1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Stories for Whimsicott!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Iopdev, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    So, i just wanted to quickly make this thread where you can post your stories! People can help check your spelling/give you ideas! :>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    I made this but not too sure if it's good.... thoughts?

She knelt there, her heart telling her to do one thing and her head telling her to another. She could faintly hear her Pokémon’s confused shuffling, but she paid it no mind. All her attention was on the unmoving bundle of bloodied fur by her feet.

Everyone knew of the Mythical Pokémon Mew. It meant different things to different people- A fairytale to one, a god to another, and the list went on and on.

But to Vera, Mew wasn’t just that. Mew was her life's work. She had endured insults and disbelief from all quarters,who looked at her and saw someone who didn’t know when to give up. Dedicated year after year to chasing the elusive Pokémon down with nothing but rumours and folktales to go by, until she knew the Pokémon like the back of her hand.

(Why was she so interested in Mew? She remembered someone asking, a long long time ago in a temple so ancient it could had just been a figment of her imagination. Why did she want to prove it existed so badly?

She had smiled so hard her cheeks hurt, and thought of a moment decades ago, when an eleven year old Girl had stared into bright blue eyes through the foliage for the first time)

Nothing that meant anything, until she could prove that Mews exist.

And she had her proof in front of her, ripe for the taking. All she had to do was take out a master ball and catch it. Maybe even a normal Pokéball. It wasn’t in any condition to break free.

So why was she hesitating?

This was her victory, so why did it feel so hollow? Tasted like ashes on her tongue?

She felt something nudge her hand and looked down to see her Espeon Verity. Verity, who had been just as excited as she was when they had began their search together, who was her sole companion and teammate all this time.

Verity, who looked just as conflicted as she was now.

(Blue eyes the colour of the sky, bright and cloudless and magical, then a head and a body and a tail. She blinked and then it was gone, but she knew what she saw and she never forgot.)

Mew. She heard the source of their internal battle say weakly. It turned its head weakly to look at her, one paw clutching at the gash across her stomach. Mew.

Vera swallowed as blue eyes focused on her intensely, untouched by the weakness that plagued the rest of its body.

She knew what to do.

Verity seemed to agree, for the Espeon was by her side in an instant, dropping a Max Potion into her outstretched palm. Vera said nothing as she set to work healing the Mew’s wounds- there was nothing to say.

A few seconds later and there was no trace of injury on the Pokémon’s body. And as like all those decades ago, bright blue eyes met hers before it vanished.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    @Enasencca maybe it's just a bit predictable because I think many people are gonna go for the "I wanna catch but but in the end I leave it be free" (which is not a problem at all!) but other than that it's seems pretty good!

4. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Oh, thanks!

Yeah it's a bit predictable, but honestly I didn't really have the heart to write Mew getting caught when injured ndndejn

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Alright, here's what I've got.
    _-_-_-_-_-_

One could learn how to track a storm, so long as they had the right tools and knowledge. No matter how hard one tried though, it wasn’t possible to predict the exact moment that a roll of thunder happened. It was even harder to predict the appearance of the thunder pokémon.

That didn’t stop Kyren and his team from trying.

“Any sign of Raikou yet?” Jamie’s voice came through the receiver in Kyren’s ear.

“Nothing yet.” He replied as he looked around the fields of tall grass that he had been searching in for the past few hours. There had been a terrible storm there the night before, and their sources told them that there had been some strange electric activity in the area at the time. It wasn’t much to go on, but it was the first lead that they’d had in the past few months.

“Maybe you should try looking somewhere else.” Jaime suggested uneasily. “It was a pretty big storm, so there’s a lot more ground that we can cover-”

Kyren was about to respond when he heard a roll of thunder that seemed to shake the very ground that he stood on. Kyren felt his breath catch in his throat. He had lost count of how many storms he had been around these past few years during his search, and he was familiar with how thunder sounded. This wasn’t it.

Without hesitating Kyren ran in direction where the sound like thunder had come from. As Kyren ran, he could feel the small hairs on his arms stand on end. There was a lot of static electricity in the air, and Kyren could feel that he was getting close to the source of it all.

Kyren ran for another minute before he stopped suddenly in his tracks. There, lying before him was a pokémon that he had never seen before, but instantly recognized.

“Raikou.” Kyren muttered quietly as he knelt down to get a better look. Raikou growled when it saw him and sparks flew from its fur, but they were weak. Kyren had seen sparks from a Pichu that were more powerful. Something must have happened during the storm. Raikou still had a powerful electrical air about it, but it didn’t have the energy to strike an attack if it wanted to.

Kyren didn’t know what could drain a legendary pokémon’s energy like this, but he wasn’t going to waste his time thinking about it. After all, one shouldn’t look a gift Ponyta in the mouth.

“Get the equipment ready, Jamie.” Kyren smirked as he reached for the Ultra Ball that he kept on him at all times. “I found it.”

6. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Oooh that looks great! I love the way you write!

