1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Terrifying Tale | Quote

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Arctiquaza, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    I am seriously happy with how this turned out.
    My mom says my first word was quote. Its interesting, really. Especially since I ended up becoming a writer. I'm Kean, and this is how it began, and how it ended. Parting is such sweet sorrow~

Dragonair slithered onto the shore of Cinnibar Island, and I dismounted. I pulled off my waterproof backpack, and cautiously opened it to verify the contents were not wet. I sighed in relief as I pulled out my notebook, sketchbook, and various other things. I returned everything except a pencil and the notebook. I wrote a short description of the island that I could see right now, and continued on, Dragonair slithering behind me, an Everstone set in the silver headband it wore.

"So far so good. This is gonna be a good story." I said to Dragonair. It nodded excessively back.

I looked around, and decided to head to the volcano. I trudged confidently along the black sand, taking notes as I went along. Suddenly, I felt an urge to go to the laboratory. I didn't see any reason not to, the volcano could wait

As I creaked the door open, a light flickered. I barely flinched, but just looked at it for a second. There was a low growling and...

"ISBUGLEJEBALAGAGAGA!" Something lept on her and knocked her down. She squished her eyes shut, screaming and kicking. "Hah!" She heard merry laughter, and she wasn't pinned to the floor anymore. She jerked up and slapped whatever was in front of her.

"Ow! No need for that!" A young man with black hair and tattered clothes looked at her, still chuckling a little. She felt... Like she should be attracted to him, but it didn't feel natural... "My name is Dekoi. Yours?" He asked, holding a hand out.

"Kean." I answered, heart pounding. I took his hand and he pulled me up. Everything seemed... Far away. Like I was just an observer in this. I should write something about that sometime... I retrieved my notebook and jotted down some things.

"You write?" Dekoi asked, gesturing to the books in progress I had in my bag.

I felt air being forced out of my lungs, making me say "Yeah, and what's a guy like you doing hanging around here?" That... I didn't try to say that...

"Oh, I live here." He replied casually.

I heard myself talk again. "And you an keep your hair so nice with no brush?" Was I unintentionally flirting? I tried to apologize, but not a muscle moved.

"Heh... I guess. You look pretty good yourself. Why are you here? Not many people come around." Dekoi raised an eyebrow.

I somehow felt ashamed, ashamed that I could disappoint such a handsome man by invading. "Taking notes for stories." I finally managed to say myself. I rubbed my foot nervously against the floor, glancing at his apparel.

"Okay then." He heroically heaved himself onto a table. "Don't you have a Pokémon to protect you?" He asked.

I felt ashamed I had only one. Simply one Pokémon couldn't impress him. Surely he had tamed all Pokémon on the island with his skills. What the heck was I thinking. "Y-Yes. She's right behind me-" I managed to stammer. I turned around- but she wasn't there. "Dragonair! Dragonair where did you go!" I called in a pitiful voice. I felt my hand start to fan my face. Why did I seem so weak and fretting all of a sudden?

"Follow me." Dekoi said confidently. "It's probably the fire spirit."

"Fire spirit!" I exclaimed, putting a hand to my head dramatically in shock. "But what of we get injured? I don't want you to get hurt..." Why did I care about him all of a sudden?

"Quick! Before your Dragonair gets eaten." He started to run.

"What?!" I exclaimed, falling feebly as I tried to follow. Dekoi scooped me into his arms and sprinted off. I gazed lovingly as he ran. What the heck. Snap out of it me. My thoughts were left unnoticed by me.

Suddenly, the lights flared bright and popped, glass scattering across the floor. Dekoi grimaced as the shards dug into his bare feet. "Darling! Don't hurt yourself!" What the heck. I've never called anyone darling. Wait a second... I tried to jump out of his arms. Nothing, I couldn't do anything. I tried to blink rapidly, to speak, anything! Nope. I'm trapped. I can't do anything. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.

"KEAN! CAN YOU HEAR ME!" Dekoi shouted. "I hear you! Let me out of here!" I cried out in my head. But "Yes darling! I'm so glad you fought off that ghostly fire. I may have fainted in the heat..." was what came out. I needed to do something. To stop this. I concentrated, move my leg, move my leg... My arms tightened, good job!

"You okay?" Dekoi asked gingerly, as I was starting off into space with my internal war.

"NO!" I managed to burst out, and gasped. I did it! I tried to stand up. My arms tried to whip down, but now I had the upper hand. I wouldn't give up. I struggled up slowly.

"What's wrong, my dear?" He asked carefully. I responded by jerking and punching him in the face.

"Why did you do that! You need me to find Dragonair!" Wait. Dragonair... The presence used the opportunity to chuck me into memories of Dragonair. No... NO! I was riding Dragonair through the ocean, holding my breath when we went under, and laughing merrily when we resurfaced. It was like the good old times. Something calmed me, nudged me- STOP! I kicked off Dragonair. She looked at me worriedly as I swam, and swam beside me.

Dragonair...

All that we had been through. If I go through with this, drift off, she might have a chance. If I fought... We wouldn't make it to save her. I would never again swim the oceans with her.

Never take naps with her, curled in the middle of her coil.

Never write books while she sat with me, inspiring me...

She would be gone.

If I stayed, I could live here in the ocean memory with her

Forever.

But I can't.

I have duties.

I can't let that thing win.

I can't give up.

I'm sorry Dragonair.

I burst into tears, although it was disguised by the ocean water.

I woke up.

I'm in control.

I couldn't let the sacrifice go in vain.

"You okay?" Dekoi asked.

"I'm not okay. I will never again be okay. But I made my decision." He looked confused then let out a surprised grunt as I nailed him in the stomach. "ARGH!" I heard from a different room. I froze. Dekoi took the opportunity to run.

I approached the door. My legs felt like they were moving through tar, but eventually I made it. I slammed open the door.

On a table laid a shining golden book. A silhouette bent over it, posture frantic but determined. Suddenly, it looked up, face still completely black. "What!?" She exclaimed.

"Hello there." I said tauntingly.

"Arg! This isn't working out. I'll just get a new one." She grumbled.

"Wait what?" I was tense. Suddenly, a dart shot at me. I ducked and dived for the book. The silhouette grabbed my hand, and I struggled to get away, but her grip was iron-hard.

"You know, you could've had a happy ending." She said calmly while blocking and attempt to attack. "But no. I think it's time to move on. There are many different stories to be written." She looked into my face, and opened her eyes. They were shining electric blue. She scribbled something, and I crumpled to the floor, chest in pain. My vision was blurry, but I could see a knife jabbed into my chest, and I could feel sticky warm blood spilling over me. Just as my eyes were about to shut for the last time, I felt my breath forced out in one final word.

"Unquote."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.