, if you're gonna contact the Ranger Union ask them if they want us to deploy the Atmospheric Measure Device considering how the weather have been they might want some readings while we're up there." The device would slow them down further Alastor knew that but it never hurt to ask the Union about that considering the current state of the weather. He was more worried about the climb since Sigma was the only one that had any real experienced rock climbing. They had the gear and clothes needed somewhere he was pretty sure about that but it would still be a dangerous climb even with the right gear.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    "Is it safe, I don't think we want to walk into a trap from some organization..." Kat said. She stood up and walked over to the sink to wash her plate. "Also is this cave safe to get to or do we need to get some Pokémon assistance and fly up there ,if anything can fly through this weather that is."
    "It sounds good to me. Did you perhaps make a picture of the engravings? I wonder what language it is. Better look through the books before going to bed tonight." Saria said. She appeared to be thinking about what Sigma was saying.
    "Kat, I doubt that it is a trap, but I agree that we make some preparations before going near the place. It wouldn't do for anyone to get hurt. Even more," she said.
    "I have to chime in with Sia here, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to go up there on the slim chance they can ambush a ranger." Alastor yawned. "Also Sigma, if you're gonna contact the Ranger Union ask them if they want us to deploy the Atmospheric Measure Device considering how the weather have been they might want some readings while we're up there."
    "That's a good idea," Sigma said. "It would slow us down a bit, but it might give us a clue as to what is causing this weather. I hope it will be a bit better tomorrow so that the climb will be relatively easy. Still, I think it's nest if we capture some Fire-type Pokémon. I was thinking of Arcanine or Rapidash, we could use those two as a mount. I'm sorry to have you go through this, but I forgot to bring my camera because I didn't think it would be necessary. Then again, encountering inscriptions on the wall isn't something that happens daily, so I couldn't really have seen it coming. I do hope you guys know what kind of language it is, because I couldn't read a word of what was written there."
    He walked towards the exit of the dining hall.
    "We'll be taking a relatively even path up the mountain, it's the same path I took up today. I doubt any real mountain climbing will be necessary, but make sure to wear boots with spikes on the soles and bring a rope to use as a lasso as well. I'll bring a pickaxe."
    Sigma went back to his room and turned on is computer. He established a connection between his pc and theRanger Union. Within a few seconds, the face of one of the contact ladies popped up.
    "Hello, this is Sigma, Pokémon Ranger currently stationed in Oblivia. I discovered strange inscriptions on the walls of a cave in Mount Sorbet today. I don't think these inscriptions are known to us yet."
    "How did you end up in that cave?" the Union lady asked him.
    "I, uhh... I accidentally placed my foot on an ice-covered hill, fell and glided down into that cave. No need to worry, I'm fine."
    "Do you need us to send you a list of all the inscriptions ever found on Mount Sorbet and its caves along with translations of their alphabets?"
    "That would be very helpful." Sigma nodded. "Also, about the strange weather here lately... Don't you think it would be a good idea to let up an Atmospheric Measure Device? It might give us a hint as to what's causing this weather."
    "I'll send your idea to the head officials. You can expect a notification on your Styler in a few hours telling you whether or not your idea has been accepted or not," the lady said. She pressed a button. "The data of the past inscriptions is being sent to you as we speak. Once it's done transferring, it should appear in your "Download" folder. Is that all?"
    "Yes, that is all for now. Thank you," Sigma said. He ended the transmission. Leaving the computer turned on so that it could finish downloading the inscription texts, he went out of the Ranger Base to go look for some Fire Types.

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, I am heading out to see if I can find a few Arcanine. Rapidash will be less mobile in the snow since their hooves will sink much easier than an Arcanine's paw. I need to tell Sigma that too." Saria rushed out the canteen after cleaning her dishes. Vulpix had waved at Eevee before jumping on Saria's shoulder and the two ran out of the base. Seeing Sigma in the distance, she quickly caught up with him.

"Sigma! It would be better to catch some Arcanine to help as their paws won't sink as easily in the snow. Rapidash could end up as a hindrance instead." She panted as she pulled up to his level. "And we would need fewer of them as Arcanine can carry two people and their equipment at once without them being weighted down."

(This is actually why sled hounds are used in Alaska and other snowy areas, instead of horses. Sled horses are used when there isn't a layer of three feet of snow.)

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Kat put away her dish, she listened intently to what everyone had to say, and true her accusation seemed a little silly but random symbols up in a cave in the middle of no where just seems weird. She walked back to the table and picked up eevee, ruffling its fur and kissing its head, loves her little partner. "Alright Alastor, I am going to go pack up my stuff, and go find a Pokémon to help me climb the mountain!" She waves as she runs up to her room, wants to prep it for tomorrow, she raced up the stairs.

