1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ride Pokemon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Nov 30, 2016.

1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    My jet shark is better than yours!!!

I still agree that this is an important point, though I miss the Waterfall HM/TM greatly :(

2. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽901.5
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Waterfall still exists. I forget where but you can find two swimmers in a cave and battle them. If you win they give you surf and waterfall tms

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Aaaaand it looks like I got caught on a doof of mine. I still miss them as HMs though. I greatly enjoyed them as HMs back in generation 3, and I can't help but miss that aspect.

4. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I was actually extremely reluctant in buying Pokémon Sun and Moon because I heard there's no HMs but I didn't know ride Pokémon existed. Although when I found out about them I loved them and still do. I even like their choices although I really wish it had been Rapidash rather than Mudsdale. Using ride Pokémon instead of having to keep as the people I know dub it "an HM slave" around has been amazing. I feel free to build my team how I want and not have to be ugh I need to keep this Pokémon with me at all times just so I can fly or use rock smash etc. Plus if I need to use one of those when I go somewhere and don't have an HM Pokémon I don't have to make my way all the way back grab the Pokémon then come back wasting my time. I think ride Pokémon have been the best edition to Pokémon for me! I also think it's cool they didn't remove those moves and made it so you can still add them to your Pokémon.

5. FrennyDaFren

FrennyDaFren School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.4
    I love all of the ride Pokémon, and personally, I like Stoutland because it's fast and cute at the same time. But I can't deny that I laughed for a whole minute when I first saw Machamp carrying us like a baby.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I was really glad when I found out about ride Pokémon, because I had already built my team and realised that Rowlet loses its flying typing when it evolves. My favourite one has to be Stoutland as I can never turn down free items.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    This is probably the best feature ever implemented in any Pokémon game. Being able to use a full party of Pokémon I actually want to use and not need to set aside space for HM users made me so happy, and made the games a lot more enjoyable. I use the Tauros ride a lot for that quick egg hatching trick, but I also love Stoutland since it runs so fast! Tauros' dash is super fast too but for traveling not very convenient cause I crash a lot lol.

Hopefully HMs won't start becoming the norm again in future gens. :< This has seriously spoiled me.

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I love not having a HM slave on my team (though I got pretty attached to Bandit, my ORAS one), because it was always like 'So I need this one...this type balance, this move...done! Oh wait, I gotta get my FREAKING HM SLAVE IN AND REARRANGE MY WHOLE TEAM AGAIN' I mean, they may as well have given us five slots in the party for all the use you get on the journey. Gyms and the League was literally the only time my HM slave left the party. Now, though, I LOVE the animation! So adorable! And it's not like they were obsolete additions, I'm sure at least ONE of you has practically worn the B button out (like me). But for Stars (or Gen 4 remakes, but that's unlikely), I want Dragonair! It would just be so intimidatingly beautiful. Or Ninetales (especially Alolan), Luxray, Hydregion, ect.
    Never going to happen, but I want to have the Pokémon first in your party follow you, and when you need to you can ride it! Of course there'll be exceptions (you can't ride a Pichu), but I reeeaally want to have Yveltal available for mount.
    Admit it.
    You want to ride gloriously into battle astride your death-dragon too.
    #MissingNo

9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,105.7
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I love that I don't have to deal with trying to figure out how to place HMs on my team without it being to demanding on my party. Though, I love the girl from Kanto who gives you Fly, who says, "I guess you don't really need it, since you have Charizard, but I think you might be able to use it."

As for my favorite, I'm always pulling out Tauros to go everywhere in the nick of time! And Lapras' slight movement when I fish on it made me fall in love with it as well.