1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured The Lunch Table - for non-Pokémon chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    It's the last day of Thanksgiving break for me, and I'm not very happy. I don't want to go back to school. X( At least I have a new hoodie just in time haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Last day of break for me too, and I'm really not looking forward to going back. It looks like I'll be facing another Hell Week right when I get back, with the amount of important assignments and tests I'll need to do/take.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    @Ben I have had plenty of awkward moments, I am an extremely awkward person u .u In high school I slipped like twice when it was icy out, which is a thousand times more awkward when you're already really shy and self conscious and don't have any friends... and essentially every single oral presentation I did in high school could arguably be the most awkward thing I've ever done. :)

Yeah, all my awkward moments have really just been me being way too self conscious and making a bigger deal out of situations than I should have. And all in high school. After high school I got over most of that.

Ahh, and I'm sorry for anyone who has to go back to school now that turkey day is over ; .;

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've made a fool of myself so many times in School, like getting really angry at some one who wasn't the person I was supposed to be mad at and more. Awkwardness really sucks, it made me not wanna go to school but sometimes awkwardness can be hilarious even if you are the one involved.

I like looking back and seeing how much I've improved this year. Have you guys improved a lot? :')

5. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Improved? Yeah, I think I'm actually improving quite a bit in a number of different ways; For one, my grades are improving slowly, I'm putting a lot more effort in, and I've also lately become more sociable. Somewhere around the time I started interacting a lot with Lake Valor, actually... So maybe I have LV to thank for that!
    Thanks, LV! Thanks a bunch! :)

6. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Tell me about it, when I look back at old internet posts from when I was like 13, or even 16, I cringe. I was more naive than most growing up, even now it can show here and there, but back from age like 12 - 17 I was kind of a mess. haha. I've improved a ton, and I know I will continue to improve which is really encouraging and leaves me excited for the future. ^^

Come to think of it, I think I probably improved the quickest between age 17 and 18. I reeeaaally calmed down in those years.

7. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I think I've improved greatly as a person over the last couple years. I used to be an angry and violent person. I was a straight-up bully to everyone.

While I still am somewhat harsh in personality sometimes, I like to think that I've chilled out. I enjoy talking with people and can be happy around groups of people. Heck, I even have friends. That's a first.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm really glad to hear that! Being a bully isn't good, so it's great to hear you've improved. I used to be rude and insensitive to everyone I met too but I've come a long way since then and try to be more open minded. I really enjoy meeting a lot of new people this year, too. It's fun.

9. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Aww Ben! You've become such a sweetie and a great admin wwwww I'm sure we all have grown! LV has helped me change too, I used to be really negative and depressed (still am but not as frequently haha) and it's helped me become a lot more positive and meet great people like you all. Really I don't think I would be able to be this happy without what this site has done. I used to be so irritable and troublesome. My art has improved too I think!

Achromatic likes this.
  10. BlottoGoggles

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.4
    I don't like meeting a lot of people because I end up disliking just about all of them. That's probably just because I'm an asshole with this superiority complex thing going on in my head. No wonder my family calls me the Devil.

11. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I'd like to imagine that I've improved in the past couple years, and I think I have! I tend to hover around the line between improving and staying the same though, I really hope that I'm not taking a step backwards. If anything my art and writing has improved so that's something!

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Remember, never give up on your goals no matter how crazy they may seem! I would never have dreamed all of you great people would be on LV, but it happened and LV is an amazing place. Me, Satix and everyone else who helped build LV never gave up on this forum and look at it now. You can always improve and do what you want.~

13. theawesomeafro

theawesomeafro Licensed and Practiced Lurker

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    When it comes to who I am in life, I think I'm pretty blessed. I have some of the highest grade levels in my class, and I am not socially awkward or anything, I am not afraid to talk to anyone. I make others laugh and have a wonderful family around me. But I also have an ego. Even though it is sometimes the basis for my humor, I am afraid that I sometimes push myself onto others with my ego. Over all I'd give myself a 7.8/10, too much swag.

Pixil likes this.
  14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I don't really have an ego at all, I'm no better than anyone else, I'm just a happy person most of the time and try to makes others happy too.

15. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I like to think that I've improved a lot as a person since 2012. I've become much more conscious about my behavior and manners than I already was, and often try to be as pleasant and kind as I can - especially during hard times, where I feel as though everybody appreciates a little bit of kindness. I admittedly often doubt that I'm very good at providing the right kind of support to my friends, but they insist that I've done a lot for them and that they're really grateful for it. Nobody has ever thanked or said that to me before, so I'm really touched that I've been able to make a difference to someone.. (*´ ˘ `*) I'd also really like to attribute some of my social improvements to LV, despite the fact that I've practically been doing more lurking than posting since I joined last year. This is the only forum I'm a part of right now that's even still active, or hasn't gone down yet due to the quality of the community; sadly, every other board I've seen lately has either died from inactivity or from drama between the members. I'm very happy to see that this great forum is still going!

16. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I've probably improved quite a bit over the years, becoming bigger, smarter, and adapting to the real world more. I've also slowly become more socially adept, no mater what my parents would tell you. I'm doing a lot of things that I never thought I'd ever do when I was younger, like becoming a Gym Leader here. But at the same time, my inferiority complex has become stronger, causing me to second-guess myself more often and becoming much more disappointed in myself when I fail. I'm much more prone to collapsing internally to stress now too, so that's something I have to work on so I'm not feeling terrible 24/7.

I need a sandwich or something.

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I'm glad you like it hear at LV, Tororo, please don't leave us <3 It can be hard to get used to LV but it is an amazing forum at heart and it won't be going inactive or going down any time.

And try not to get too stressed Gengar, remember to take breaks.

18. Gemini

Gemini "The Explorer"

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.0
    I think that in some ways that I have improved but in others I regressed. For instance when I was younger I was more sociable but I did only ok in school, as I got older I became less talkative but I did really well in school. Even now I don't talk to a lot of people but I do pretty good in school; I do need to work on my antisocial tendencies. Also I've improved in temperament, when I was younger I was quick to anger and my emotions were everywhere; Now that I'm older I have a really good grasp of my emotions, I have a lot more patience and overall it's really hard to get me upset.

19. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I think I improved somewhat, when it comes to the way I treat people. Before I used to ignore everyone, brush them off as if they didn't exist, and only my opinions mattered. Now though I try to be as nice as I can be, and try to accept everyone, especially on the internet itself. However in life I guess I've regressed instead of improved. I used to be able to get along with anyone, and get amazing grades. Now, however, I don't talk at all. I barely go out of the house unless its night time, and.. I don't know. I guess I improved in some ways, but also need to improve on other things..

20. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Have I improved this year? I believe so I feel as if I'm more opened minded then I used to last year. I've gotten stronger after all the shit I've gone through. I've improved a bit with my cooking and I'm starting to become more curious. Like before Thanksgiving I wanted to learn how to cook so I learned how to make pasta with my father then the next day I learned how to cook Shrimp. Now I know how to bake pie. My grades have been rough since classes are a lot tougher this year but I believe I've gotten better.