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Alastor lifted an arm to show he'd heard Kat as she left to look for a fire type. Something he should do too but he'd figured resting his eyes for moment wouldn't hurt. He also still needed to fix the loose circuit in his communicator before going out.

He woke to the sound of Totodile devouring his leftovers and let out a sigh. His partner liked food a little too much at times he was pretty sure macaroni leftovers was not healthy for a totodile. Picking up the plate he took it to the sink, at least Totodile had already licked it clean of anything edible so he didn't have to do anything else than wash it.

Once back in his room Totodile climbed up o nthe bed,now it was his time to nap. Alastor sat down at his desk to fix the communicator. Pulling the tools needed out from one of the drawers, he turned on the desk light and started tinkering with the communicator. Alastor figured it wouldn't take too long to fix so he should still have time to go find a fire type.

7. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Kyle was carefully listening to everyone. When Kat went upstairs, he fastly finished up his food. 'I guess, I should also find a Pokémon' He thought. He rushed upstairs and took important supplies need. Then he washed his face. And now with his mudkip he went off to find a Pokémon. He was thinking about what others said, Alstor and Sigma, his leg got stucked somewhere and he fell down. "Ouch" he shouted.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    "Sigma!" Sigma turned around upon hearing someone shout his name. He saw Saria running towards him. "It would be better to catch some Arcanine to help as their paws won't sink as easily in the snow. Rapidash could end up as a hindrance instead." She stopped beside him. She was panting; it seemed she had left the house with the intention of telling him something. "And we would need fewer of them as Arcanine can carry two people and their equipment at once without them being weighted down."
    "That's true, yeah," Sigma said. "Thanks for the tip, I hadn't even thought of that."

In the end, Sigma captured three Arcanine. He was planning to ride one himself and have the others divide the other two. He also captured a Rhydon and a Primeape just in case they got into trouble on their trip to the ruins. Sigma left Saria in order for her to decide what Pokémon she wanted to capture for herself.
    On his way back to the Ranger base, he found Kyle on the ground. It seemed as if he had fallen down.
    "Kyle!" Sigma quickly hurried over to his friend's side. "Are you alright? Do you want me to help you get up, or would you rather have me get the first aid kit?"

9. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Kat finished changing and came running out, almost tripping on Kyle. "Woah there! You doing alright down there?" She gets down to be face to face with him and looks him in the eyes. "What happened, what can we do for ya?" She sat up and sat next to him and looked over him to make sure there weren't any cuts or gashes. Eevee came running up to them and started sniffing at Kyle and rubbing on him, worried about his friend.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Saria had captured a sturdy looking Honchkrow. If the weather would let the bird fly around, they could have someone scout from the air. But no matter where she looked, the blonde was unable to find any Arcanine to suit her needs. She did manage to capture a Mareep. Seeing as it would be able to looght up dark caves, it would make a welcome addition to the team.

Satisfied with the captures she had made, Saria returned with her Vulpix to the base. Hearing all the commotion, she took a look at what was happening with her friends. Kyle was lying in the ground with Kat and Sigma fussing over him. She just shook her head and went to get to the first aid kit. Luckily, it was still stocked up. She made a note to bring some extra supplies tomorrow on the trip.

"Here is the first aid kit. Now lets calm down and let Kyle breath for a minute." She gently coaxed the others to back up a bit. Turning to Kyle, she quickly scanned him for injuries. "Does anything hurt badly?"

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Alastor finished up the last few adjustments on the communicator before putting the faceplate back on. He would need to try it out now that it was supposedly fixed. He turned it on and gave it a try by contacting his teammates.

"Testing 1, 2, 3, can any of you hear me? Please respond so I know whenever or not the communicator is fixed, over." Alastor was sure it was fixed since he was confident in his skill at fixing gadgets like this but you never knew. If the communicator was working again he would still have time to go out looking for a Pokémon or two that could help them doing the climb.

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Kat looked at her communicator and clicked it on, "Hello hello! You coming through loud and clear! We are all down stairs and outside the door, Kyle fell and hurt him self so we are all waiting to help him." She clicked it off and paced, waiting for some kind of reply from Kyle. Eevee follows her trainer and shivered as a cold wind blew through the area, she whines and yips at Kat. Kat picks up her starter and cuddles the fuzzy Pokémon for comfort.

13. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Sigma was surprised to hear his communicator suddenly ring.

"Yeah, I can hear you, Alastor. Don't worry, it's working fine. You can head out to catch Pokémon if you haven't yet, I've already captured three Arcanines so you don't have to look for a ride anymore." Not feeling the need to say anything else, he closed the communication link.

He then looked at Saria, who came walking over holding a first aid kit in her hands. That meant Kyle would be alright, Sigma had experienced many times over during their Pokémon Ranger training how well she could handle the things inside the kit.
    "I'm glad you're so good with first aid, Saria. I trust you can take care of this? I'll be going back inside then, I have to pack stuff for our hiking trip tomorrow."

