1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Yeah, I don't much like the starters of Sinnoh, despite it being my favorite region overall. I always choose Chimchar in the end though, because Fire is my favorite overall type, and I don't care if it makes the first gym a pain! :P

And Lunar, I completely agree. Their outfits are awesome anyway, but they're awesomer in Platinum! :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Hmm, yeah, I'm not really a huge fan of the Sinnoh starters. My favorite is Turtwig, but it gets boring using it every time haha. Empoleon and Infernape, while they're both pretty cool and all, don't appeal to me as much. Sinnoh had tons of awesome Pokémon to make up for it though c;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Sinnoh improved a lot of different aspects of Pokémon which I thought was amazing. The physical special split was super important and all the cross generation evolution made it worthwhile. Gen 4 was really amazing for me with all the cute and pretty Pokémon, the plot itself was a major aspect of the game, which honestly made me more interested. The design of the cities and gyms felt really unique and special, and I could say a boatload more for the entire game.

4. Jakk

Jakk Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽125.5
    I liked gen 6 the best. I always choose Froakie

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,593.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love my Gyarados Mizuchi, she's so strong. When I'm done with this challenge I'll have to breed a competitive version of her.

I've been training way too much in OR today and only posted one update in my blindlocke. x-x

6. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Gen. VI and Gen. V are tied for my faves; really love a lot about about XY and BW/BW2 and what they brought to the world of Pokémon. ORAS are OK, but they aren't as great as I had hoped.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I really liked D/P.. though the new Pokémon introduced were my least favorite. x_x Sinnoh starters were also my least favorite of the group, with second and sixth gen starters coming in on top. Eee lovely Chikorita and Chespin. <3 now I want to catch up with the Pokémon anime.

8. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I've always been a fan of the Sinnoh games including the starters in general. Chimchar has been one of my favorite fire starter. Despite it's lack of movesets I always enjoyed using that Pokémon and I adore it's evolutions form. I wasn't a huge fan of Empoleon when I used him right after Infernape. It wasn't the same for me and it kept dying a lot it seemed like. I'll be honest with you but I never used Turtwig yet. I was starting to when I restarted the game but I ended up not finishing it. I only got up to Grotle but that was it. Turtwig wasn't bad but I still loved my Chimchar. I miss the Sinnoh region. I don't know I think my least favorite would have to be Unova. As much as I loved Unova the starters didn't kick into me. I tried Snivy but I didn't like it that much, Tepig was okay but I always enjoyed Oshawott. They weren't my favorite out of the starter groups.

9. Jakk

Jakk Hiker

PokéPoints:
    ₽125.5
    I've always loved black 2 the best

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Black and White 2 are really good! I just love Unova so much though. *_*

But yeah, Turtwig is one of those starters I hardly ever used haha. Torterra didn't start clicking with me until veery recently and even then Turtwig and Grotle are still meh.

11. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    re: Unova starters, I looooove Snivy and its evos. so much, but the other two are subpar. I really disliked that Tepig ended up being yet another Fire/Fighting type upon evolving; really wish it were Fire/Ground like in BlazeBlack/VoltWhite. As for Sinnoh starters, I love Infernape and Empoleon <3 (I really hate Piplup, though. Blame anime!Dawn's Piplup.) Torterra's OK, but its 4x weakness to Ice isn't really lovely.

12. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Yeah I felt the same way. Torterra has a cool design yes (I didn't like Turtwig or Grotle's design much) but it just didn't seem as great compared to the other two starters. I heard good things about Turtwig from my offline friends who originally played D/P/PL so I might try it out again whenever I get the chance to.

13. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I love the generation 4 starters overall more than any other generation. Platinum was my favorite game until Omega Ruby rolled around. Torterra has such an amazing re-usability to it just like Staraptor. I'll probably play through it again soon.

14. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    My favorite set of starters are probably Johto, I love all of them a lot (hugs chikorita and cyndaquil), and Kanto and Hoenn.

Unova is probably my least favorite. Oshawott is cute but Samurott is meh. I like Snivy's line, but they're hard to use in battle. Tepig's line is just horribly unappealing (except for Tepig itself).

15. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Are we talking about the best set of starters? Cause that's obviously Hoenn's set. XD

16. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    No way man, Kalos' starters were much better! Delphox is a fire wizard fox, Greninja is a water ninja frog, and Chesnaught is... Well, at least two out of three are awesome...

Pixil likes this.
  17. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    No Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert are way cooler.

18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Blaziken is about as overhyped as it gets; Swampert is a bulk monster with derpy eyes; and Sceptile is inferior to Grovyle, design-wise.

19. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Greninja is overhyped as well, Delphox has some ear hair issues and Chesnaught has a little bit of a weird design.

20. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Yes. This. Definately this. Grovyle is awesomazing, but Sceptile is a dinosaur with a Christmas tree on its tail. Well hey, that's just my opinion, obviously.