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Here's my entry. Is it any good?
    Victini. A Mythical Pokémon renowned for always bringing its friends to victory. For years, I had been searching for it. Merely a glimpse will do. And now my job hangs in the balance. I wasn't trying to catch it. No - that wouldn't be right. No way I would do that. I only needed a single photograph. One photo, and I'll make it big - no photo, and I'll have to give up my job.
    This Mythical had caused me so much trouble. Well, technically, it wass my fault. I've been chasing after it. As a Pokémon photographer, I'm supposed to be getting photos of them in their natural habitats. My Pokémon kept the viewers entertained for a while, keeping my duty while I go off and chase my dreams. But they've grown tired. I'm not making that much. And I wasn't prepared to have my search become this urgent. At best, it was just a hobby. Until now.
    Pidgeotto calls from ahead. With his sharp eyes, he's carried me through danger and ahead. Any sign of life, he finds. Chimchar nods beside me. He's lit my path - kept up watch at night. Deep in the forest, nobody's out but myself and a couple of nocturnal Pokémon. Aside from the rustle of grass beneath our feet, the world is silent. Finally, the trees give way to a clearing.
    There it was. My dream. My redemption. Fatally injured on the forest floor. It was still breathing, but it wasn't moving. I stood there in shock. After years of searching, years of working... it was there. I froze up. What should I do? Without thinking, I had already dug out my camera, but my thoughts continued to grapple.
    Chimchar placed a hand on my leg. They want them in the natural habitat, not dead on the floor. Pidgeotto perched on my shoulder. Get the shoot first. You can heal it afterwards.
    It's not right to leave it alone.
    This is what you came for.

I clenched a single fist. Any moment now, something could happen. I couldn't lose my chance. Not after all these years.
    Raising my camera, I focused on the small, rabbit-like Pokémon on the floor. At the same time, my leg instinctively kicked the Super Potion's spray nozzle, squirting the Victini with a burst of its healing liquid. Then I hit the trigger repeatedly. There was no time to waste.
    As it woke up, the Mythical in front of me darted this way and that, startling both my Pokémon as I tried shot after shot. Coming to its senses rather quickly, it flew over and bumped into my camera, which clattered to the ground. A quick chirp of its own name, and it was gone.
    • • •
    The first three pictures were still of it on the grass. They were slighty shaky. I must've been too nervous.
    The next fifteen pictures had Victini still in its natural habitat.
    The last one, however, was taken right before my camera had fallen. It was what I had been searching for.

8. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Oh, I like the idea of someone wanting to catch victini on camera! It's very creative, not to mention your writing is great! I love it!

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Thanks! I read your story, and it's amazing! I love how you described emotion and told the backstory so easily! It flowed very well, too!

10. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Amazing! You completely gave a new meaning to catching a Pokémon!

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Thank you so much!

12. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Thank you! That's high praise coming from you!

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    It really isn't. I'm not that good. But thank you for the compliment!

14. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Ī am not good at pōetry~
    Creature of legend, creature of lore,
    Creature never once seen before,
    Haunting my dreams as I lie in slumber,
    Voice loud as rumbling thunder.

Pure black creature in the night,
    Its shadows put out every light.
    Feeding on my fears, feeding on my dreams,
    A Grovyle's nightmares are delicious, it seems.

One day, my team decided to find
    The creature that haunts me in the night.
    We prepared for the journey for days, weeks,
    To reach where the creature sleeps.

Inside a mountain, behind the falls,
    Through a maze confusing to us all,
    Lies a chamber of purest black,
    Where the creature's den lies intact.

Our lively band, us eleven,
    Bravely marched towards the den.
    We look back to our quaint town,
    Knowing only few will be able to return.

Up the steep mountain, we climbed and climbed
    All the way to the other side.
    One of my friends, a Nuzleaf went alone,
    But he never reemerged from the mountainous zone.

Next were the waterfalls a-splashing,
    Our two Fire-types had to quit our journey.
    Later on as we make our return,
    We would learn that they never made it home.

As we passed through the falls, our team now eight,
    We saw the next place: the giant maze.
    There were seven paths to go, so to save time,
    We each picked a road, and another picked mine.

The two of us explored through the labyrinth,
    Me and my friend Pikachu, and a torch so dim.
    We kept on going straight, avoiding every bend,
    Until we reached what we feared was a dead end.

We then turned back, and moved eastward,
    Bumped into another teammate, a young Pawniard.
    We moved further in, the end indefinite,
    Until we found our target: the Maze's exit.

Eventually emerged two other Pokémon,
    A Squirtle and our leader, the mighty Jolteon.
    Our other three friends weren't as lucky, not at all,
    They adventure endlessly throughout the maze's halls.

Us five pushed forward to the creature's secret den,
    We saw something that came from nightmares.
    A terrifying ghost, body black as night,
    Emitting crimson Aura to scare anything in sight.

Pawniard pounced on the creature, only to disappear
    Into a desolate abyss with all the Pawniard feared.
    Others started to attack, to avenge our friend,
    But I saw something interesting on the creature's head.

