1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Space Warriors: Omegafox's Fate

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Laserdragon14, Mar 15, 2018.

?

How am I doing with this project?

1. You're doing great!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. It's ok

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. You need to try with something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Why did you even try writing at all?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. it could be better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm doing this choice so that I can see the poll votes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

JankTrees
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave ThemeLucarionite ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    This is my main project when it comes to writing a story, everything else that you've seen by me was just small mini projects, but this is the main one that I've so far spent years just trying to make. And before you ask, yes this is where I got my username inspiration from. So, wish me luck and enjoy!

Edit: Constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    manaphy2 likes this.
  2. Laserdragon14

JankTrees
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    We lived in a nation known as Khania and I’m one of Khania’s most well-known generals since I’ve been able to defend us from our western neighbor, the Arainians, for the past three wars with them. There was only one thing that had kept one from conquering the other and that was the Twin Guardian Desert, the hottest and driest place in the world, that lies in between the two nations.

I nuzzled with my mate. In front of us was a nest with two eggs in it, surrounding them was different types of grass to keep the nest’s shape and to hold the heat to keep the eggs warm. “We’re going to have two wonderful hatchlings,” I whispered in my mate’s ear.

“I know, and they’re going to have two wonderful parents to raise them,” she replied softly.

Then there was a light cracking sound coming from the nest. At first, I thought that I had imagined it until it continued and cracks began to show from both eggs. I saw Thundercloud move to help them and I put my paw over hers and shook my head. I felt a wave of disappointment and worry, but she left them alone. It wasn’t long before the first one of them poked through the hard shell of the egg and the other one followed. The first one was a red and gold colored male dragon and the other one was a purple and black female dragon. Thundercloud and I started thoroughly cleaning them off with towels and carefully removed the eggshells from the nest. Some of the oils remained after cleaning them, making them appear to be shiny.

“What should we name them?” asked Thundercloud as she continued cleaning them.

I thought about it for a moment and I looked at the two hatchlings. I noticed that the she-dragon’s eyes were as bright as the moon with those dark colored scales.

“How about we make the she-dragon’s name Moon?”

She looked at the purple and black hatchling.

“I think that is a wonderful name for her, but what about the male?”

“I think you should name him.”

“Oh, ok.”

Her eyes start to wander around before landing onto the gold and red hatchling for a moment.

“How about we name him Laserdragon?”

“Why Laserdragon?”

“His gold and the red color makes me think of a laser that the electric mages can make.”

“If it makes you happy, Thundercloud,” I said approvingly as I licked her cheek.

There was a knock on the door and I went and opened it.

“Hello Omegafox,” said the newcomer.

I immediately recognize his voice to be Seawater.

“Hey, Seawater. Why don’t you come in and see my two hatchlings?”

“They’ve hatched already! Well, let’s see them,” replied Seawater excitedly as he walked past me.
    He looked at the two hatchlings with energy that I’ve never seen from Seawater. I couldn’t help but smile as he interacted with the pair of hatchlings.

“Omegafox, this little one looks just like you. What did you name them?” asked Seawater as he held Laserdragon.

I went up to Thundercloud’s side and replied, “We decided to name the gold and red one, Laserdragon, and the other one’s name is Moon.”

“They’re wonderful names.”

Laserdragon yawned and started to go to sleep in Seawater’s arms. Seawater laughed.

“I think that this little one needs to be put to bed,” said Seawater with amusement as he handed Laserdragon to Thundercloud, who started to wrap him in soft blankets.

Moon went up to Thundercloud and made a small noise that sounded like a squeak. Thundercloud laid Laserdragon into a nest and picked up Moon to wrap her in some blankets.

“I think that you’ve got two fine children, Omegafox,” said Seawater as he watched the two hatchlings sleep. “But how do you plan to balance the roles of being a Commander of the Khanian military and being their father?”

“I’ll find a way Seawater, after all, right now we are in a time of peace. I’m sure that I’ll be able to balance the two roles,” I replied.

“What about wartime?”

“It would be best if I remain as a commander during those days since I would be looking after their safety along with serving this kingdom. Wouldn’t you do the same, if you had children of your own?”
    “I probably would, Omegafox. I’ll tell the high command that you’re going to spend a couple of weeks with your newly hatched children and that you’ll return by the end of the month. Does that sound good to you?”

“Yes, and thank you, Seawater.”

