1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Digital Story Behind the Image

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by 1mightydragon, Apr 26, 2020.

1. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    I just got this idea that I would practice drawing this way:
    After my group's DND session that I would start drawing what happens to my character and tell y'all what happened to him.
    Wounded Daniel DnD Character v3.png
    We are doing the Curse of Strahd Campain I am playing Daniel a black dragonborn fighter with high strength.
    To start my tale we just got out a tavern in a small town who's bartender told us where we could find some weapons in the north of the town we ended up going the wrong way and ended up walking in front of the local church with one our characters was a paladin named DeClaire was immediately greeted by the priest of the church after talking with him for a bit we found out that some bones that keep his grounds safe from the dark powers of the land had been stolen DeClaire was very happy to help him out (though we promised a local winery that we would help them with their druid problem but never mind) our group decided to split up Nith another red dragonborn blood hunter (I am not too sure about that but he does sacrifice life to gain powerful attacks in melee combat) and our rogue Corinth head up to the blacksmith (with the correct directions) while Daniel and DeClaire start investigating the missing bones.

The investigation did not take long to find out the coffin maker had the bones. Just before the other half of our party returned a group of guards approached us with the head of the guards in front and he pointed at my character accusing him that they had an altercation earlier where he ended up on the ground getting mud all over him. My character could not help but laugh at him knowing that he got the wrong guy. The other party members returned about at that moment where things got tense but DeClaire agreed to the head guard's "invitation" to have dinner at the Governor's Mansion (after passing a few persuasion checks). We ended up at the coffin-maker's place of business, which its windows were boarded up. Our initial plan was to have Corinth and Nith go to the back to make sure the guy could not run but DeClaire cast Detect Undead and found out that it would be too dangerous to do so because he detected 7 undead inside the building. We decided to just rush into the first floor together and found the coffin-maker. We interrogated him for a bit to find out that he was the one being paid to get the bones out of the church and he was not in a good mental state (breaking down as we went upstairs to find the bones, my character was the first one up.
    We all went to the left immediately up the stairs to find that it was awful the stench was unreal with mold and decay and it was extremely dark. DeClaire cast an illumination spell (I can't remember which one) as the light searched the room to find nothing but he still felt the undead above us still (in a two-story building) then we looked up to find seven vampires in the rafters (we rolled for initiative). My character went headfirst into the vampires swinging his great ax at the closest vampire the rest of the party soon joined the fight with our Corinth shooting his crossbow, DeClaire moving up to help Daniel in close and Nith using his blood hunter abilities to get additional radiant damage. After about a turn DeClaire used an undead repellent ability (I can't remember which one) all of the vampires failed but one. As everyone but DeClaire was focusing the remaining vampire (that had actually passed his check) DeClaire started to look for the bones that we came here for. We quickly killed the only vampire that was fighting us at this point ( I was brought to about half health after using my Action Surge and Second Wind abilities). Two of the vampires successfully jumped out of the boarded-up windows (into daylight thus taken out of the fight) when one recovered from its fear and just jumped at my character trying to grab Daniel ( I rolled a natural 2 with 7 points added on for my athletics check the vampire rolled a natural 10)

'INTERNAL SCREAMS'

The vampire successfully grabbed Daniel and bit him in the shoulder for 9 points of necrotic damage on a 28 HP character (which means that my max hp was reduced to 19) it, in turn, gained 9 HP. After that point, my character was completely useless (with only 9 HP remaining) but the fighting was almost over with only one vampire remaining (another 2 vampires jumped out of the windows into daylight) Daniel rolled high on his medical check and was healed by 1 HP, by that time DeClaire found the bones and returned to check on us seeing me bleeding badly with a vampire bite so he healed me with one of his relics and it healed me for 10 points... which only healed me to 19 HP. Nith and Corinth managed to kill the last vampire.

That is where we left it Daniel was bitten by a vampire and the rest of the party had just killed the last vampire just when it turned to night (or did we).

I ended up skipping a few details but I don't think it messed with the story too much.

And keep in mind I am not a professional artist (I am sure that you can see that) and any tips and tricks would be helpful.
    I am using a drawing tablet and with Clip Studio Paint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda and Laserdragon14 like this.
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ah, Curse of Strahd. An excellent campaign that my group never finished. I guess a tip for you would be one that my husband keeps chanting to me. "Find pictures of the pose you want, and do your best to follow the proportions of the model."
    It feels like a silly, obvious thing to type. But honestly it does help a lot. There are even some free apps on the mobile store that allow you to move a 3D wooden dummy model, into various poses.
    Otherwise, I hope that you continue to post your adventures into Strahd's lands. It will be interesting to see what Daniel chooses to do. And being able to see how you artistically interpret his actions, will make it even more exciting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...