1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal " The Pokemon Project"

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by That Weirdd Guy, Dec 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Hello everyone! This has been a hobby of mine for a while now and I just wanted to get some of your guys thoughts and reccomendations, thanks in advance. I wanted a project that would last in between Pokémon releases and came up with the idea of playing through my old Pokémon games with a few twists. I have at least one Pokémon game of every generation, and the means to transfer them all the way from Gameboy Advance to 3DS.

So the idea is to to start with Generation I and move up in approximate order and beat each game by completing the Elite Four rematch in each game. After beating the first game, then moving onto the next, but before proceeding using the first team to beat the Elite Four in the next game. For example: After beating Leafgreen and Soul Silver Elite Four rematches, beating the Elite Four in Pokémon Soul Silver with the Lefgreen team. This would would snowball after each generation with each team from the previous generation defeating the current generation's Elite Four.

Now just using whatever team I wanted sounded fun, but I wanted to challenge myself and use Pokémon I never used before. They are as follows:
    1. No overlapping types on the team.
    2. The team must consist of only Pokémon from the generation being used.
    3. No starters being used by the Elite Four challenge.
    4. No Legendaries on the team.
    5. No trade evolutions on the team*. (Can be used in they can be caught in-game)
    6. Must nickname all Pokémon.
    7. Only Pokémon obtainable in game can be used.
    8. Shinies muct be used no matter what if found.
    I am curious what your guys thoughts are, and if you guys have any suggestions let me know! I have done Leafgreen and am a ways through Soul Silver. If you guys want me to list my teams let me know!

Leaf Green team:
    1. Dragonite (Bumblebee)
    2. Hitmonlee (Bruce)
    3. Rapidash (Prince)
    4. Dewgong (Vanilla)
    5. Snorlax (Tubbs)
    6. Rhydon (T-Don)
    Honorable mentions in: Dugtrio (DigDug) and Slowbro (Lazy River).

These guys got me through the first and second matches with the Elite Four!

P.S. I suck at formatting so if you guys have a suggestion, let me know! If any one could show me how to add sprites that would be great!

TL;DR: I have almost all the old Pokémon games, wanted to play them, made my own challenge, and started it. Looking for suggestions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    umm, so ya want a team to beat the elite four without starters (I feel bad for cynda haha)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    That Weirdd Guy likes this.
  3. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Yeah there are some starters that I really wanted to use, but I wanted to force myself to try different Pokémon. I wanted a team for each game all the way back to the GBA games and transfer them all the way up and beat the Elite 4 of each game with the team from the previous game. It gets complicated with Elite four rematches in certain games and the order is really confusing as well. Starting with Leafgreen, then going to Heart Gold on the DS or Emerald on the GBA. Not sure which one to do first.

#3 Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017