1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Stars of the Diamante Company (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jul 23, 2018.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

The group laughed and roared with applause as Ash ended the routine by writing "That's all, folks!" with one lightning infused sfera before recalling it. As the lights came up, both boys and the Pikachu took a bow together.

"Okay...anyone have any questions to ask Ash before we return to the music room?" Brock asked as he put the frame drum and its stick away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Sophie once again kept quiet. She wasnt one to ask any questions cause she would like to find the answers out herself. It was easier for her doing this rather than it being explained to her.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

After bidding Ash goodbye, the group returned to the music room. "In many shows, my characters blur the line between narrator and character." Brock explains as he puts away the frame drum. "So one minute, my character is part of the action, and the next, I may break the fourth wall to talk directly to the audience. It helps that I'm often asked to play minstrel characters, which work very well to this kind of actor shapeshifting."

(once we have Brock do a solo performance, I'll let you settle into your complex, and let you pick what your first show is)

4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Sounds like a plan.)

An interesting way of doing things to say the least. Sophie herself was interested in exactly how it was done and how she too, could pull it off. She would have the opportunity to see it firsthand.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

Brock returns tuning a beautiful red-brown acoustic guitar. "While I do enjoy all my instruments, the acoustic guitar's the closest to my heart, and one of my go-to instruments for narrators and minstrel characters." he explains.

With that, he started a relaxed melody that also invoked an adventure...

(what Brock plays)

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Sophie herself also enjoyed acoustics, as she often played on her violin, a talent that the people here would come to know very soon. Brock's performance was very nice with an excellent song and amazing harmonics.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

Brock took a bow for the applauding group. "Thank you..." he smiled. "Do you want to ask me anything about my music and performances before we go on?"

(what sorts of instruments would Sophie like to learn?)

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Sophie herself gave up some applause. The performance was fantastic, and not a single beat was missed. This is why Sophie enjoyed acoustics. Quiet, and easy on the ears.

(She'd like to stick with her violin, move up to the viola, cello, and eventually, her goal of the double bass.)

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Are you sure she wouldn't want to learn a wind instrument?)

Once the tour ended, the young actors were turned loose to their complexes. Many of them chattered in excitement over what their first show would be.

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Sophie would much rather stay in her lane.)

Sophie went into her complex. It was really big and sort of overwhelming for Sophie, who had lived in a small, two story house for most of her life. Leaving the door open like she usually did, she went on to explore.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

The complex was mostly already furnished, with furniture and appliances already present. All the resident had to furnish were decor and items from home. There were console hookups, streaming audio hookups, and other hookups for almost any kind of device.

These weren't cheap dorm furniture either--they were no different from a nice house or a friend's house.

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Since there was not much to do other than decorate, Sophie decided it was the perfect time to play a song marking her first day here. She left the door open so people could listen in if they wanted to.

(What Sophie plays)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Hot beat, there!)

Brock couldn't resist joining in on guitar. He hoped he wasn't intruding on Sophie for barging in on a practice session as he walked in the room; strumming along to the song Sophie was playing.

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    After she was done, Sophie took out a rather large book. This book contained every single song she had played to date, including multiple drawings of her album covers that she made all by herself. She had planned to release some music in the past but got sidetracked. In any case, she flipped to the next blank page and put in her latest entry. It went as follows.

Day 1 - The Diamante Company
    Time: 11:00 AM
    Song: Lindsey Stirling - Hold My Heart (Acoustic)
    Length: 2 : 35

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(why would Sophie log every song she has ever played?)

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (It helps her avoid repeating songs. Plus, she's still young, she'll never get the chance to perform them all, so she'll go back and practice one song daily. Doesn't really make a lot of sense, but that's just how she does things.)

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(That makes sense.

Out of the shows I listed on the first page, do you want to do one of those, or have me create your first show?)

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Let's go with the latter option on this one.)

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Sugar

(Okay, I'm generating your show while I set the scene for the readthrough.)

It was not too long before the new performers got their first show the next day. "Show overview in the main auditorium!" Brock announced to every performer. "New show incoming!"

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    A new show so quickly? What was this all about? Sophie would have to find out for herself as she went over to the main audiotorium.