Blood flowing down his body
    From above the eye, where a gash was bleeding.
    The creature never meant bad, I thought in my head,
    It wanted some help, time to do the right thing.

"Stop!" I said to my friends, who were surprised.
    "It is hurt," I said, moving closer to his eyes.
    I slowly used my Aura to heal the poor soul,
    When I was finished, he disappeared into the shadows.

Creature of legend, creature of lore,
    Creature never once seen before,
    I now know no harm, you meant,
    Since you never appeared to me ever again.

15. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    What do you mean, that’s super great!

16. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    Hey look I did a thing.

The Pokémon. They speak to me. They tell me what they want, how they feel, who they are hurt by. Sometimes it is overwhelming. It brings me joy. It brings me sadness mostly. All my life, they recount only tales of abuse and suffering at the hands of humans. Father tells me that this is how people are. He always reminds me of why I must become champion. I have to free the world from this suffering. The imprisonment of Pokémon cannot go on. Only after it ends can we all work together. Perhaps, if they were free, we could be friends. This is the one truth I seek.

Concordia tells me that the one whose heart is true will also find their truth. I wonder sometimes if the other boy also seeks the truth, or if he desires for something else. His Pokémon were different. They were happy. What they told me of that boy… I cannot understand it.

And yet, even as the truth itself stands before me at the apex of the dragon’s tower, I can’t help but feel a kinship of my own budding within myself. The beast speaks to me. It is in pain. Not physically, but a pain of loneliness. A pain I know all too well. Father has been a mentor and a loving father, but no amount of toys and Pokémon could ever fill the void of loneliness.

The truth demands guidance. It wishes to be focused and channelled. I see it in its eyes and feel its conviction within my own heart. The legendary dragon that team plasma and I have searched for is within reach.

I can understand this Pokémon. For all its grace and power, I see that it too suffers. It is not like the other Pokémon I have met though. They suffered at the hands of humans. This one suffers from its yearning to be reunited with them. Reunited with not just a master, but something else as well. That force, I do not know. Perhaps I will find out in time.

I reach my hand out forward and feel the dragon’s pure white fur. My hand feels lost in its warmth and softness. I feel the heat and energy within it course through myself as I shut my eyes and listen closely to its words. The truth recognizes me as the one that will guide it. Its sadness is purged by my own familiarity.

“Reshiram.” I open my eyes and meet the dragon’s, gazing deeply into the shining blue. “My name is Natural Harmonia Gropius. Guide me to the truth I wish for this world.”

I smile at the fierce roar let loose by Reshiram. The rest of Team Plasma flees out of terror. Only I can hear its true voice. Reshiram thanks me for easing its loneliness. I look up and smile.

“Thank you, friend.”

Feel like it's a bit too edgy. Any thoughts?

#16 Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  17. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    I would’ve never thought of that way to see the theme, using an already existing character/story and make the "not in the best of health" not physical pain! Great job!! :D

18. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    *dies*

I love your fic and I love N and his relationship with Reshiram I'm just- dying excuse me while I sob into a pillow how are yall such good writers??

19. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    A bit late to the party, but If anybody would like to help improve my story. IT's still a rough draft so any advice would help me polish it.
    Shards of Time

The shards of time were to guide us. My father told me of them, he was the one who discovered the legend deep in the Solaceon Ruins. These fragments of the time stream were splintered with the roar of a mighty deity. The legends said that if you found one, the echoes of the roar would lead you.

My father told me the stories of his adventures to find the shards, and the joinery he had with his friends, most of whom now lived in the woods near our home. How could I not pick up where he left off, and how shocked we were to find one. Following the echos we found ourselves in Spear Pillar.

But where we expected to face a mighty opponent, we found only a dying wreck. It lay on the ground, pierced by beams of starlight and space. My Torterra partner and I raced up to it, but how do you even heal a god? We carefully pulled the deadly weapons out, wary that whatever had created them might return. The wound was deep, and the sight of blood made me light headed. I briefly considered trying to get it down to a Pokémon center. But it was a huge quadruped, there would be no way to move it. So I grabbed my field med kit. Futile as it was I did my best to help it. I cleaned and dressed the wound, then dug into my food supplies and carefully gave it some berries and water.

I sat back and cleaned my arms and hands, tears filling my eyes. My quest had come to an end, but it had been so different then expected.

The beast’s head moved. It raised its head and looked at me, then it’s head swung to a fallen pillar. I carefully moved to the pillar and saw a deep blue egg that glittered like a diamond. I brought it back to the dying god. It looked at me, and blew a breath from its nostrils. In them I saw myself taking the egg down the mountain. The god lay its head down, and closed its eyes for the last time. I felt tears well up, but my team took the egg with us, returning to the family home. We would have to look after this creature’s future. Perhaps it would end better this time.

20. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    It’s great! All I can see is:
    "How could I not pick up where he left off, and how shocked we were to find one."
    This sentence feels a bit weird, idk why tho :/
    "It lay on the ground,"
    Shouldn’t it be "it was lying"?