1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Shin Megami Tensei Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ShiroLugia, Feb 10, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Has anyone played a game like Persona, or Devil Survivor, or any game in the Shin Megami Tensei universe? Discuss it here!

Personally, I love the Devil Survivor series the most out of any Shin Megami game, and I can't wait for the US release of Devil Survivor 2: Break Record!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've played the Persona games myself, I really wanna play Digital Devil Saga but is next to impossible to find them now. I've been thinking about trying Devil Survivor, and Summoner as well and Lucifer's Call. Sadly the latter is apparently rather rare.

I also played Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine when the English servers were still up, I was pretty sad they got taken down but I'll live.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Shin Megami Tensei IV is a game that I've been looking at for the 3ds. Is it worth it?

4. Gemini

Gemini "The Explorer"

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.0
    It's definitely worth it, it has some really great gameplay and the story is pretty good. My favorite part about the game is the monster's artwork and the mythological elements, it's really interesting since the game has monsters/ demons/ figures from a lot of different religions.

5. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I've wanted to buy Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne for a while, Mostly because of the Dante cameo shhh but I do not know what to expect. I've never played any of the Persona games either.

6. Nars

Nars Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I played Devil Survivor 1 and 2 on DS, and these games were just awesome. I love T-RPGs and the concept is pretty cool. However, I don't know the Persona series, since I don't have any PSP or PSVita. :) The DS2 was my favorite, the final choice was better scened I found.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    One of my friends owns that game and he says is worth it, it can be hard to get though from what I understand since is one of the rarer games.

Person 3 and 4 are both good, I've played both the third game is just really really long compared to the fourth. I played some of the first game too and it was pretty good still haven't tried the second sadly.

8. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I just bought P4G a few weeks ago, but I don't have a lot of time to play it until summer, sadly. It's a great game from what I've played so far, though! It's easy to fall in love with the characters, and it has a compelling storyline.

9. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    I don't think Persona and Shin Megami can be considered Sony exclusives considering some of the games are on Nintendo products and even exclusive on rare occasions. Anyways I did get to try out Shin Megami at one point, it was the latest one on the 3DS, and all I can say is, my oh my how difficult this series is, the difficulty is too much for me unfortunately, but that doesn't mean I disliked the game. The was still fun for me, I felt the achievement when defeating a boss so all in all the difficulty wasn't a complete turn off for me. Either way if I ever get some old Sony consoles in the future, I will definitely try out the full series. (Specifically Persona)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.