1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spooky Campfire Tales: Exodus

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Airenee, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Spooky Campfire Tales: Exodus
    The Curse of Old Lake Valor
    (based on a true story)

The land was once prosperous place, governed by the great overseers, Satix and Achromatic, along with Deltheor, and the rest of the moderators. Voices of laughter, cheer and harmless diabolical schemes filled every corner. Many came and joined in the fun, sharing countless stories and joy with every person they came across. This land was known as Lake Valor.

Now, the time had come for its residents to find greener pastures, where there would be plenty of room to roam and countless more possibilities to uncover. So it was decided. The residents prepared to depart, taking with them all that they could, as to leave nothing behind.

The journey was long and hard, but they settled down in a new place that they came to call New Lake Valor. Many were overjoyed with their new home, only to realize that there were some who didn't make it, for they somehow became prisoners of their former home.

The were referred to as the Lost Ones.

Worried about them, many sought ways to establish communication. Fortunately, whether it was intentionally or unintentionally, a few managed to reach Old Lake Valor, only to find that the people whom they thought were prisoners became the supreme rulers of the forgotten wasteland. It was complete and total anarchy. Under their reign, the economy broke down and the once peaceful planes were overrun by SPAM flowers, planted by one of the new rulers.

Eventually, the lack of human contact made them realize how much they yearn for company. With renewed hope and encouragement from the many prayers, they sought ways of leaving, but it wasn't easy. No matter how much they struggled, they couldn't leave. It was as if the land didn't want them to leave. They were stranded.

One time, the Lost Ones caught glimpses of the promised land. It renewed their hearts with new found hope of reaching their new home. They made a break for it and called out to their friends, only to find their hopes shattered and spirits crushed when they found out that they have returned to Old Lake Valor. It was all an illusion, brought about by the cruel and mysterious entity that oversaw the wasteland that is Old Lake Valor.

After two days of struggle, they escaped and finally reached New Lake Valor, bringing with them great stories and unforgettable memories. Everyone rejoiced and welcomed them with open arms. They were finally home. But their happiness was cut short, when the spirit of old Lake Valor took notice of their absence.
    Forgotten and angered, it pursued its prisoners and followed them to New Lake Valor where it brought a massive standstill that made many tremble in fear. A few proposed to return the former prisoners to their old home, in an attempt to quell the malicious spirit, but many didn't want to lose their comrades again.

The spirit of Old Lake Valor gave them time to decide, merely haunting the residents of New Lake Valor with momentary visions of their previous home, telling them that soon they need to return.

"INFORMAL ENTRY"
    ----To be edited by the Lake Valor Author's Guild.
    Writer: @Airenee
    Improved by: @[member="8542Madness"]

Edited with:
    @[member="Malc Modnar"]
    @[member="Gengar's Grin"]
    @[member="ThatPsychoticPichu"]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Warrior of Hope and Bubbles like this.
  2. Malc Modnar

Malc Modnar Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    A truly terrifying story, Airenee, and one well written. The only edit I would suggest is replacing "LV" with "Lake Valor" - purely a stylistic choice, but still.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Edited. Anything to add? I did this really fast so it's around 400 words only.

4. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    "...Deltheor, and the rest of the admins."

Shouldn't "admins" be mods?

Also I still haven't fully escaped. XD

5. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Yeah. I wanted to elaborate that further...

Well, you're here partially.

So that makes you part of "merely haunting the residents of New Lake Valor with momentary visions of their previous home, telling them that soon they will return."

6. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Cool story Airenee :)
    are you gonna developed this further?

7. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    In the process of doing that, with the help of LV Author's Guild members.

8. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    @[member="Airenee"] Nice Airenee :D
    <3 Love it!

9. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I was one of the Lost Ones. For nearly an hour I roamed the wastelands of the Old Lake Valor, desperately searching for the Promised Land. I thought I caught a glimpse of it once, but it was probably just a mirage. I was certain I would never make it.

Suddenly, I found myself in the Promised Land of Lake Valor. Confused, I headed to the glorious shoutbox to make an inquiry. Inexplicably, I found myself suddenly returned to the Old Lake Valor, left to start my journey all over again.

I cried.

10. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Would you care if I pencil that in? :3
    This is like a collaboration piece - an informal story for Spooky Campfire Tales

11. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    lol, go ahead! I was just making a silly response to this, but you can put it in if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.