1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Ferris Wheel

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Bubbles, Feb 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In Pokémon Black and White 2, the Ferris Wheel is a unique location in Nimbasa city. It is here that you can ride the Ferris Wheel with a specific trainer based on your gender and the day of the week. Here you can befriend either Yancy or Curtis and additionally battle random trains and your rivals, Cheren and Bianca. Did you ever ride the Ferris Wheel? What did you think about it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I rode the Ferris wheel every now and then, but it never really popped out to me as much. I thought the graphics were well done, so that's the main reason I went to it while playing. However, I wish the battles occurred ON the Ferris wheel.. That would have shaken things up pretty darn well ;)

3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I rode the Ferris Wheel all the time after completing the main story! I even got to find out what Yancy and Curtis's REAL NAMES ARE!
    Yancy's real name is Nancy
    Curtis's real name is Christoph
    EDIT: Their reals names are Yancy and Curtis, the names in the spoiler reveal their other identity!
    The graphics were cool, I hope they put more things like that in games.
    But I do agree with @[member="Kouhai"] on the thought of having the battles take place ON the Ferris Wheel. Sounds cool! B)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. manaphy2

manaphy2 Sailor

Reefus
    (Carvanha)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽752.0
    I like how there where trainers you could battle there that got to know you and each time you re met them there they where all like "hey good to see you friend!" That was probably the best part for me.

5. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    The ferris wheel hiker is a bit weird. The ferris wheel was a good feature for the BW games but look at this conversation
    If you're male and it's summer, you fight Hiker Natsumi. When you've beaten him, he says:
    We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
    Come along, boy!
    (They get on.)
    Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
    Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
    By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
    (They get off.)
    Man, that thing was way more hot and humid than I was expecting!
    But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
    I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
    Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler!
    Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Please explain xDDD

6. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I thought it was kind of neat, but didn't choose to ride except on two occasions. First was when i first got there, and i battled a little girl. I played again more recently (more than a year later). It was same girl, and i didn't even know that there were different people.

7. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO WEIRD I'M AFRAID TO USE THE FERRIS WHEEL NOW

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I did ride the ferris wheel, but it never stuck out to me as something that was very important or fun. I think I definitely would have been more impressed if you could battle on the wheel. However, there were some good parts here and there. I thought it was pretty cool that you could battle N in BW 2 here on a certain day, sort of like battling gym leaders on certain days in Pokémon HGSS.

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP
    That place was significant in Black and White, but I only rode it once after that. It was when I was really, really bored, and had nothing to do.

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I rode it a bit, but not much. It was an interesting and neat little thing they put into the game, but not much more than that in my eyes. Still, it is memorable.

11. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I love the Ferris Wheel because 60% of the dialogue can be taken SO badly, it's hilarious. They sweaty Hiker and Aroma Girl (or Ace Trainer?) are my favorite. I laugh so hard at these.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This was fun to ride, though I didn't do it too often. I still enjoyed doing it when I remembered to, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.