1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Soul Link Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Wizard, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I recently came across a variation of Pokémon that some Youtubers have been doing for years called "Soul Link." It's really interesting, here are the rules: (courtesy of KingNappy)

1- Any Pokémon that faints is considered "dead," and must be released or stored in a specified PC box for "dead" Pokémon.
    2- You can only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    3- You must also nickname all of your Pokémon, for the sake of forming "stronger emotional bonds."
    4- In a new area, the first encounters for both players will be, "linked," together until death.
    5- If one Pokémon in a linked pair is placed in the PC, it's Soul Link partner must be placed in the PC as well.
    6- If one Pokémon in a linked pair dies, it's Soul Link partner is considered dead as well.
    7- If one player fails to capture their first encounter in an area, the second player must forfeit their encounter in their corresponding area.
    8- Across both players parties, primary typings may not be repeated.
    9- All Soul Link pairs must consist of one male and one female Pokémon. Players will re-encounter their first encounters in a new area, until an acceptable encounter can be caught.

It's a nuzlocke variation that is centered on linking your Pokémon with another person's. I think it's really interesting, although it may be hard to coordinate, especially if the two people live elsewhere.

What do you think of this idea? Would you ever do it? Do you have somebody you could do it with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    It would all depends on the person you were playing the soul link with to be honest. Its not an easy rule and it takes some trust in the other person since they a deciding factor on what your final team will look like. It does seem like it would be a lot of fun/very challenging tho so I'd be down to try it myself ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This sounds like a fun spin on the usual nuzlocke rules. I might have to give this a try.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This can be really fun but it also can be a hard one to do due to the linked mons meaning two mons will die each time one falls. It can also be hard if you're unlucky or are with someone that may not be as good at pokémon yet or you just picked a hard game to do it in. I have tried it with Getus and well we didn't do too well actually we lost before the first gym like 4 times.

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I've done this with another person a few months back. Not only was it a Soul Link Nuzlocke, it was a Soul Link Randomizer nuzlocke. It get crazy. It takes a lot of bargaining and coordination but it's possible

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I did it with a friend of mine from Marriland and boy did it not work. Both of us are bad at nuzlockes and we lost before the first gym. It was tons of fun, but I’d only do it again with someone more experienced.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I actually did an XY Link with my brother over winter vacation, and it went very very well! (Only lost two Pokémon in the whole thing). Also rekindled my appreciation for Gen 6, so I got to getting a bunch of Friend Safaris in the post-game XD