1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Legend of Zelda

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by bubbie, Mar 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    kinda surprised there isn't already topic for this already1 but idk, maybe i'm one of the few diehard zelda fans here XD

anyways, let's talk some zelda! it's my favorite game series alongside Pokémon. my favorite installations are probably windwaker and majora's mask. what games are your favorite? how much do you love zelda? is it more than me i bet not :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I love Zelda! Played the following songs on my Alto Saxophone: Bolero of Fire, Zelda's Lullaby, Requiem of Spirit, Nocturne of Shadow, Lost Woods, and Song of Time. But the only game I've played is Ocarina of Time(from the gamecube/wii) and Lick's Awakening(on computer).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tomatketchup likes this.
  3. Tomatketchup

Tomatketchup Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    :D

I'm no major LOZ fan, but I do enjoy Wind Waker and Zelda II.

4. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    My favorites are Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword. I've managed to play the opening theme song on my clarinet as well. :D

5. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    My favorite game is OoT too.
    I've played that one, Minish Cap (It was my first one!), Link to the Past, a bit of Link's Awakening, a bit of Oracle of Ages and... And I was pretty sure I had played at least one more, but it must have slipped my mind now!

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I own practically every game, have managed to pick out the theme on any digital piano in reach, and have used the in-game ocarina to pick out an almost perfect recreation of the Red/Blue opening

7. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Speak to me! I am die hard zelda fan! I have skyward sword and phantom hourglass personally, but I've played spirit tracks and minish cap also. Minish cap is my favorite by far, its just a beastly game. Oddly, I haven't played a ganondorf game yet

8. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Ocarina of time is my most favorite Zelda game in existence! I've had so many hours placed on that poor video game, I'm surprised it still even works. Haha! I guess the next favorite of mine is Twilight Princess and the original for the NES. <3

The boss I had the most fun with has got to be Morpha from OoT. For some reason that big ooey gooey critter is fun to just mess around with when you feel like wasting time. I also approve of Bongo Bongo. His beat is so catchy *v* Plus not to mention his chant that he does when he is taunting you or something.

9. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    oh god FUCK bongo bongo he was the one boss i always got stuck on hahaha.now that i've gotten spirit tracks recently! i've now played EVERY ZELDA GAME. also OoT is actually one of my least favorites, probably because i played the shit out of it as a kid i can't stand to touch it anymore. like seriously i've beat it at least 2 dozen times. oracle of seasons was my first zelda game, i got it with Pokémon red as a kid and my love for both has been the deepest as far as games go. i've even got a tattoo of the hylian crest as proof of my undying love!

10. TheAwesomeTyranitar

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past/Four Swords. Being very young at the time, my friends and I impersonated our hero "Link" from Four Swords and blindly ran around the woods with machetes. I'm still wondering how we never killed ourselves by tripping and getting sliced open... Zelda and Pokémon are tied at my top 3 game series. I was so excited when I found out about the free Four Swords for DSi last year I nearly exploded.

11. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'm a fan of the series but haven't kept up with it. Despite being a big SNES guy, the first Zelda game I played all the way through was Ocarina of Time, and what a magical piece of my late-childhood was that. My favorite of all time however is Majora's Mask. I love everything about it, incredible replay value with the mask collecting and the concept is fantastic and ripe for expanding upon with theories. Some parts were pretty dark and mindtrip-like but still retained the typical kind of light heartedness in places you'd expect from a Zelda game. I consider it a masterpiece. The most recent Zelda game I've played was Wind Waker back when I still had a Gamecube. I enjoyed it but not nearly as much as the two N64 classics.

12. MisterFedora

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I've played through Ocarina of Time, WindWaker, and Four Swords, and my favorite definitely has to be Wind Waker. It's cel-shaded art style made it a truly unique game, and it had pretty good controls and easy to grasp concepts.

The best part was how surprisingly easy it was, honestly. That usually doesn't sound like a good thing, but it's definitely something I found quite enjoyable; because it was the first Legend of Zelda game I was actually able to finish. That combined with the cel-shaded art style, and overall feel of gameplay made it a very welcoming game into the Zelda Franchise, from there on I started to play the other ones.

It's not my favorite game-series, but it's still a timeless classic that keeps on reinventing itself in new ways that keep players on edge.

13. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I found that too, all through the game, except for part of the last battle, where
    you must shoot the tail of snake-Gannon with a Light Arrow while it moves around incredibly fast
    . Maybe I was doing something wrong back then, but damn that part was so frustrating.

14. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Nope nope you are 100% right, that part was horrible

15. tacoroach

tacoroach Collector

(Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    Pretty decent fan right here! My favourite is Majora's Mask. I'm actually planning on doing a skull kid Cosplay right now. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to make the mask. Thinking sculpting it and then doing a silicon and resin mold. Trying to convince my brother to be the happy mask salesman too. Heeheehee

I've played almost all of the games though. My older brother and I played the original on the NES. I remember getting all the way to the final temple, then my mom told us we had to go run to her friend's house really fast and when we got back the game had frozen and we lost a majority of our progress. I was super young back then but I remember how angry both of us were.

Despite the popularity of OoT, I think it was fairly overrated. It was quite boring to me and I still think Majora's Mask had more depth story-wise. Iunno, unpopular opinion. Wind Waker was also really great!

16. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Oh sweet I'd love to see pictures when you're finished! And yeah I think OoT is overrated too so youre not the only one haha

17. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I used to be a big Zelda fan. I like to think I still I am one, but Skyward Sword ruined any hype I may have for future games. I couldn't get into the motion controls. After trying to defeat the boss of the first dungeon and failing to get Link to swing his sword in the right direction, I gave up. (This wasn't an isolated incident; I had been having problems with the controls up to that point.)

Anyway, enough negativity. The NES Zelda was the first one I played and owned. I loved it but could barely make it past the first labyrinth. The Oracle games were the first Zelda games I beat.

18. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Yeah, I think the motion controls worked a bit TOO well (it took me 20 minutes just to save the cat at the beginning, because Link wouldn't stay at the right angle to jump on the roof) but I applaud Team Nintendo's effort to try something different

19. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Just putting this out there.
    I love the fact that you have to shoot cows to open doors in Jabu Jabu's belly in the Master Quest version. Cracks me up every time xD

20. Slaking

Slaking School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Zelda is the greatest! Other than Pokémon, of course... I played all of them, even Spirit Tracks, which was the most un-Zelda like of them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.