Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Original Space Warriors: Omegafox's Fate

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Laserdragon14, Mar 15, 2018.

?

How am I doing with this project?

1. You're doing great!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It's ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You need to try with something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Why did you even try writing at all?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽113.6
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    This is my main project when it comes to writing a story, everything else that you've seen by me was just small mini projects, but this is the main one that I've so far spent years just trying to make. And before you ask, yes this is where I got my username inspiration from. So, wish me luck and enjoy!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Laserdragon14, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    manaphy2 likes this.
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽113.6
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Omegafox Chapter 1

We lived in a nation known as Khania and I’m one of Khania’s most well-known generals since I’ve been able to defend us from our western neighbor, the Arainians, for the past three wars with them. There was only one thing that had kept one from conquering the other and that was the Twin Guardian Desert, the hottest and driest place in the world, that lies in between the two nations.

I nuzzled with my mate. In front of us was a nest with two eggs in it, surrounding them was different types of grass to keep the nest’s shape and to hold the heat to keep the eggs warm. “We’re going to have two wonderful hatchlings,” I whispered in my mate’s ear.

“I know, and they’re going to have two wonderful parents to raise them,” she replied softly.

Then there was a light cracking sound coming from the nest. At first, I thought that I had imagined it until it continued and cracks began to show from both eggs. I saw Thundercloud move to help them and I put my paw over hers and shook my head. I felt a wave of disappointment and worry, but she left them alone. It wasn’t long before the first one of them poked through the hard shell of the egg and the other one followed. The first one was a red and gold colored male dragon and the other one was a purple and black female dragon. Thundercloud and I started thoroughly cleaning them off with towels and carefully removed the eggshells from the nest. Some of the oils remained after cleaning them, making them appear to be shiny.

“What should we name them?” asked Thundercloud as she continued cleaning them.

I thought about it for a moment and I looked at the two hatchlings. I noticed that the she-dragon’s eyes were as bright as the moon with those dark colored scales.

“How about we make the she-dragon’s name Moon?”

She looked at the purple and black hatchling.

“I think that is a wonderful name for her, but what about the male?”

“I think you should name him.”

“Oh, ok.”

Her eyes start to wander around before landing onto the gold and red hatchling for a moment.

“How about we name him Laserdragon?”

“Why Laserdragon?”

“His gold and the red color makes me think of a laser that the electric mages can make.”

“If it makes you happy, Thundercloud,” I said approvingly as I licked her cheek.

There was a knock on the door and I went and opened it.

“Hello Omegafox,” said the newcomer.

I immediately recognize his voice to be Seawater.

“Hey, Seawater. Why don’t you come in and see my two hatchlings?”

“They’ve hatched already! Well, let’s see them,” replied Seawater excitedly as he walked past me.
    He looked at the two hatchlings with energy that I’ve never seen from Seawater. I couldn’t help but smile as he interacted with the pair of hatchlings.

“Omegafox, this little one looks just like you. What did you name them?” asked Seawater as he held Laserdragon.

I went up to Thundercloud’s side and replied, “We decided to name the gold and red one, Laserdragon, and the other one’s name is Moon.”

“They’re wonderful names.”

Laserdragon yawned and started to go to sleep in Seawater’s arms. Seawater laughed.

“I think that this little one needs to be put to bed,” said Seawater with amusement as he handed Laserdragon to Thundercloud, who started to wrap him in soft blankets.

Moon went up to Thundercloud and made a small noise that sounded like a squeak. Thundercloud laid Laserdragon into a nest and picked up Moon to wrap her in some blankets.

“I think that you’ve got two fine children, Omegafox,” said Seawater as he watched the two hatchlings sleep. “But how do you plan to balance the roles of being a Commander of the Khanian military and being their father?”

“I’ll find a way Seawater, after all, right now we are in a time of peace. I’m sure that I’ll be able to balance the two roles,” I replied.

“What about wartime?”

