1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured The Lunch Table - for non-Pokémon chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    My grades were and still are pretty awful but I don't let it get me down because I try my best and that's the best I can offer. I do hope my grades will shape up when I go to college though. I'll be studying and learning Japanese, I'm super excited for that. It's gonna be a ton of fun!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I get A's or B's for my final grades; rarely ever got a C. I don't spend too much time studying or doing homework and I procrastinate a lot, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I procrastinate way too much with school work, but I still do decently well in my classes. It's not all too difficult if you pay attention in class and your teacher actually gives a darn.

4. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    My grades have kinda slipped way down the drain compared to high school. :/ I'm getting more C's than ever and I'm pretty sure I'm averaging a grade point somewhere between 2.4 and 2.8. There are just way more distractions and reasons for me to procrastinate, and I manage my time really badly. Still, it's only the first semester, so I'm hoping I'll do better come January. Have to get past finals though... :wry:

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Online stuff, I always get it done. But IRL stuff I get lazy and forget to do it. ;_; I am the worst student ever.

6. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I was a pretty darn decent student, getting mostly As and Bs up until my senior year when I got a C in History/Government due to how little I cared, haha. In the short time I spent in college I got all As, it was a community college so not that hard.

I'm one of those people who will usually only put effort toward things I really care about, and when I do I'll put absolutely everything I've got into it.

[EDIT] 1,000 posts, omai.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I mostly had Bs and As too, but usually Bs. In college I got two Ds because the courses were too hard and I couldn't be bothered to study. urghh the horror, some of those professors were so bad.. :(

8. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    My school is... er... special in every way possible. We don't do grades. It's just a more "You're doing great!" or "Needs more work..." sort of thing, haha.

9. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I hardly pay attention in any of my classes; I'm usually browsing the web or messing with Photoshop/ImageReady, haha. (In high school I'd be playing games on emulators. Granted, the games I played at school were VNs and thus consisted mostly of clicking.)

Honestly, I wish we weren't graded, or that if we were, that we'd be allowed to use our notes for exams. Exams often don't show what you've learned so much as what you've memorized. Anyone can memorize facts if they spend some time reviewing them, but it doesn't necessarily mean they've learned them. This method of exam creating induces stress in students, especially those who are horrible at memorizing things/keeping their brain organized for testing (myself included).

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Grades really suck and can be a lot of stress. I heard the American education system is pretty bad as it is. We have grades here but they're pretty different and more simplified.

11. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    We do have grades, back in school, but no longer in university. Some assignments still retain the grade system though.

However, I do agree with some others' opinion about exams being more to memorizing than actually learning. This, I really do not like. It is stress-inducing in more ways than one. I for one can get insanely competitive when it came to the academic world. Though it depends from time to time. For instance, I get agitated when a friend next to me is studying, and I don't happen to be doing so.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Today has been a good, but unproductive day for me. I can't wait to get more done as time goes by. :)

13. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    It's been a super productive day for me, yay! It's so fulfilling at the end of the day knowing you did a lot of useful stuff.

And yeah, the education system in the US is pretty darn messed up. Won't get into that here though, D:

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Indeed, haha. I was playing with a stray cat today. It's so cute! I'm starting to get very tired right now, so I'll sleep soon. My sleeping pattern is so odd.

15. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    My day wasn't productive at all today; Copy off the board for Media, Listen for a bit in Physics, and Type randomly/check Lake Valor in I.C.T.

I'm a good person.

16. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    My cat pissed on my bed. ;_;

I forgot how tiring the school day can be. I just want to take a nap but then I won't be able to sleep later so I'll just be even more tired.

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I came out to more of my family today, my grandpa (mom's side) and mom. Is never easy talking about things like gender identity especially when they still don't fully understand it. It doesn't change that I'm still a total mess though that don't trust myself enough to start working again since I almost completely broke down on my way to work before I went on sick leave.

18. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Hey, stray strong. [: That kind of stuff can be really mentally exhausting, but it definitely gets better, and we're all here for you if you need someone to talk to.

19. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I know you are. ^^ But is still tough especially since I'm still waiting for the letter that will take me a step further and hopefully stop all the self hate and a few other things.

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Hey, how is everyone today? What are you up to? :D