1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Newbie Lounge

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Sheep, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Greetings, Boulderstar2000. (Why does that sound like the name of a spaceship to me?)

If you've never been to a forum before, I recommend taking it slowly at first. Threads are sorted out by category, and while you can find almost anything to talk about, where it goes can be a bit tricky to find, even for people that have been on forums before.

My advice is to take a look at Guidance of Valor to get you introduced to the forum interface. It's a neat little tutorial that will take 20 minutes at most to complete, and should help you get acquainted with the forum.

As for the people, almost everyone here is rather friendly and willing to talk - not necessarily outgoing, but won't turn a face away. There are a lot of other people that have joined recently as well, so who knows? You might be able to start your forum adventure together with new friends. I think it'd be more fun that way.

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Welcome, Boulder! It's fantastic to have you with us. B) Definitely explore around, you'll find something. Site has tons to offer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Hiya, welcome c:
    I think one of the things I learned from my first forum experience was that you can use the quote button if you want to make sure someone knows you replied to them, otherwise you have to rely on both sides keeping track of the thread to see the next post, and maybe that's not difficult for others but I tend not to remember to keep a thread open so quotes are really great for reminding me that somethings happening there :'D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I decided to join LV on a whim and have been definitely enjoying it! PP seem very cool and I also love the emphasis on artwork in this community! I am new so I would love meeting other players, old and new, and learning more. This isn't my first forum so I've pretty much figured it out but I would love if someone could link me to the donation thread so I can request a tiny donation and kickstart my LV life (I came across it but can't find it :/).

EDIT November 21st 2017: It's LV's 5 year anniversary Vig and this is your first post. Seems like it was only yesterday that you wanted to amass the largest collection of PP in LV's history ;)

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor Vigilance! You super nice and I am so happy you like the site! You can request donations here- http://lakevalor.net/topic/1170-request-a-donation. You should make sure to check out the shop, there are a lot of cool features for your account!

Vigilance likes this.
  6. thebigcrunchone9

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.9
    Hello there everyone. I submitted another story to this site. I'm so glad I was told about this place. I believe I will have a lot of fun here. It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Cadbberry likes this.
  7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Hello everyone (for the millionth time that word has been said in here) I only joined recently but this forum is a lot of fun. Never really got into forums so this is my first. Was invited because of my fanfiction, already have four chapters up here. I hope to continue to be apart of this site for years to come!

8. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    What a...no, no coincidence. Wish we could find zformtapu on here (he/she sent me here too!)... Anyways, glad you're on!

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    He sent me here as well. I don't think that it's a coincidence anymore.

10. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I've been checking my PM's on FFN, and I've noticed that the person who referred me changed their name to zformtapu. I also believe that's why there's been a massive influx of writers. At this point, I'm just curious who it was!

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Welcome to all new folks! It's lovely to have you all with us. :)

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I hope you all are happy here and stick around, and above all else enjoy the forums!

13. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Am I late to the welcome party? Either way, welcome to all newcomers! I bet it'd be great to have you all here. I'm pretty new myself though, haha. :)

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Hi everyone! I'm new here, which feels weird to say, I haven't joined a site like this in a while. I'm pretty excited to be here (not only because I finally have proof I'm not the only one over seven who's interested in Pokémon!) and would love to meet some people!

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's not weird to say if it's factually accurate, is it? ...okay, maybe it could still be weird, but still I don't think this is one of those occasions.

It is good to see you stumble upon this place. I can assure you that Lake Valor is full of people who would love to meet you and want to be met, so you can always feel free to look around the place for topics that interest you, and strike up a conversation with whomever you please.

I hope you enjoy this place as much as we do; please share what you think of our little home as you spend time around here!

16. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Welcome to Lake Valor! It is always shocking to see how many people enjoy one topic and how it brings people together. It is awesome to have you join us!

17. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    welcome c: it's definitely one of those fandoms that is growing up alongside it, rather than falling away as they grow older ^ ^ it's especially telling when Pokémon go came out and almost everyone around me, all adults, were playing it with no shame at all :'D

18. F1SweetHeart

F1SweetHeart Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    Hey guys!

My name is F1Sweetheart and I'm a blogger/fanfic writer

19. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Welcome to LV!

F1SweetHeart likes this.
  20. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Heyo, welcome. :) I'm a writer too but extremely lazy as of late, lmao. Hope you have fun here. <3

F1SweetHeart likes this.