“It’s the least that I can do for a friend,” said Seawater as he walked out the door.
    I went back and laid beside Thundercloud watching our two children sleep like they didn’t have a care in the world, and their peacefulness seemed to wave over me as I tiredly closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to a world that was nearly complete darkness, apart from a few fires scattered over the landscape. In front of me was an equally black creature with six burning red eyes sitting on a throne of black and purple.

“Omegafox,” It boomed. “I know that you have been blessed by the hatching of your two children, so I have an offer for you. If you serve me as you would serve your king, then I will bless your children with powers that will make them so powerful that they would be a deciding factor in any future wars.”

“Why would I want to serve you, Dark Star?” I growled.

“Omegafox, don’t you want what is best for your children as well as Khania? This will be one way to do what is best for the country as well as family. It would be a shame if you were to turn down this type of offer.”

“Maybe he’s right,” I thought to myself. “I would still be serving my country and these powers sound like would help my children protect themselves when I’m not able to, but this is still the Dark Star that I’m talking to.”

“Dark Star,” I started. “Deals like this stay strong through trust, and, to tell you the truth, I don’t completely trust you. I must ask for time to think on this and I wish for you to show me that I can trust you.”

“Very well, Omegafox, you’ll get your time to think and I’ll show you a sign that I’m to be trusted in the near future. I’ll be back within the next two weeks, surely that is enough time for you to make your decision.”

“That should be enough time.”

I then awoke with a start.

“It was just a dream,” I said to myself softly.

I repeated this phrase a couple of times until I was calm enough to relax. I rolled over to look at Thundercloud sleeping peacefully next to Laserdragon and Moon. I couldn’t help but smile. They hatched and they’re alive right now. With this thought in mind, I went back to sleep.

A week flew by before I even knew that it had. I packed up some of my belongings, prepared for the trip back into the military. I looked at my two children that were playing with each other in the clearing. They were about as close as I remember me and Moonshadow when we were their age.

“Laserdragon, Moon don’t be so rough with each other!” yelled Thundercloud from the garden that we keep at the front of our house.

There seemed to be a hint of amusement in her voice, but Laserdragon and Moon kept on with whatever game that their playing. I saw Thundercloud get up from her weed digging and I walked up to her.

“Thundercloud, as long as they’re not spilling any blood or destroying anything, then let them have their fun. They’re kids and let them act like kids as long as they can. They’ll grow up and be the ones taking care of us before we know it.”

“Are you sure that they’re not hurting each other? They look like….”

“They look like they’re having a good time. Don’t be so worried about them or you’ll worry yourself to death. They’ll be fine, you’ll see.”

I turned to watch the two little bundles of energy wrestle with one another. I longed to have the energy that they had, I’d join them if I did. Laserdragon soon managed to pin Moon to the ground, and Moon just wiggled herself out of his grip and darted off with her brother close behind her. Watching them made me think of the dream that I had.

“What am I going to do?” I thought to myself.

The Dark Star is going to want an answer in a couple of days. I thought for a few minutes. Khania is going to need strong warriors to defend itself from Arainia, especially with the border disputes that have been happening lately, and the fact that wars between Arainia and Khania have been on and off since the creation of both countries. But if Moon and Laserdragon both had powers that made them able to decide who would win a war, then Arainia would probably never attack Khania again for as long as Moon and Laserdragon lived. But the thought of serving a creature that is known to be evil set a bitter taste in my mouth. I shook the thought out of my head. I still don’t know what to do, I’ll have to look to someone for some advice.

#2 Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Arod and manaphy2 like this.
  3. Laserdragon14

JankTrees
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Moon and I ran as quietly as we could across the meadow where our home was at and went into the trees that surrounded it. It wasn’t long before we came into another clearing with the military academy in the center of it.

“Come on Laserdragon, it won’t be long before they start the dueling practice,” hissed Moon as she darted toward the school.

I raced after her and went into the bushes that surrounded the dueling area. It wasn’t long before the group of trainees appeared and formed a circle around their instructor.

“Please remember that in a couple of days is your final examination for the military. If you pass this time, then when you join the military, you could get a high ranking position or maybe even get invited to join the Racor units.”

As he said that he stared at two of the students for a minute before continuing.

“So try your best in these last few duels where you can make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and then apply them to the examination. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, and if not, then pick a partner and duel.”

The trainees quickly went into pairs and started making movements around each other that made my head spin. I looked over towards Moon, and her eyes were wide with excitement.

“Laserdragon, I want to be able to do all of this one day,” she whispered in my ear.

“I thought that they only take males at this school,” I replied softly.

