1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Shiny Busters

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Wolf Expert, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Shiny Busters

[oktoberfest]Week 4: Monster Mash[/oktoberfest]​

Who ya gonna call? No one! Because you'll be catching these spooky shinies all on your own throughout October! Each week, you'll be searching for shiny Pokémon that fit into a Halloween-based theme. Not used to shiny hunting? Just give it a try, because there are plenty of chances to win a prize in this event!

Each week, the top 3 people with the most shinies will get mini-prizes as the week's winners. At the end of the event, the 3 people with the most shinies overall will take the grand prize. Everyone who catches at least one shiny will also get a participation prize!

For week 1, we're starting it off simple with Ghosts and Ghouls! All you have to do is catch shiny Pokémon that are a Ghost and/or Dark type! You'll have from now until midnight PST on October 6th to catch as many as you can.

The theme for week 2 is Scare Tactics. Your mission this time is to catch shiny Pokémon who can have the intimidate ability. Note that the Pokémon you catch doesn't need to have the ability, it just needs to be one of the abilities that it possibly can have. You have until midnight on October 13th.

The new theme for Week 3 is Cryptoscience! You'll be looking for Pokémon with eerie Pokédex entries. If you're not sure whether a Pokémon counts and you want to make sure, feel free to ask if you want to check. You have until midnight PST on October 20th to catch them.

Ninetales, Paras, Parasect, Haunter, Gengar, Hypno, Cubone, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Xatu, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Umbreon, Houndoom, Stantler, Nuzleaf, Shedinja, Sableye, Spoink, Grumpig, Cacturne, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclopse, Absol, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Froslass, Giratina, Darkrai, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Zorua, Zoroark, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Frillish, Jellicent, Beeheeyem, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Kyurem, Espurr, Honedge, Aegislash, Malamar, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Yveltal, Toxapex, Oricorio (Sensu), Araquanid, Shiinotic, Bewear, Sandygast, Palossand, Mimikyu, Nihilego, Guzzlord.

If you can think of any other Pokémon that would fit the theme, let me know.

The theme for Week 4 is Monster Mash. All of the shinies you'll be looking for this week are Pokémon that resemble creatures and monsters that you might like to dress up as for Halloween. Here's a list of eligible Pokémon. If there are any Pokémon you think should be on the list that aren't already, let me know!

Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Spinarak, Ariados, Umbreon, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Poochyena, Mightyena, Ninjask, Shedinja, Sableye, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Deoxys, Spiritomb, Froslass, Giratina, Darkrai, Purrloin, Leipard, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Zorua, Zoroark, Galvantula, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Litwick, Lampent, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Greninja, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Decidueye, Lycanroc (all forms), Crabominable, Mimikyu, Lunala, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian.

Rules:
    • Games eligible for this event are X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, and Ultra Sun/Moon. No roms allowed.
    • No duplicate Pokémon caught in the same week.
    • You must submit an image of each Pokémon you catch that includes the date captured. Duplicate Pokémon can be caught across different weeks as long as they fit the theme, but the dates must show that they were caught during different weeks.
    • Reply to this thread with images of your Pokémon included in spoiler tabs. Don't multi-post, just edit your original post whenever you want to add a new Pokémon, and submit each Pokémon under a different spoiler. This will make it easier to tally your submissions. (Make sure to label which week your Pokémon were caught in)
    • You can get shinies through catching or breeding. No trading, gift Pokémon, or Pokémon that are guaranteed shinies.
    • You cannot evolve a Pokémon to have it count as multiple shinies. You CAN evolve a Pokémon to make it fit with the week's theme, just so long as it's caught in that week.
      • Example: Catching a shiny Eevee and evolving it into an Umbreon to fit the Ghosts and Ghouls theme is okay. Catching a Poochyena and evolving it into a Mightyena to count as two different Pokémon is NOT okay.
      • If you submit multiple Pokémon from the same evolutionary line, you may be asked for proof that they're different Pokémon, such as showing them with a different capture date, or showing a second image of the evolved forms being encountered before being captured.
    Prizes!!!

Participation prize: 5pp and an Oktoberfest medal

[​IMG]

Weekly Prizes:
    • 3rd place: 5pp
    • 2nd place: 10pp and a choice of 1 star treasure from the shop
    • 1st place: 15pp and a choice of 3 star treasure from the shop
    Grand Prizes:
    • 3rd place: 10pp and a choice of 1 star treasure from the shop
    • 2nd place: 25pp and a choice of 3 star treasure from the shop
    • 1st place: 50pp, a choice of 5 star treasure from the shop, and the contest winner medal
    The top 3 at the end of the event will also be awarded with so̸̼̼̲̳̝͑́́̕̚m̶̗̈͋̕̚e̵͈̪̪͠t̶̨̨̥̠̮̅̀͝h̷̲͖͑͑͗ì̴̛̛̤̽ǹ̴̗͚̾̍g̴̤̥̩͎̭̉̑̈́͝ ̴̣̒e̷̡̝̪͓̿ͅl̴͈̟̟̓͆̅š̶͔͕̑̚ë̷ͅ

Oh, strange. It seems that something is causing my ominous r̵e̷d̸ ̴ t̶̢̀e̷͔̽x̵͍̃ť̴̞ ̶̀͜t̷̎͜o̴̠̎ ġ̶̤̹̙̉̈́͛͘l̷͖̺̾͂̉i̶̗̻̘͖͑̈́t̵̨̤̺̜͉̚c̷̖̙͕̹͗̋h̴̼͛̑͝ ̵̧̙̞͉̅ǫ̵̛͓̭͖̥̋̅̈́͆ú̷͖̫̼̺͈t̵̼̙̳͂͊

shiny giratina.png
    You thought you could offer me as some sort of prize? We'll just see if your shiny hunters are skilled enough to capture me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    sounds fun (although my luck with shinies isn't the best lol) but I'll give it my best shot :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'll definitely give this one a go! Man I'm hyped for this!

