1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Villa

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Feb 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    In Platinum, there was a Villa added to the Resort Area. When you purchase certain items, certain Gym Leaders will appear. There are certain credentials to unlock certain furniture. For example, when you defeated the Champion 10 times, you would unlock the piano.

What did you think of the Villa? Were you able to unlock all the furniture? Did you decorate the Villa with all the furniture? If D/P are remade, would you like to see the Villa return?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I liked the Villa idea, though I never completed getting all the furniture. I should go back and do that lol. I think it would be nice to be brought back if those games ever get remade in the future, maybe even improved and added to so it can be more significant and fun for players.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    You know, I never really gave it a second thought. I only beat the Champion in that game a maximum of 3 times. >.>
    Pretty cool concept though, I suppose.

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The villa was pretty cool! I never used it though. I didn't do much decorating. It was a nice concept, but when I played Platinum I had more of an interest in beating all the things rather than decorate a house. xD

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I never remembered that this was a thing, haha. I was always too busy with other things.

6. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I remember that I got the villa, bought one or two things, and went back to it once in a while. It was a really cool feature and I feel like they could definitely do more stuff like that in the future.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I really liked it when Gym Leaders would visit, and how Steven used to own it. Who knows what dirty things he and Wallace did in there... :smug:

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I found this very forgettable and never dabbled much in it.. was one of the only features I didn't explore at all due to total disinterest. The concept was cool but it never stuck with me. x~x Reading through the description it actually sounds neat so I'm not sure why I didn't bother to give it a chance, especially since I love decorating things in games, haha.

9. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I thought this was a cute little feature that they included, and as others have mentioned it was made interesting when other Gym Leaders would just pop out of nowhere. xP And it was nice to spend tons of money on items that don't do anything.

10. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Oh man, I loved the Villa so much! I actually did end up collecting all of the furniture in one playthrough. I loved how people would come && visit and open up new dialogue with them. It made the game seem more. . Personal, I guess? Like it made it seem like Gym Leaders && others were truly interested in the protagonist && that their friendships were real. You didn't just receive the usual "wow you're a great trainer you're gonna go far kid blah blah blah" speech after defeating a gym leader, but visits from them in your villa as well! It's like they were checkin' up on ya because they cared.

. . However it always annoyed me you couldn't lay in the gigantic bed you could purchase.

11. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I liked it even though I used the AR to get the money to buy stuff
    Kinda sucked that everything was in a set place, though.

12. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    @Raptor 98 said;
    Kinda sucked that everything was set in place, though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, I hella agree with that! I wish we had been able to place the furniture where we wanted to, or remove furniture we didn't like. Honestly, after putting all of that furniture in there, the place was pretty cramped. . :S

Garudarocks likes this.
  13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This location was pretty neat, though I was too poor to be able to get anything in there. RIP. :(

Maybe in my next playthrough I'll try and pimp it out.

14. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I LOVE the Villa feature. When we didn't have Secret Bases anymore, the idea of having our own house was awesome. I didn't unlock all the features, but enough to make my villa nice. I'd love to see this return in Gen VII.

15. pokedragonS8

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I didn't know it was possible to do this... XD
    Well, now we definitely need a remake!

16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    When I saw that piano I grinned, full of joy. That thing took forever to get, and i deserved it very much. I didn't spend much time there, and I wish I spent more. But hey. I'd love to see it again!

17. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I remember receiving the villa and buying a few furnitures, but it wasn't something that caught a lot of my attention. I thought it was cool that the Gym Leaders visited every now and then. Finally, some respect for the new Champion! Haha.

18. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The villa was a pretty neat concept, but I was mainly focused on battling more than decorating. However, I did like how Gym Leaders would stop by now and then.

19. Iceixient

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.5
    It was cool, but I think it might have been better if it was introduced to the player more early in the game, so that it gave them more time to kinda get interested in it. I think they could probably play on the idea some more perhaps, make it more significant in some way.

Otherwise, I never really messed with it too much. I wasn't even sure how to get more furniture for it really, and I definitely didn't know about the piano. I might have to go back and try to get that.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I liked it, I don't think I unlocked all the stuff I could get for it but I unlocked some and I did decorate a few times just for the fun of it. But other than that I never really did too much with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.