“It would be best if I remain as a commander during those days since I would be looking after their safety along with serving this kingdom. Wouldn’t you do the same, if you had children of your own?”
    “I probably would, Omegafox. I’ll tell the high command that you’re going to spend a couple of weeks with your newly hatched children and that you’ll return by the end of the month. Does that sound good to you?”

“Yes, and thank you, Seawater.”

“It’s the least that I can do for a friend,” said Seawater as he walked out the door.
    I went back and laid beside Thundercloud watching our two children sleep like they didn’t have a care in the world, and their peacefulness seemed to wave over me as I tiredly closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to a world that was nearly complete darkness, apart from a few fires scattered over the landscape. In front of me was an equally black creature with six burning red eyes sitting on a throne of black and purple.

“Omegafox,” It boomed. “I know that you have been blessed by the hatching of your two children, so I have an offer for you. If you serve me as you would serve your king, then I will bless your children with powers that will make them so powerful that they would be a deciding factor in any future wars.”

“Why would I want to serve you, Dark Star?” I growled.

“Omegafox, don’t you want what is best for your children as well as Khania? This will be one way to do what is best for the country as well as family. It would be a shame if you were to turn down this type of offer.”

“Maybe he’s right,” I thought to myself. “I would still be serving my country and these powers sound like would help my children protect themselves when I’m not able to, but this is still the Dark Star that I’m talking to.”

“Dark Star,” I started. “Deals like this stay strong through trust, and, to tell you the truth, I don’t completely trust you. I must ask for time to think on this and I wish for you to show me that I can trust you.”

“Very well, Omegafox, you’ll get your time to think and I’ll show you a sign that I’m to be trusted in the near future. I’ll be back within the next two weeks, surely that is enough time for you to make your decision.”

“That should be enough time.”

I then awoke with a start.

“It was just a dream,” I said to myself softly.

I repeated this phrase a couple of times until I was calm enough to relax. I rolled over to look at Thundercloud sleeping peacefully next to Laserdragon and Moon. I couldn’t help but smile. They hatched and they’re alive right now. With this thought in mind, I went back to sleep.

A week flew by before I even knew that it had. I packed up some of my belongings, prepared for the trip back into the military. I looked at my two children that were playing with each other in the clearing. They were about as close as I remember me and Moonshadow when we were their age.

“Laserdragon, Moon don’t be so rough with each other!” yelled Thundercloud from the garden that we keep at the front of our house.

There seemed to be a hint of amusement in her voice, but Laserdragon and Moon kept on with whatever game that their playing. I saw Thundercloud get up from her weed digging and I walked up to her.

“Thundercloud, as long as they’re not spilling any blood or destroying anything, then let them have their fun. They’re kids and let them act like kids as long as they can. They’ll grow up and be the ones taking care of us before we know it.”

“Are you sure that they’re not hurting each other? They look like….”

“They look like they’re having a good time. Don’t be so worried about them or you’ll worry yourself to death. They’ll be fine, you’ll see.”

I turned to watch the two little bundles of energy wrestle with one another. I longed to have the energy that they had, I’d join them if I did. Laserdragon soon managed to pin Moon to the ground, and Moon just wiggled herself out of his grip and darted off with her brother close behind her. Watching them made me think of the dream that I had.

“What am I going to do?” I thought to myself.

The Dark Star is going to want an answer in a couple of days. I thought for a few minutes. Khania is going to need strong warriors to defend itself from Arainia, especially with the border disputes that have been happening lately, and the fact that wars between Arainia and Khania have been on and off since the creation of both countries. But if Moon and Laserdragon both had powers that made them able to decide who would win a war, then Arainia would probably never attack Khania again for as long as Moon and Laserdragon lived. But the thought of serving a creature that is known to be evil set a bitter taste in my mouth. I shook the thought out of my head. I still don’t know what to do, I’ll have to look to someone for some advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Laserdragon14, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    manaphy2 likes this.