#3 Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  5. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Week 1 of the shiny hunt is over. In first place, we have @Strytho and in second we have @RIPlins. Not enough people participated this week for a third place prize, so I'll only be awarding the top two. Remember, there will be an accumulative prize at the end for whoever catches the most shinies overall. Prizes for this week will be distributed some time soon, just send me a pm when you can to let me know which treasure you'd like.

Week 2 starts now with our new theme, Scare Tactics. Your mission this time is to catch shiny Pokémon who can have the intimidate ability. Note that the Pokémon you catch doesn't need to have the ability, it just needs to be one of the abilities that it possibly can have.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  6. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Alright, week 2 is over, and once again we have @Strytho in first and @RIPlins in second. Let me know what prizes you'd like for this week!

The new theme for this week is Cryptoscience! You'll be looking for Pokémon with eerie Pokédex entries. If you're not sure whether a Pokémon counts and you want to make sure, feel free to ask if you want to check.

Oh, wait. Something strange has happened to the original post. Some sort of spatial distortion is causing it to glitch out. You might want to go check that out...

7. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Could I get some context on eerie? Are you talking about creepy entries like how Toxapex leaves behind bits or corsola or how komala lives and dies in its sleep? Or are talking more so about cryptozoology and how some Pokémon are based around myths or things from the real world? Here is a list of Pokémon that I think fir the creepy factor

Komala, Toxapex, Pyukumuku, Oricorio sensu, Bewear , Unbreon, Palosand , Drifloon, Bruxish

Also Shuppet line, duskull line, Gastly line, gorebyss, and psyduck.

#7 Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  8. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I'd say yes to Toxapex, Oricorio sensu, Bewear, Umbreon, Palossand, and Drifloon. I'll try to find the time to make a full list of elligible Pokémon soon.

9. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Oakie doakie. I added to my list which is only going off of gen 6 and 7 entries. A helpful place to get ideas of where to look are top 10 lists then to verify them on Pokémon sites.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I've updated the original post with eligible Pokémon. There may be others that would count, but aren't on the list, so if anyone thinks of any others, let me know!

Riddles likes this.
  11. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Once again, @Strytho is this week's winner and this time there are no other entrants. The new t̵̞̒ẖ̴͌ę̴͒m̸͇͂ë̴̱ ̸̛̩f̸̢͝o̸̱̊ŕ̶͎ ţ̶̟̬̥̏̒h̷̢̛̰̘́̈́͗i̵̫̗͍̥͂̾̅̇ͅs̴͉̤̒͒̿ ̵͖͙̓̐͝w̶̮͎̞̄͊͘̕e̶̠͗̓̑e̴̝̲̹̋̚k̵̛̬͚͙̞͔̊

Ugh, sorry about that. That shiny Giratina is causing a̵͍̅ ĺ̶͎o̷͚̚t̷̫͠ ̸̧̾ö̶̲́f̸̮̐ ̶̝̅p̷̝̈́r̶̮̓o̵̰͝b̵̯̚l̷͆͜e̸͉͛m̶̯̈́ś̴̻. I really need some capable shiny hunters to h̸̫͛u̴̲͝n̴̲̓t̸͕͘ ̴͚̍ȉ̷͉t̴̨͗ ̸̤͘d̵̝̿o̴̠͝w̸͇͑ń̴͓ for me. The top 3 shiny hunters will all have a chance to search for it around the forum, so make sure to get those shinies in this week!

As I was trying to say, this week's theme is Monster Mash! All of the shinies you'll be looking for this week are Pokémon that resemble creatures and monsters that you might like to dress up as for Halloween. Here's a list of eligible Pokémon. If there are any Pokémon you think should be on the list that aren't already, let me know!

Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Spinarak, Ariados, Umbreon, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Poochyena, Mightyena, Ninjask, Shedinja, Sableye, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Deoxys, Spiritomb, Froslass, Giratina, Darkrai, Purrloin, Leipard, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Zorua, Zoroark, Galvantula, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Litwick, Lampent, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Greninja, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Decidueye, Lycanroc (all forms), Crabominable, Mimikyu, Lunala, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian.

12. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Lunala is shiny locked, it can't be found without hacking.

PoserPanda likes this.
  13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well here goes nothing.
    HNI-0051-MPO.jpg

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    The final week is over and we have 2 sets of prizes this time around.

First off, this week we have a tie between @Strytho and @Dead Snek. Both of you will get the first place weekly prizes.

And finally, we have the final results for the shiny hunt.

In first place we have @Strytho with 12 SHINIES. Wow.

In second place we have @RIPlins with 3 shinies.

In third place we have @Dead Snek with 1 shiny.

PoserPanda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.