After I said that, I knew that I had made a mistake because Moon shot me a look that said that she was going to kill me later. I chose to not say anything after that. I’ll just apologize later when there weren’t as many dragons around. After their practice was over and they all left for their magic practice, Moon and I carefully left the way that we had come. Moon barely spoke to on our way home, usually, she would go on about how she wanted to be like them. Then I made the move to apologize.

“It was about time that you said it,” she hissed. “Don’t underestimate the abilities of females, even in combat.”

She stomped off.

“Whatever you want to think, Moon,” I said under my breath as I followed her.

I wasn’t planning on arguing with her, not that I wasn’t afraid to argue with my sister, I was just afraid that she would use my words and, somehow, beat me with it. We continued playing, usually trying to do some of the complex movement of the trainees, but we more often than not just ended up on our backs and start laughing uncontrollably. Our Mother seemed to appear out of nowhere.

“Where have you two been? I’ve been looking for the two of you for at least an hour,” she growled at us. “Oh, wait. Did you go to the military academy again?”

Moon hid under my wing as she made a reply, “Yes, Mother.”

“Alright, but next time, tell me when you are going, ok?”

“OK!” Moon exclaimed.

“Now, come along, I’ve just finished supper and Redstorm came over to dine with us.”

“Did you find them?” asked Redstorm as we entered the house.

Redstorm was Seawater’s mate and often came over so that she didn’t feel so lonely while Seawater was away on duty and often helped out with raising me and Moon.

“Now, Redstorm, didn’t you have something that you wanted to tell me?” asked Mother as we all sat down to eat.

“Oh, yeah,” Redstorm started nervously. “I got a letter from Seawater that said that Arainia had declared war on us.”

#3 May 18, 2018
  4. Laserdragon14

JankTrees
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    (Shoot, I said that I was going to post one by the end of August and it's September so I'll just post what I have. Sorry everyone!)

It had been nearly a month since I sent the letter to Redstorm about the declaration of war from Arainia and I pray that she had received it by now so that she wouldn’t hear about it from someone else.

There was one thing that we all hated about the Arainians, there was no telling when they were going to actually attack, or where for that matter. I looked towards General Omegafox, who looked completely emotionless from where I was standing. I couldn’t understand how he could hide his emotions as he does, but I guess with the many battles that he has seen, he must have learned through the years. I looked back at the sea of sand that formed as the border between Arainia and Khania and watched as the moon rose from the horizon.

Soon a scout team returned from their routine patrol into the Twin Guardian Desert, which seemed to be an appropriate name since it was the main cause for there to be such a stalemate between the two superpowers at this wasteland. Seeing as they weren’t panting or sweating too badly, they probably didn’t see anything out there...yet.

“General Omegafox,” A newer recruit started with a hint of nervousness in his voice. “When do you think that they are going to attack?”

“They’ll attack when and where they want to,” replied Omegafox dryly. “Cause that will be the only advantage they’ll have over us. We are Khanian soldiers, born and raised in honor, but the only time the Arainians ever even get the taste of honor is when they meet our claws in battle, They may have numbers but we have the best men that anyone could ever ask for, right here, defending the border. The Arainians don’t have stars to bless them and we have armies coming as we speak, to help us reinforce this fortress. We may lack in number, but they lack in soul. If it is the Stars’ will, we will all live to see the next rise of the Sun. Look up at the stars right now. Just think that with all their power, they are watching this one planet out of all the planets, doesn’t that make you feel special? Do you feel better now that you know that?”

With each word that Omegafox spoke, more emotion broke through his mask of emotionlessness, but I could tell that there was some shakiness in his voice and he wasn’t even looking at the recruit. The General’s small speech seemed to have brought more hope into the recruit’s eyes, nevertheless.

“Thank you, sir,” the recruit stuttered as he returned to his post.

That was when the alarm sounded. I looked back towards the desert and saw the wall of flames from Arainian torches. Omegafox stood beside me and peered towards the Arainian lights.

“That’s quite the sizable force,” I heard General Omegafox whisper. “It doesn’t matter as I said before, there are reinforcements on the way and we have plenty of supplies to hold for a couple of weeks, if we had to.”

