1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal The Champion's Game [Pokémon X playthrough]

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    In this thread I will journal my test run of my Pokémon Challenge run called The Champion's Game, through Pokémon X. Join me in this amazing journey!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Alright, let's get this show on the road. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Named my character Waluigi because I'm cool like that.

Man people like to say X&Y kinda sucked but I still love these games. The art style looks quite pretty, the story isn't bad (for Pokémon standards at least), and they did introduce some neat Pokémon.

Alright, starter time. A random number generator will decide which starter I'll be playing with.

2. Fennekin it is. Honestly really happy with that, Fennekin is my favorite of the three and it'll give me an advantage in the first gym.

I named him Kitaki, as a reference to the Kitaki Family from Apollo Justice, which itself derived from the kitsune, which are foxes from Japanese folklore. It all comes full circle.

The music in this game is really good, wow I forgot all about that.

Moving on to Route 2, I already know my first encounter is going to be a Pidgey. The game is set like that. The game is also set so that Pokémon on this route cannot break free from an Poké Balls, so this is an easy capture.

He will be named Oh, he, which is a reference to ProJared's Nuzlockes, where he named his Pidgey Oh,she. It gives for some amusing dialogue, that's all. Not too stoked about Pidgey anyway, although it will be a good fighter for the first Gym as well.

My Santalune Forest encounter was a level 2 Weedle. My dumb head forgot I could just throw a ball without weakening it first, and I accidentally killed it in a single hit. I don't think a Weedle would've done me much good, but still, it's not good to be losing chances this early in the game.

Going through Santalune Forest is a breeze, not much special.

Entered Route 3 and caught a DUNSPARCE hell yeah. Even if he's not that great, I'm loving him for the memes. Named him Deltheor because I mean he's the biggest Dunsparce fan around.

------------------------------

Next time I plan on tackling the first Gym, and the first Assignment Round will be taking place, so I'm hyped!

3. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Continuing on my adventure, I reach Santalune City. Getting pretty close to the first gym.

Visiting Route 22 on the east, I encounter a Bunnelby. Not too hyped about it tbh, Bunnelby is nothing special. Named her Digdug, you know, like that game from 1982.

Alright, done some training, all my Pokémon (aside from Digdug) are at least level 10. Time to battle Viola.

Also for just a quick moment, can we just appreciate how fucking badass the gen 6 Gym Leader music is? It's probably my favorite out of any generation, what an absolute blast. It really gets you hyped for the battle.

I start off with Oh, he against Viola's Surskit. Easy 2-hit KO with Gust. For her Vivillon, I'm switching out to Deltheor. He knows Rollout, which should be an easy victory as well. Unfortunately, Rollout only hits once, leaving Vivillon just slightly above 50% HP. Meanwhile, Deltheor's health is being chipped away at by Infestation, so I have to use a potion. I can't switch out, so my only chance is to Rollout again, and hope Vivillon doesn't crit me. Of course, Viola uses a potion, bring her health back up to well over half. Luckily, the second Rollout is able to take out Vivillon, and the first badge is in the pocket.

Time for the first Assignment Route. The process will take place as follows. Each Pokémon gets a number, and the random number generator will decide which Pokémon shall be a PAIR, and which SOLO.

Kitaki (Fennekin) = 1
    Oh, he (Pidgey) = 2
    Deltheor (Dunsparce) = 3
    Digdug (Bunnelby) = 4

Since I only have 4 Pokémon, there will be two PAIR Pokémon, and two SOLO Pokémon.

And the PAIRs will be... 3 and 2! That means that Oh, he and Dunsparce now share a fate together.

The current team:

PAIR: [​IMG]x[​IMG]
    SOLO: [​IMG] [​IMG]

So far so good, I'd say. I don't really have a solid team yet, with 75% being at least part Normal type, but I'm excited to see what the future holds.

4. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Alright, short bullet point-type update for now, not much has really happened.

- Caught a Flabébé on Route 4, named her Flab.
    - Continued to Lumiose City
    - Battled Sycamore, got Bulbasaur as a starter
    - Named him Shrek
    - Went to route 5 and caught a Furfrou, named her Lasagna
    - Battled some dudes to level up
    - Caught an Audino on route 6 (sigh, more normal types)
    - Evolved Oh, he into a Pidgeotto, nice!
    - Also evolved Kitaki into Braixen, dope stuff!
    - Got the Pokéflute and succesfully captured Snorlax. Named him Pancake.

Up next: more routes and caves to catch Pokémon in. Genuinely super hyped for after the second gym, that's when this challenge should really bear its fruits. For now, I'm going to focus on leveling up Bunnelby. Hopefully that will give me an edge against Grant.

----------------------------
    TEAM:

PAIR: [​IMG]x[​IMG]

STORAGE: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    oooooooooooooo exciting

More captures:

- Connecting Cave: Whismur (named Trumpet)
    - Route 8: Spoink (Bacon)
    - Route 9: Hippopotas (Hunger boi)
    - Glittering Cave: Machop (Machooooo)
    - Ambrette Town: Tyrunt (unnamed because it's a fossil rip)

TIME FOR THE SECOND GYM

Okay so here's the strategy. Digdug, my Diggersby, is going to lead the entire team in this battle. My opponents are Amaura and Tyrunt, so my Ground typing should help out. I've got Dunsparce as backup, Braixen for a potential Psychic move, and Pidgeotto for when I've honestly given up on life.

Battle starts: Amaura vs Diggersby
    I use Double Kick, which brings Amaura down to about 10% health. Just not enough for the one round kill, but I'll take it. She retaliates with Rock Tomb, which does barely anything. Grant responds with a Hyper Potion, and the situation repeats. HOWEVER
    I WAS NOT READY
    FOR AMAURA'S TAKE DOWN
    Which brought my Diggersby all the way down to 3HP. Too close for my tastes, but he survived at least.
    For Tyrunt I'm switching out to Dunsparce. Yawn makes it drowsy, and I heal up Diggersby, but Tyrunt's Bite brings me all the way down to 4HP. Another uncomfortably close hit. Thankfully, I can switch back to Digdug and finish him off. Badge got!

----------------------------------------------------
    ASSIGNMENT ROUND 2

I'll save you the boring details, but here's the results of the voting:

(ON TEAM)
    PAIR: [​IMG]x [​IMG], [​IMG]x [​IMG]
    SOLO: [​IMG][​IMG]

(BOXED)

PAIR: [​IMG]x [​IMG], [​IMG]x [​IMG], [​IMG]x [​IMG]