1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

tabletop games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aiko, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Theres many different types of tabletop games, such as board games, card games, and role playing games! Do you play any? Do you have a personal favorite?

I've been playing board games since I was a kid (as many of you also probably have been), but I recently started playing role playing games such as dungeons and dragons and warhammer! I also play cards games such as the Pokémon tcg, magic the gathering, and yugioh. I think my personal favorite card game is magic, as I feel like its the most expansive lore and card wise. If any of you want to try out some new board games, I recommend Machi Koro and codenames. They're pretty fun party games that you could play with friends or family. Carcassonne is also a very fun game if you're into a more strategic type of game!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to play card and board games as a little kid in the 90's (Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh, Monopoly and Sorry, etc.). But nowadays I've fallen in love with D&D, ever since I started seeing fan art of The Adventure Zone (it's a hilarious podcast by the McElroy brothers and their dad, go listen to it).

I play couple D&D games online with my art friends and it's definitely helped with my social anxiety issues. So much so that I'm currently working on running a game of my own as Dungeon Master! ...Man, I'm nervous! ;w;b

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I love playing board and card games, especially less "brand name" ones though most games are pretty good.
    There's this one card game called "Bonanza!" That I've had for several years know. I always describe it to people who have never heard of it the way it was first described to me.
    It's a game where you plant beans.
    The concept is interesting and requires balancing competition and cooperation. This can lead to some interesting social interactions.
    I've never done any of the typical table top RPG's, though occasionally my brothers and I do less formalized versions. I even made my own back when I was in High school.
    In the end I always enjoy tabletop games for the social elements. If people get to competitive, it isn't fun.

4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Tabletop games are usually boring. Tho, card games are a bit of an exception. I like UNO, but I havent got the chance to play it since a looong time now. Snake and Ladders is something I'm never good at. Same goes for Ludo and chess.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I've played plenty of board games when I was younger, but... the RNG... moving on.
    Recently, I've been learning a few card games and I mostly stick to that kind of stuff. UNO, Big 2, Spoons, and that kinda stuff.
    I'm really interested in getting into DnD or some other fantasy-roleplaying kind of thing, but I never found anyone else who was interested.
    I've played Risk once, but only on a team, and while I understood what it was about, I couldn't quite wrap my head around the whole strategy of it all. My group got incredibly lucky with dice rolls, though, and we survived a surprisingly long time.
    As for chess... I am noob.

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I enjoy playing European style games. I don't really enjoy games that take multiple hours to play, or ones that put me on the spot (so I don't do a lot of role playing). I like to play games like 7 Wonders, Shadow Hunters, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and other such games.