As the army came closer, I could tell that we would only be able to hold for a day at most with those numbers and that it would take days for the reinforcements to arrive. I looked towards my General, but he had recovered from making his speech and returned to his emotionless face. Soon the Arainian soldiers started shooting electricity, fire, and ice onto the fort. We ducked under the element resistant stones that made up the walls of our fort, taking shots when we could. Suddenly, a bright red light engulfed the area. I covered my eyes to prevent from being blinded. Another dragon shook me and the light was gone. I looked over to the General and found that he was talking with a warrior covered in black and red armor, but they were too far away for me to hear what they were saying clearly. When I moved closer, I recognized the armor to be something that Dark Star would give to his warriors, but the rank was unknown to me, I wasn’t that familiar with the rank system of the Dark Ones. The Dark One grew silent as I approached. I stopped for a moment and looked back where the Arainian army was when the attack started, but there was only a crater left, I had to squint to even see a piece of armor.

“I said my piece, General Omegafox, but I’m sure that we’ll be seeing more of each other in the future,” finished the Dark One as he faded away.

“What was that about?” I asked Omegafox. “I didn’t think that Dark Ones were interested in helping us.”

“They did this to remind us of their power, Seawater, and with the Light Ones being less active than they used to be, it gives the Dark Ones more free reign to do what they want here, so they used this opportunity to show us what they can do,” explained Omegafox as he trailed off.

“Omegafox, maybe you should go to bed, I’ll take command while you catch up on some sleep, you look stressed anyway,” I offered.

“Yeah,” replied the General tiredly. “That sounds good, but please let me know if anything at all happens.”

“I will have a good rest, General.”

#4 Sep 3, 2018
  5. Laserdragon14

JankTrees
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    (Ugh, I terrible about doing stuff on time, but here's what I have for chapter 4)
    The stress of the night had taken its toll and I was relieved that Seawater was willing to take command while I rested. As I laid in my nest, I thought about all that had transpired. The power of Dark Prince was just a small part of the power of Dark Star and seeing Dark Prince decimate an army like made my scales crawl. I closed my eyes but couldn’t find a comfortable position nevertheless sleep soon took over.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in the familiar world with Dark Star sitting on this throne again, this time he had a smile across his face.

“Did you like my surprise for you?” the god asked with a hint of amusement.

“I’m grateful that your Dark Prince was able to spare my men’s lives,” I admitted.

“Are you saying that you don’t trust me?” boomed Dark Star angrily.

“As I said before, it takes time to earn trust,” I snapped. “And just one incident isn’t going to magically make me want to serve you, but this does make me believe that you can be trusted, or did you just do this so that you could gain my trust?”

“Joining us grants so many rewards than just what I’ve already offered, why must you continue with this nonsense?” Dark Star hissed.

“I just want to know what I’m getting myself into. What you are saying sounds appealing and all of that but if this is something that I want to spend the rest of my life and even after doing, then I need more time than just a month, especially since I have to do my job as General of Khania.”

Dark Star sat on his throne in silence and his six fiery red eyes rested on me. I felt that he was going to attack me at any moment. I backed away a few steps.

“Stay right where you are at!” boomed Dark Star and I quickly straightened up. “You at least know how to obey. Do keep in mind that the rewards may be endless but the consequences of disobeying are just as bad as the rewards are for obeying, so if you refuse me, then I shall show you just how bad the punishments are.”

The dark surroundings started to disappear and I woke up with a start. The door opened and Seawater appeared.

“I thought that I would find you dead asleep, is everything ok?”

“No, everything’s fine, I just had a bad dream, that’s all,” I replied before thinking to myself, “At least that isn’t a complete lie.”

Seawater tilted his head.

“What was the dream about?”

I knew that I couldn’t tell Seawater about Dark Star since he was a firm follower of Dragon Star, Dark Star’s brother, who was also the God of Light. I quickly thought up of a lie.

“I dreamed about what could possibly happen if I chose to serve Dark Star.”

Seawater’s eyes widened.

“You know that could be a vision from one of the Stars, right?”

“Seawater, you know full well that I don’t believe in the Stars as you do,” I snapped.

“But...Omegafox…”

“It could just as easily be that I’m just stressed, and the dream was just the way that my mind is telling me that I need to go home or do something relaxing.”

Seawater looked at me in silence, then said, “His Majesty has sent a messenger, wanting to know how everything is, what should I make as a reply?”
    “Tell him that we took no serious casualties in the defense of the border, but the reinforcements will still be appreciated,” I ordered.

“Very well, General,” answered Seawater as he turned and grabbed the door, but then he turned back towards me. “If you need to speak to me about anything, you know where to find me.”

As soon as Seawater closed the door behind him, I softly replied, “But you don’t want to know about what I’m thinking about doing…”