Packing four extra bags was relatively easy, since Sigma planned to take all of the heavy gear with him anyway. He placed on inside everyone's room. There was still room for others to put in any other stuff they wanted to take along though, but he trusted this would suffice.

The only thing that he needed now was a good night sleep. After such an exhausting day, it felt good to finally be able to get in bed and fall asleep.

(@[member="Pokémist"] is your character alright?)

14. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Kyle stood up and took a little cotton from the first aid box. "I am alright. It is just a little wound. " He said. He cleaned his wound with cotton. "I am sorry if I caused any problem" he apologized.

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Saria shook her head with a smile. "Don't worry about it, Kyle. I am almost dissapointed that my training is going to waste." She winked at him with laughter in her eyes. Digging out a band-aid, she passed it to Kyle and closed the box.

"Alright, I will fill this thing with some special things that we might need tomorrow in the cold." Saria stood up and petted the Pokémon she had caught. The bird Pokémon was cawing at her, amused by the limitations of the humans. The little sheep bleated softly and snuggled with Vulpix in the corner of the room.

16. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Alastor was heading back after him and Totodile had been out to look for Pokémon that could possibly be useful for the climb tomorrow. He'd managed to succesfulyl capture a ninetales and a rhyhorn, he wasn't sure if the ninetales would be useful but it was a strong Pokémon so it couldn't hurt to being it. The rhyhorn would be good to clearing paths and getting rid of boulders should they run into anything they were unable to clear on their own.

Back at the base Alastor went straight to his room since he needed to be well rested for the climb in the morning. While lying in bed waiting for sleep to come he started to wonder about the strange inscriptions Sigma had mentioned.

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    After filling up the first-aid box, Saria changed in her nightclothes and went outside for a few moments. The young ranger had a weird feeling about the next day and she couldn't help but pray for the safety of her friends and the Pokémon they would take with them.

"Please Arceus, keep them all safe and healthy. We only want to figure out what is wrong and help those in need." She prayed softly. She unclasped her hands as Vulpix came to stand next to her. Her partner always knew when she was worried.

"It will no doubt be fine, right Vulpix? I am worrying for nothing. Sigma, Kat, Kyle, and Alastor know how to handle themselves. I am just a worrywart." She let out a laugh to reassure herself, as Vulpix just cooed at the girl.

"Let's go to bed, we don't want to be tired tomorrow and caught off guard." Saria's Vulpix agreed and the pair went to bed. As Saria tucked herself in she wondered what the next day would bring.

18. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Kat sighed, relaxing into the fuzzy Pokémon, yawning a little in her warmth. It was getting late and she didn't want to be out in this cold much longer in the dark, too much of a risk for her. Plus they might find some interesting Pokémon up near the mountain. "Well I am going to turn in, rest up, catch something along the way. See y'all in the mornin!"
    She walks off as eevee chirps good bye, "Ee! Eevee!" Eevee cuddles in Kat's arm and sighs happily as they return into the warm building. Kat sets Eevee down and walks with her up to their room, Kat changes into her pjs, a loose t-shirt and some fuzzy pants, then heads to brush her teeth while eevee snuggles down in the bed.

19. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    "Alright guys!" Kyle said to his friends. He went up to his room and changed the clothes. Patting his mudkip on head he said "its night time". He switched the lights off and went to sleep. He opened his eyes for a moment and shouted "ALRIGHT!" almost waking up his mudkip. He grinned and went to sleep.He was excited for the next day.

20. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Upon waking up, Sigma immediately headed down to the kitchen in order to prepare breakfast for himself. He was an early bird, so no one else was around yet. He grabbed a small bowl of yoghurt out of the fridge and sliced up a banana. He then added some honey to the yoghurt and threw the banana slices in as well, and his breakfast was finished.

Their plan today was simple: Sigma was planning to take the others up Mount Sorbet through the same route he took yesterday. Traveling by Arcanine should speed up their way up the mountain, but the Atmospheric Measure Device would then take away most of the extra speed again. According to the weather forecast, the snowstorm on Mount Sorbet was less heavy than yesterday, so Sigma was hoping it would be easy to find the place where he glided down from yesterday with ease. Still, the only way to know for sure whether he would be able to find that place again was to actually go up the mountain and see if he could find it.

After having finished his breakfast, he brought the bags with equipment down the stairs, careful not to wake the others up. He went over to where the Arcanines were waiting and equipped them each with some bags. He also took out a special two-seat saddle for two of the Arcanine. Sigma himself would be fine just by riding the Arcanine without a saddle, but he wasn't entirely sure about the others. After all, some extra safety measures never hurt, right?

He began brushing the fur of the Arcanine, waiting for the others to arrive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.