1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The main series fames turn based strategy for a reason, not fighter games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah, that's what I like about them and I really don't enjoy fighting games like Tekken as much they just not me. So I would get very sad if they decided to do it like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I like being able to do something with strategy, even if it is just type match up, nature, move set, and Ev/IV.

4. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Same, it feels kinda liek a waste to do all that if you can just do cheap shot moves with badly stat mons because of a changed battle system.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    They probably wouldn't be able to bring Pokken into the main games even if they wanted to. Its a licensed game made by a different company, so Game Freak shouldn't have the rights to anything in it that they don't already own.

6. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    The battle system is not owned by the company they can take that and add it to the core series if that's what they want and by doing that bringing Pokken to the main series. Which is currently a rumor I've heard from my brother and I hope that's all it is sine I do not care for games like Pokken at all.

7. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Eh. I dunno. I feel like SM and USUM are kinda small previews of what we're going to see in Gen 8, I think.

8. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    SM were basically just feels like a trial while USUM became the finished product of that gen it seems since they did a lot of things for USUM to make it better a lot of them where small details.

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I just hope the finished Switch game is something that will be fun to play. USUM felt like a chore sometimes.

10. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Yeah although I did really like the post-game story, it was nice to see them actually try make something other than go to this facility and battle for hours.

11. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    I don't really think Pokken's battle system would make it into the main games. If anything else, It'll probably be similar to Pokémon Colosseum's/Pokémon XD's style, except with far fancier graphics and all.

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Just hope not everything will be double battles, a fun as the spin off games are the double battling was a tad annoying too and I usually like double battling although it was mainly the shared exp that was a pain since it made leveling a tad harder. The newer games don't have shared exp now all mins get the full amount as long as they've been in the battle that might make things easier.

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I want to see a bit more triple and rotation battles. Not a lot, but enough that they actually feel integrated in the games for once.

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Slightly sad that rotation battles got killed off when Gen VII came around. I dunno if they'll be brought back again alongside triples.

15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Rotation battles never really got any love, is an interesting way of battling they just never really did anything with it past the introduction which is pretty sad since is so different from all the other formats.

16. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Yeah, it was more of a gimmick than anything else. :< Kind of like Sky Battles that only got like.. one or two Trainer battles ever and then was forgotten about. xD

Nah. It's more like... think Colosseum/XD but with your usual Single battle stuff that's present in main series Pokémon games.

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Sky battles were kinda eh, everything that can fly or levitate is used meaning pokémon like Aerodactyl pretty much dominates them so if I never see that again I won't mind frankly I skipped a lot of the sky battles in XY because I didn't always have a pokémon that could participate. Rotation battles tho, come on Game Freak revive them and let people try again you barely did anything to promote them aside from like what 2 battles doing the course of the story.

18. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    *throws revival herbs in chat*

Anyone doing any shiny hunts in the games? I'm still soft resetting for a Shiny Celebi on the VC Crystal. @_@ Think I'm definitely over 2000 resets at this point... I stopped counting after the 1700s.

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Not currently, I should get back into it on my US file, but I haven't really had the time to dedicate to it, sadly enough.

20. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    I got stuck on the 2nd Trial in Ultra Sun and got bored lol