1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo The End of Splatoon 2 Splatfests

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    As we know, this weekend marks the end of splatfests for Splatoon 2. This comes as a bit of a bummer, considering the game has only been out for around two years. However, a ton of old content is being released after the Splatfest, so there will be more to do than ever in Splatoon 2. Unlike the first game, these splatfests have gone on for about two years instead of around one.

Are you okay with having no more splatfests? If we were to have them back somehow (I know this isn't likely, just answer the question nerd), what would you want to see from future ones?

I am fairly disappointed that this is the end of splatfests. From my perspective, it seems odd that a game that will be active for so much longer will be missing out on key events, even though there are many older games in the genre that maintain interesting events and new content. Splatoon 2 will be fun either way, but I just want splatfests to keep going.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I
    DON'T WANT
    THEM
    TO
    END ;W;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I really enjoyed the Splatfests in this game, I don't want them to end. I mean, this might mean Splatoon 3 might be coming, but still...

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m kind of bummed since I was planning on giving Splatoon 2 another shot (I sold my original copy because of the joycon controls, but I’m willing to try it again with the pro controls). Hopefully the fan base can keep this game alive for a long time to come.

5. KnightBlader

Mina Ashido
    (Mudkip)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽399.0
    Well if Splatoon 1 is an indicator, then yeah, it shouldn't die, per sé, but the game always feels like it's missing the Splatfest event vibe to me in this time period.
    My guess is that Splatoon 3 is probably in works, but who knows when that comes out (I will be there Day 1 of that, though!)

6. hewwo

hewwo Youngster

spicy boy
    (Darumaka)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16.0
    I read an article saying that Splatoon 3 isn't currently being worked on...doesn't mean that it won't ever be made, though!