1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rhythm Heaven

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Slugkid, Mar 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    This is one of my favorite games ever! It is way too much fun for me.

If you haven't played it or heard about it, here's some info:
    It's a game for DS, and it's entirely about rhythm. There is not a story at all, or even levels, rather, you unlock different minigames, and every 4 minigames you get a "Remix" that mixes those 4 games you've beaten. When you have completed a game, you are given one of few rankings - "Try Again" "OK/Just OK" or "Superb". Getting a superb nets you a medal, and medals can be used to unlock a number of things like minigames and little features.

Also, every once in a while, you'll be given a chance to get a perfect on a game you scored a super on. As you might think, you need to do the minigame without a single mistake. It's easier than it sounds! Getting a perfect unlocks a little text or a song, but it's all about the sense of accomplishment.

All of the game is controlled using the stylus, and there's only two commands: Tap, and flick. The touch screen is only just a color and everything happens on the top screen, but the DS is held sideways for this game.
    ---

And that's pretty much it! I've played this game through and through. I'm only missing to get perfect in two games out of 50 (Rhythm Rally 2 and Moai do Wop 2), but I've been really close to getting both of them.
    I really do enjoy this game, sometimes I even play it while doing something else, or with my eyes closed, since there's audio cues for everything.

Has anyone else played this game? I strongly suggest buying it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.